• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Wow, the internets for losers I guess.

I don’t even know why I bother anymore, since everyone wants to completely deny reality, science, logic and evolution for some innate sense of inadequacy they must obsessively attempt and compensate only to drastically accentuate and highlight such ineptitude’s that they become glaringly apparent and obnoxiously obvious. Thanks for only managing to largely contribute to en masse, the level of public indeceny in the world, by being utterly repulsive and repugnant. Just one of the many who contribute relatively little to humanity but indeptitude, futility and bleakness by tirelessly proving how insistent and senseless their whole existences prove to be.
I can't believe you went off-topic in a social thread

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow, fastest ignore in the west.

Got enough bruh moment for the day.

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob: "Just ignore him folks"
Also Shroob: "Lmao look at this ****ing loser"
Hey, I didn't say ignore him, that was Aurane Aurane

I'm getting a kick out him being weird as **** because this ENTIRE week's been weird for me, it's just piling up like wild. :mybodyisreggie:

Okay but seriously Boards promote a couple more to staff ffs

D

Deleted member

I see people freaking out and I'm just sitting over here like "What the **** did I miss? It's 3AM for goodness sake."

Anyways I'm gonna go watch a streamer I like play some games and shiz at said time.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Patience is a virtue.

Quit antagonizing the opposition too, you already voiced your concern on the subject on multiple fronts, and it was being handled. You should listen to your fellow users, baiting like this only leads to stirring more problems AND get you in trouble as well.

Shroob

Sup?
Patience is a virtue.

Quit antagonizing the opposition too, you already voiced your concern on the subject on multiple fronts, and it was being handled. You should listen to your fellow users, baiting like this only leads to stirring more problems AND get you in trouble as well.
Listen to my fellow users? The last time that happened I wound up in bat country.

But thank you for taking care of the situation.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Askin' too many questions.

That's a paddlin'.
Just realized what I asked lmao

I was asking because they were watching for almost a half hour. If they could do something, why did it take so long? More curiosity than anything.

I don't need an answer.
Make me a mod.

What could pawsibly go wrong?
They made Pokechu Pokechu a mod, so I'm sure you'll be fine. :drsad:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Just realized what I asked lmao

I was asking because they were watching for almost a half hour. If they could do something, why did it take so long? More curiosity than anything.

I don't need an answer.

They made Pokechu Pokechu a mod, so I'm sure you'll be fine. :drsad:
Damn, that shade's worth TWO paddlin's.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mods online: 0

Good luck with that.

Gee it's almost like we need users who are active at night to be promoted or something.
My apologies for not handling it as quickly as you (or I) would have liked, though as a word of advice, you didn't have to keep responding to them/bringing attention to how long it took. The report/reminding people to ignore who or whatever is being problemematic is usually enough. Making it a bigger mess/situation worse doesn't get it done quicker unfortunately.

Pointing and clicking "warn/ban/remove ****ery" isn't usually as easy as it's made out to be. Particularly when one is already in the middle of handling other stuff already.

I don't personally mind the criticism (we could in fact use the extra eyes), but it just comes off as annoying to me on a peer to peer level. AEMehr otherwise summed up my thoughts perfectly.

I don't need an answer.
Mods that aren't showing up online (set their preferences to "appear invisible"), as well as ones that might not even have power in this section will still let those of us that do have jurisdiction here know (I got pinged on Discord, asked someone for all the details, and made the call/handled it as soon as I could, which was about 20 minutes after the initial report).

It's reasonable to question things/be concerned if you don't see everything going on, and I would encourage users to send PMs to staff or comment in the Help from a Smashboards Mod section if they have further questions/feedback. Transparency is something we're trying to work on (myself especially). :213:

Shroob

Sup?
My apologies for not handling it as quickly as you (or I) would have liked, though as a word of advice, you didn't have to keep responding to them/bringing attention to how long it took. The report/reminding people to ignore who or whatever is being problemematic is usually enough. Making it a bigger mess/situation worse doesn't get it done quicker unfortunately.

Pointing and clicking "warn/ban/remove ****ery" isn't usually as easy as it's made out to be. Particularly when one is already in the middle of handling other stuff already.

I don't personally mind the criticism (we could in fact use the extra eyes), but it just comes off as annoying to me on a peer to peer level. AEMehr otherwise summed up my thoughts perfectly.

Mods that aren't showing up online (set their preferences to "appear invisible"), as well as ones that might not even have power in this section will still let those of us that do have jurisdiction here know (I got pinged on Discord, asked someone for all the details, and made the call/handled it as soon as I could, which was about 20 minutes after the initial report).

It's reasonable to question things/be concerned if you don't see everything going on, and I would encourage users to send PMs to staff or comment in the Help from a Smashboards Mod section if they have further questions/feedback. Transparency is something we're trying to work on (myself especially). :213:
I mean, forgive my boorishness but when you see 0 mods online, as someone who was wrapped up in, THAT, against his will and had to sink my hands into some rather icky pools to stop THAT from getting even worse, it's always disheartening to not see problematic issues stomped out asap to prevent another situation like that from happening again.

I admit I didn't handle the current situation well but, tbh this week's been ****ing wild for me, I kinda was just distressing, totally my b.:mybodyisreggie:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Make me a mod.

What could pawsibly go wrong?
Pretty sure we're looking for more Staff members, or at the very least we're shifting things around. Character mods are always needed, and I know that there is no one currently assigned to the General Social or Gaming boards.

That said, I think the main criteria, aside from being level headed & active in the given board, is to try and bring activity to the given board.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pretty sure we're looking for more Staff members, or at the very least we're shifting things around. Character mods are always needed, and I know that there is no one currently assigned to the General Social or Gaming boards.

That said, I think the main criteria, aside from being level headed & active in the given board, is to try and bring activity to the given board.
If you have a list of what boards need a moderator, I might be interested.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know how in Shadow Dragon / Gaiden / Geneology / Awakening world FE games dragons that are exceptionally old or powerful eventually lose their minds and become violent?

The demonic beasts kind of make me think of that. They're all classified as dragon units, after all. It makes me wonder if something similar exists in TH world and was starting to happen to Rhea, and that's why she did the experiment she did on baby Byleth. She is pretty crazy.

..Or maybe she's just crazy without any draconic age-related illness being involved. It's hard to say.

D

Deleted member

Instagram is a social media app that allows users to share photos and videos from their lives, add captions, edit filters, tweak settings, engage with others, explore and creep, and so, so much more — you just have to know what you're doing so you don't get overwhelmed!”

Gossip magazines (sometimes referred to as tabloid magazines) are magazines that feature scandalous stories about the personal lives of celebrities and other well-known individuals.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossip_magazine

You know, but I’m not even going to bother since logic, rationality, and has all prevorbially out the window (along with reality)

But, if you’re going to largely and drastically question a persons sense of reality with out much validation or due diligence and fair critiques; then it falls under this little concept and social phenomomen called “gaslighting”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

You might also be interested in such startling and novel ideas such as, “tyranny”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_(disambiguation)
Maybe if you didn't talk like a robot without emotion while also spitting out random information people might actually take you seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe if you didn't talk like a robot without emotion while also spitting out random information people might actually take you seriously.
Shhh, we're not supposed to acknow--

I MEAN HELLO NEW FRIEND I HAVEN'T SEEN YA AROUND THESE PARTS WHAT I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT ANYTHING PRIOR, NO SIREE BOB!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Speaking of Three Houses, I've been enjoying it very much.

I'm halfway through my first playthrough, which had me select the Golden Deer house.
I find all of the characters really likable. Except maybe Ignatz, only because I see too much of myself in him at times haha.

Really hard to nail a favorite, but I find myself really enjoying Lorenz, Hilda, and Leonie's character interactions a lot.

D

Deleted member

Shhh, we're not supposed to acknow--

I MEAN HELLO NEW FRIEND I HAVEN'T SEEN YA AROUND THESE PARTS WHAT I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT ANYTHING PRIOR, NO SIREE BOB!
HELLO THERE FELLOW SHROOB.

IT IS I, KOKONOE, SOMEONE WHO POPS IN EVERY BLUE MOON.

I SEE NES DEATH IN YOUR AVATAR. I TOO AM A CASTLEVANIA FAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom