• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Zachion is literally Siph, or whatever Artorias’s Wolf is called.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pokémon Sword and Shield, 2019, colorized
1472959896_Colossal+titan+source+attack+on+titan_85a4d0_4561623.gif

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like swords.
I like wolves.
I like wolves with swords.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the core gameplay improvements are looking great but I'm worried Gamefreak is out of ideas for changing up battles.

And it is at least more British than Unova was American.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can't wait to see Gun Wolf.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow the game looks a lot better. The outlines make the designs much better.

The turtle, raven and wolves are cool but don’t scream Pokémon. This gen has very different designs but it should be interesting.

Also based plant leaker is right again, now we can safely say they can’t be questioned.

Also the proffessor’s grand daughter is about to be very popular.

I wonder why they revealed the champion. He’s gotta have big story significance. It’s cool that your rival is his brother though.

And the cover legends for once don’t fight each other, they live and work in union. That’s a pretty different story element. I wonder what they were about to fight. The third legend? Which is likely that cyclops thing from the hill and a flying type. Which considering the large gust of wind I’d say that’s likely.

Overall pretty great direct.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not sure how I feel about the giant Pokemon thing: time will tell if it's worth it

But like the changes to the region, making the routes less restrictive (also I swear that was some BOTW music that was playing while they showed it off) and any game with Flygon in is a good game

Would have liked a return to 'rival is a ********' but oh well

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
“Bruh Game Freak is so lazy and not doing anything new.”

Why, because they used the Let’s Go games to get fans who fell away from the series back, and then blow everyone away with an actual mainline game that expands upon an open world, somewhat eliminates random encounters, and makes the region feel more alive?

Yikes. These games look awesome. Never thought Game Freak was lazy and could see people getting wrecked for saying that a mile away.

(Also, you don’t change a winning formula fundamentally. There’s a reason why Pokémon has lasted so long.)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Wild Area part looked very promising, hopefully it's something that spans the entire region and not just one enclosed area, if so then that's exactly the kind of stuff that I've always wanted to see from a console Pokémon game. The Co-op battle thing looked neat, but I'm unsure of the replayability of it, and Dynamax looked meh, it's visually striking but doesn't seem that exciting mechanically.

Pleasantly surprised by the designs, didn't really care for the flower thing, but the turtle and raven looked ace, and the sheep is so fluffy. I wish the wolves had different color palettes at least, but I did like the shield one, the sword one is a bit silly imo. Pretty cool to see James Turner make the jump to lead Pokémon designer or w/e his important title was, it's not often you see westerners succeed like that at a Japanese developer.

I'm cautiously optimistic for now, hopefully we get just a bit more information at E3, even if it's just a few designs.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let's be real this champion guy is gonna be the evil team leader. I'm calling it now.
I was actually thinking the same.

No champion has shown off right off the bat. Having your rival grow and realize his brother isn’t who he thought he was could be one hell of a heavy story. I don’t think there’s going to be a full fledged team though. I think it will be a small group with wrong morals rather then out for world domination or anything like that.

Maybe he wants to bring the region back to the days of the past or revolutionize its future even if it isn’t for the better? Idk, but I can definitely see the champion be evil and honestly it would be about time.

We need an evil professor and champion. It be great status quo switch ups.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also they showed Snorlax walking in the wild area.

This means it'll be the third gen in a row where Game Freak recongised how important it is to be able to catch a Snorlax (not needing to trade/transfer) and play through the game with one.

And now we get to make it giant :demon:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was actually thinking the same.

No champion has shown off right off the bat. Having your rival grow and realize his brother isn’t who he thought he was could be one hell of a heavy story. I don’t think there’s going to be a full fledged team though. I think it will be a small group with wrong morals rather then out for world domination or anything like that.

Maybe he wants to bring the region back to the days of the past or revolutionize its future even if it isn’t for the better? Idk, but I can definitely see the champion be evil and honestly it would be about time.

We need an evil professor and champion. It be great status quo switch ups.
Actually that wasn’t my reasoning, but your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom