• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait hold up, I thought you hated Disney with a passion

Why are you happy about this, exactly?

It better not be to solely troll the purists
The fact that these movies are doing so well that Disney will keep making them and their so bad that it will eventually kill the trust in their brand and they’ll die before I even have to do anything.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The fact that these movies are doing so well that Disney will keep making them and their so bad that it will eventually kill the trust in their brand and they’ll die before I even have to do anything.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't really make any sense

If anything, the amount of money they're making, is further cementing the trust that the general public has with the Disney brand.

They ain't dying anytime soon

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Were you like, planning to set off a nuclear bomb in the Disney Animation Studio? /s

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point I've pretty much lost interest in Disney's movies since they just repeat the same formula given their name branded alone is enough to make them the money they need. Feels like for that reason they don't bother to even do anything new with their animated films and just recycles the same tropes for every movie now. One of the reasons why I didn't find Coco that great despite being visually impressive.

Since moved onto other animated films like Laika. I'm even losing interest in the MCU with the only two I'm looking forward to being Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3 especially after how underwhelming Endgame was IMO and given the whole Disney-Sony fiasco going on don't know what Spider-Man's outcome will be...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hmmm.....

There is a likely chance that the MK movie in 2021 will introduce a new character

That new character would be a prime candidate for MK11 DLC in Kombat Pack 2.

Hollywood has gone “SJW” and there is a likelihood that the new character could be trans.

MK11 could get a new trans character added to its roster.

I love rabbit holes.

Now this. Puts a smile on my face.
According to datamining too there's suppose to be 19 DLC fighters including those that were already datamined and revealed. So we should be actually getting 3 Kombat Packs perhaps even an separate bonus character since 3 rounds up to 6 equalling 18.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Welp, summer's over. Thank you guys for putting up with me for the past month, i'm gonna try to keep being active during the school year so yeah.
Good riddance.

...In all seriousness though, you're a cool guy. You just take all the time you need to make sure your studies and social life go well.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
At this point I've pretty much lost interest in Disney's movies since they just repeat the same formula given their name branded alone is enough to make them the money they need. Feels like for that reason they don't bother to even do anything new with their animated films and just recycles the same tropes for every movie now. One of the reasons why I didn't find Coco that great despite being visually impressive.

Since moved onto other animated films like Laika. I'm even losing interest in the MCU with the only two I'm looking forward to being Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3 especially after how underwhelming Endgame was IMO and given the whole Disney-Sony fiasco going on don't know what Spider-Man's outcome will be...
Agreed--I see their success as the obvious return on the investment in just buying big franchises, rather than making new, original IP (which, granted, is not solely a Disney issue). Sure, they're competent enough to not squander the potential, but in terms of quality, I've found Disney owned franchises settling for mediocrity, rather than taking risks that may lead to something great. It's why Infinity War was special, it felt like a slight exception to that. I see Disney having nearly half of the top 10 top grossing films a bad sign for the movie industry--lack of originality, diversity--rather than a good sign of their creative success.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man, I can't understand Disney's popularity. Can you believe there are entire fandoms dedicated to speculating and discussing upcoming movies? Can't they all see that Disney is just a big money-grubbing corporation that bases a large portion of its success off of inoffensive family entertainment and nostalgia pandering? What a bunch of brainwashed sheeple those Disney fans are.

So anyway, who wants to talk about our favorite Nintendo brand crossover party/fighting game, Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch™ ? I sure do love that game, a lot of the characters in it are a huge part of my childhood.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Agreed--I see their success as the obvious return on the investment in just buying big franchises, rather than making new, original IP (which, granted, is not solely a Disney issue). Sure, they're competent enough to not squander the potential, but in terms of quality, I've found Disney owned franchises settling for mediocrity, rather than taking risks that may lead to something great. It's why Infinity War was special, it felt like a slight exception to that. I see Disney having nearly half of the top 10 top grossing films a bad sign for the movie industry--lack of originality, diversity--rather than a good sign of their creative success.
That black Scandinavian character shown in Frozen 2. SototesnotthetwistvillainamIriteorwut?

That's how predictable they've become. Sad really...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I want a P5 mod that replaces Morgana's voice lines with Gordon Ramsey's.

Ryuji: misses
Morgana: "Useless ****ing pieces of ****!"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man, I can't understand Disney's popularity. Can you believe there are entire fandoms dedicated to speculating and discussing upcoming movies? Can't they all see that Disney is just a big money-grubbing corporation that bases a large portion of its success off of inoffensive family entertainment and nostalgia pandering? What a bunch of brainwashed sheeple those Disney fans are.

So anyway, who wants to talk about our favorite Nintendo brand crossover party/fighting game, Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch™ ? I sure do love that game, a lot of the characters in it are a huge part of my childhood.
Im sorry, Im to busy gushing over Dragon Quest XI S: Echos of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition™

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That black Scandinavian character shown in Frozen 2. SototesnotthetwistvillainamIriteorwut?

That's how predictable they've become. Sad really...
For the sake of having a real suprise villain, it'd be cool if someone like Anna gets possessed by some dark magic off-screen, reveals her villainy close to the end, and battles her sister with powers of her own. We'd be expecting one of the new characters to he the villain, but it would actually be the main character from the first film.

But Disney can't do that. Instead, the brand new, super friendly dude will do a 180 and shock no one in the crowd when he reveals his evil intentions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For the sake of having a real suprise villain, it'd be cool if someone like Anna gets possessed by some dark magic off-screen, reveals her villainy close to the end, and battles her sister with powers of her own. We'd be expecting one of the new characters to he the villain, but it would actually be the main character from the first film.

But Disney can't do that. Instead, the brand new, super friendly dude will do a 180 and shock no one in the crowd when he reveals his evil intentions.
Nailed it. Couldn't say it any better. Can't have any unique creativity either.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, in a week, my family and I are going to Whistler, Canada. Just wanted to let you all know.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What is that even supposed to mean?!
Make movies that touch people’s childhoods and force Disney out of the marketplace. Attracting employees away from their company with idillic working environments. And getting to the point where they have to start selling stuff off to break even until their empire has crumbled to dust.
According to datamining too there's suppose to be 19 DLC fighters including those that were already datamined and revealed. So we should be actually getting 3 Kombat Packs perhaps even an separate bonus character since 3 rounds up to 6 equalling 18.
Dun dun duuuuuuun!

That’s cool. Hopefully my dream scenario will come true.

So, what 5 other guest characters do you think they’ll do?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nice. I really hope you have fun.

I myself just came back from Niagara Falls visiting my mom. Something I'll be doing every year since last year. :)
Thanks! I am sure I will have fun. Might watch the Direct there if it happens the week I am there.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY!!!!!

WALT DISNEY!

VS!

SHIGERU MIYAMOTOOOOOOOOOOO!

BEGIN!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dun dun duuuuuuun!

That’s cool. Hopefully my dream scenario will come true.

So, what 5 other guest characters do you think they’ll do?
Lot of runner ups tbh.

Candyman: To promote movie next year
Doom Slayer: Due to being teased by Ed Boon and resurgence in popularity
Michael Myers: To promote Halloween Kills
Rambo: To promote Rambo: Last Blood
Pennywise: To promote It: Chapter Two

As for Mortal Kombat characters perhaps said original MK character that'll be in the new 2021 movie. I could also see Takeda and Mileena (Given her fanbase) too. Still pulling for Reptile. I don't think Shang Tsung's ninja shapeshifting deconfirms him and the other ninjas given he also turns into Scorpion and Sub-Zero as well.

Pipe dreams of mine would be Guts and Raiden (Metal Gear). Those two would be sick.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Hey guys, in a week, my family and I are going to Whistler, Canada. Just wanted to let you all know.
That's cool, I've always wanted to visit Canada. More-so since meeting my closest friend who lives there.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What shows from Disney+ are you guys interested in watching?
They likely won't have So Weird, which makes me sad.

*psst* People also like your shows before Lizzie McGuire, Disney... back when you were cool with being dark and having mature themes.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wizzy just got eliminated from Shine in a reverse 3-0 against Marss.

I am big sad.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wizzy just got eliminated from Shine in a reverse 3-0 against Marss.

I am big sad.
Same. Wizzy had an amazing run, with his last 4 sets all being some of the hypest matches I've seen since this patch (only ones to be on the same level being Nairo vs Tweek and Leo vs ESAM).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lot of runner ups tbh.

Candyman: To promote movie next year
Doom Slayer: Due to being teased by Ed Boon and resurgence in popularity
Michael Myers: To promote Halloween Kills
Rambo: To promote Rambo: Last Blood
Pennywise: To promote It: Chapter Two

As for Mortal Kombat characters perhaps said original MK character that'll be in the new 2021 movie. I could also see Takeda and Mileena (Given her fanbase) too. Still pulling for Reptile. I don't think Shang Tsung's ninja shapeshifting deconfirms him and the other ninjas given he also turns into Scorpion and Sub-Zero as well.

Pipe dreams of mine would be Guts and Raiden (Metal Gear). Those two would be sick.
I would believe in Pennywise if Joker wasn’t already on the roster. I know their gameplay wouldn’t be similar at all, but they still have a similar aesthetic.

Rambo is something i’ve Never heard of before. But does make a lot of sense.

I really want Guts too. Is there any information on how the creators/owners would feel about it? (I know iMK is not available in Japan, but I’m talking about other factors).

Also, the trailer with DoomSlayer and Ash should feature a chainsaw sound off screen, The Slayer walks up brandishing his, then ash walks up and revs his. He says “groovy” and the two run at each other.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I want a P5 mod that replaces Morgana's voice lines with Gordon Ramsey's.

Ryuji: misses
Morgana: "Useless ****ing pieces of ****!"
If he doesn’t say “WHERE’S THE LAMB SAUCE?!” At least once I’ll be disappointed

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I do find some of the Disney bashing that goes on here a little ironic considering that two of Nintendo's biggest mascots (:ultmario::ultyounglink:) take clear inspiration from major Disney properties. Nintendo wants to be the Disney of video games they know it.

Okay granted Disney is way bigger then Nintendo is and that gives them a lot more room for corruption within the company, and I agree with a lot of the company's big criticisms (such as screwing with copyright laws and having an effective monopoly over a huge chunk of the entertainment industry). But I also think some people here are a little unfair to them and aren't really looking at their movies through a critical lenses. There's way more to a movie then if it just "vaguely follows a general formula" or "has a poorly written twist villain".

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Same. Wizzy had an amazing run, with his last 4 sets all being some of the hypest matches I've seen since this patch (only ones to be on the same level being Nairo vs Tweek and Leo vs ESAM).
Dark Wizzy is one of my favorite Ultimate players. He inspires me to continue using Mario. Fun player, cool dude. Glad to see him slay at Shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom