• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Gen 8 being innovative would sort of fit with Game Freak recently saying that they'd like to do more with other games/IPs:

Yeah, they might be getting a bit tired of Pokemon development, but that's all the more reason to shake things up and try new stuff

I dunno though, these rumours could all just be for nothing: I can't predict ****, I'm not really Xatu

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The leaks for Pokemon Sword and Shield, like the National Dex leak, are so BS. Not saying they're completely fake, but they don't look so believable......

And I see that papagenos papagenos has posted his video of a leaker telling him the things for Pokemon SWSH, the same leaker that predicted the last characters for Mario Tennis Ace. He doesn't look believable at all, because they were already easily predicted. Besides, his leak details for Pokemon contradicts a lot of things shown in the trailer, even one of the leaks on the internet.

But we'll see.

Also, is there a link to a site that tells me the complete list of 'leaks' or 'rumors' for every Pokemon games OR generation? A bit similar to how Smashwiki.com documents leaks and rumors of each Smash game?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The leaks for Pokemon Sword and Shield, like the National Dex leak, are so BS. Not saying they're completely fake, but they don't look so believable......

And I see that papagenos papagenos has posted his video of a leaker telling him the things for Pokemon SWSH, the same leaker that predicted the last characters for Mario Tennis Ace. He doesn't look believable at all, because they were already easily predicted. Besides, his leak details for Pokemon contradicts a lot of things shown in the trailer, even one of the leaks on the internet.

But we'll see.

Also, is there a link to a site that tells me the complete list of 'leaks' or 'rumors' for every Pokemon games OR generation? A bit similar to how Smashwiki.com documents leaks and rumors of each Smash game?
I think serebii.net has a section on fake Pokemon designs (like 'here's the totallly legit evolution for Piplup guize!') though I dunno if it has more comprehensive details

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think serebii.net has a section on fake Pokemon designs (like 'here's the totallly legit evolution for Piplup guize!') though I dunno if it has more comprehensive details
God, why is it that all the starters are cute little puffballs, and then they evolve into a 10-year-Old boy’s dream. Like, why can’t they stay cute.

D

Deleted member

Given they were "hoping" for a Smashing time for the direct that announced Smash, I'm hoping it's real.
Wow. The only things holding Banjo back for me in terms of chances were verge's Minecraft info and no real reliable leaker support.

Now at least one of those are busted. He's no Erdrick, but this is pretty ****ing good.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
God, why is it that all the starters are cute little puffballs, and then they evolve into a 10-year-Old boy’s dream. Like, why can’t they stay cute.
886.png

1491853456823.png

You got some weird-ass selective memory, you know that?

D

Deleted member

So apparantly Shinobi is the only one implying Banjo is in Smash and nobody else has heard about that specifically
Verge was the only one shouting Incineroar during Grinch era. It's possible for only one guy to spearhead a character.

Doubt banjo is making it in.
It's funny because I'm kind of with you. Banjo's been dead for so long to where I can't see them in a modern game now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seems E3 booths images are starting to leak.
Why the **** is the Grinch back though?

EDIT: Looking closer, looks more like merchandise, not necessarily from E3.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Everyone knows you don’t just give kids what they want. You give them what you know is good for them dressed as something they like. If you just give them what they want, all they’ll get is junk and they fail to grow.
You speak the truth

I wanted Olimar in Brawl and I got Olimar in Brawl. And that's how I became a projectile spamming degenerate.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Everyone knows you don’t just give kids what they want. You give them what you know is good for them dressed as something they like. If you just give them what they want, all they’ll get is junk and they fail to grow.
You do realize Pokemon is a multi billion dollar brand, right?

I don't think they really care about at the end of the day.

They just want to make sure they can nab the most money as possible. And to do that, you kinda have to please the crowd.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Verge was the only one shouting Incineroar during Grinch era. It's possible for only one guy to spearhead a character.

It's funny because I'm kind of with you. Banjo's been dead for so long to where I can't see them in a modern game now.
With all the merchandise for BK coming out near E3 and a brand extension agency listing BK as one of the IP they're working with, I'm really inclined to believe they'll be seen in a game again at E3.

That or MS really wants to start leveriging dead IP for merchandise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You do realize Pokemon is a multi billion dollar brand, right?

I don't think they really care about at the end of the day.

They just want to make sure they can nab the most money as possible. And to do that, you kinda have to please the crowd.
I thought Nintendo was one of the few companies that actually did care. That’s what Arlo says anyway.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I thought Nintendo was one of the few companies that actually did care. That’s what Arlo says anyway.
Nintendo isn't really the one in charge of Pokemon tho, they only own a 1/3 of it, alongside Creatures Inc. and Game Freak.

The Pokemon Company (A joint venture between the three) is likely the one in charge of business decisions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just updated my Fighters Pass Prediction
I can't see why nobody thinks Banjo is coming anymore

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo isn't really the one in charge of Pokemon tho, they only own a 1/3 of it, alongside Creatures Inc. and GAME FREAK.

The Pokemon Company (A joint venture between the three) is likely the one in charge of business decisions
I see....

I shall plant the seeds of a hostile takeover.

God, imagine if The Pokémon Company somehow separated from Nintendo and went multi-plat.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just updated my Fighters Pass Prediction
I can't see why nobody thinks Banjo is coming anymore
lolwut

With what's been going the past 24 hours, almost everybody thinks they're coming now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I see Pokemon talks.

All I think is Furret.
9d8.gif

:162:

(thank you redfeather for showing me the best pokemon)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you need to pass time, switch on Ultimate, then play all the Metroid songs in the music player. That'll kill 52 minutes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I only occasionally watch this guys videos, and I don’t really like his content. But this thumbnail man...
AFC7AAAF-EBF7-43F7-89E4-3F0FB761422E.png

The classic Banjo design was really made to look good on the N64, and all attempts to modernize it Mario style have failed spectacularly. That design in particular is especially bad. Kazooie looks like a Dr. Seuss Character and Banjo is way too Lanky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't watch the Pokemon Direct on Nintendo's Site since my school restricts all Youtube Livestreams so I have to watch it on my favorite Smash Youtuber's Twitch stream instead

D

Deleted member

Okay. I only occasionally watch this guys videos, and I don’t really like his content. But this thumbnail man...
View attachment 225959
The classic Banjo design was really made to look good on the N64, and all attempts to modernize it Mario style have failed spectacularly. That design in particular is especially bad. Kazooie looks like a Dr. Seuss Character and Banjo is way too Lanky.
I mean, this isn’t “bad” but it’s not exactly the best either. It’s just “meh.”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I really wish you could just post media with no text.
I mean, this isn’t “bad” but it’s not exactly the best either. It’s just “meh.”
Agree to disagree, I guess. I really cannot wait to see how they look in Smash and whatever else MS has cooking.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
vergeben's latest gamefaqs post is maintaining minecraft which is interesting

if shinobi actually knows something and isn't ****ing with people (or heaven forbid, is just listing a wish instead of pulling a sneaky leak), then pretty much everyone else is in the dark about it

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

All Boxians were with Inciniroar when he was leaked. Since we all expected only 2 more characters left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom