• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I always seem to be absent when stuff goes down...

Err... what exactly happened?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please do not discuss the issue that took place. The staff is currently handling the situation. Please report any issues or problems instead of responding to it directly. Feel free to message the staff for any questions or concerns.

Thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Love coming back to see some random troll liven things up, this place hasn't changed a bit
But wow, why does that guy's writing style feel so familiar? It almost feels like they've already been here, hm...
EDIT: My timing is impeccable

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I feel bad...

I took my daughter to the park after work today and we had a bottle of her tea with her. We were there for about 30 minutes when a storm came rolling in with some bad lightning so I picked her up and tried to hurry back home as quick as we could. And I let the bottle of tea on a bench.

Normally, I wouldn’t worry about that but the place we went to is within my jurisdiction as head of the Anti-Litter Watch and it’s my responsibility to clean that park once a month on a Saturday.

So I littered at the place where I’m supposed to watch for littering and clean any of it up. I failed.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
About how
Edelgard did nothing wrong
She did one thing wrong tho
She never showed the portray she did of Byleth

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So I feel bad...

I took my daughter to the park after work today and we had a bottle of her tea with her. We were there for about 30 minutes when a storm came rolling in with some bad lightning so I picked her up and tried to hurry back home as quick as we could. And I let the bottle of tea on a bench.

Normally, I wouldn’t worry about that but the place we went to is within my jurisdiction as head of the Anti-Litter Watch and it’s my responsibility to clean that park once a month on a Saturday.

So I littered at the place where I’m supposed to watch for littering and clean any of it up.
I wouldn't worry too much, though--safety comes before cleanliness. Lightning's more dangerous than people tend to think--even if a storm is far away, there's the potential of being struck (rule of thumb, if you can hear thunder, there's the potential). Unlikely, yes, but better to be safe than sorry. I think you made the right decision. :)

If most people littered due to a sudden, oncoming storm, the world would be a cleaner place. But most people have far less understandable reasons.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldn't worry too much, though--safety comes before cleanliness. Lightning's more dangerous than people tend to think--even if a storm is far away, there's the potential of being struck (rule of thumb, if you can hear thunder, there's the potential). Unlikely, yes, but better to be safe than sorry. I think you made the right decision. :)

If most people littered due to a sudden, oncoming storm, the world would be a cleaner place. But most people have far less understandable reasons.
Thanks for the reassurance. I’ll come to you when the Anti-Littering Take Force knocks at my door at 3 in the morning to question me for littering. They might break my kneecaps...or something.

As a community head of my district, I’m in charge of collecting beautification funds, distributing local event information, cleaning up, patrolling once a month from 6-7 am on a Sunday, and trying to field a team for our annual Sports Festival. So far, it’s me, myself, and I and I need 9 more members. And no takers. As a white guy in rural Japan, people aren’t quite sure how to respond to this. Hell, I don’t even know how to respond to it as this was thrusted upon me without even consulting me lol. I imagine they were thinking “Well, that American Guy has a Japanese wife so she can do all of that stuff”. So even though I’m kind of complaining about it, I decided to do it on my own.

I also have to be a Tribute but that’s a whole other box of worms.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She did one thing wrong tho
She never showed the portray she did of Byleth
Dimitri wanted to kill her because she wouldn't show Byleth the portrait, he was actually the main person shipping the two, what a wingman

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It's interesting how we're probably very close to a direct and nobody has a clue who the next two dlc fighters are. Usually there's a big leak by now. Hope we see a direct in the next couple weeks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dimitri wanted to kill her because she wouldn't show Byleth the portrait, he was actually the main person shipping the two, what a wingman
Soo, if Dimitri is a insane Edel X Byleth fan, what does that mean for Claude? Does he ship like, End X Racism?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So Japan has been showing off commercials for Hero in Smash.

I wonder if there will be Banjo ones. I am thinking not.

D

Deleted member

It's interesting how we're probably very close to a direct and nobody has a clue who the next two dlc fighters are. Usually there's a big leak by now. Hope we see a direct in the next couple weeks.
It's Agumon and Crash
Like duh

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They've definitely been keeping stuff under warps pretty well when it comes to the DLC compared to base

So far the leaks have come from outside sources. Iirc, Erdrick and Banjo were very likely leaked by people with connections to Square Enix and Microsoft respectively, not Nintendo. That may explain why Joker went completely under the radar and why it may be the exact same for the final two characters

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What if... the next fighter isn't in the Direct. ;)

But yeah, it's weird and I'm not sure what to think. I'm happy, personally, as now that I'm no longer anxious about the next fighters. Without leaks, I can be truly surprised. But I feel bad for those still anxious to know if their character is in--I know what that's like--and for them I hope they get confirmation/deconfirmation sooner rather than later.

I'm 50/50 on the next fighter being in the next Direct. It would seem natural not to reveal them before Banjo & Kazooie are released, but if they wait until afterwards, I'm not sure where they could announce the characters. Unless they break the pattern of Announce - Presentation - Release and skip to the presentation for the next one. But we also have examples of characters being revealed before the previous one is released, with Hero/Banjo, and it could end up like that. Character #4 is revealed, B&K's page goes up, month later their presentation/release. I can see it going either way.

D

Deleted member

There was supposed to be an image here but the uploader's broken as usual so just imagine Edelgard peeking from the corner of the screen
Soo, if Dimitri is a insane Edel X Byleth fan, what does that mean for Claude? Does he ship like, End X Racism?
Claude ships himself with M!Byleth but refuses to actually marry him

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There was supposed to be an image here but the uploader's broken as usual so just imagine Edelgard peeking from the corner of the screen

Claude ships himself with M!Byleth but refuses to actually marry him
So Claude is actually a tsundere?

Wow, that is a actual spoiler right there.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Astral Chain is said by plenty of people to be a great franchise and the best franchise Nintendo has had since Splatoon. It currently has 88/100 on Metacritic.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What if... Astrial Chain Cop was out next DLC character?
Looks like it's getting great feedback, so it's something open in the future. But regarding this pass it was an unknown quantity when it was being developed, and it's not a previous IP like Fire Emblem where they could have a promotional character they think could sell well. Add to that the likelihood of this pass being all third party, I give it a close to zero chance. But for a next pass, or a next game, much more possible now than I would have said a month ago.

As for my reaction if it happened--I'd be very surprised, given my reasons above. Not wholly against it, though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Enjoying the DQXI demo so far, though I'm taking my sweet time with it

Any advice in what's best to invest skill points in (or whatever they're called - apologies, am completely new to the franchise)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Played some Wade Hixton's Counter Punch.

I have to say, that game has some of best hand drawn animations I've ever seen for a GBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom