• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But I also think some people here are a little unfair to them and aren't really looking at their movies through a critical lenses. There's way more to a movie then if it just "vaguely follows a general formula" or "has a poorly written twist villain".
Well I'm sorry if Disney/Pixar can't do new approaches and be more creative for once and not keep reusing their same formula and tropes (Pre-Climax argument and twist villain) for a new movie to the point I can predict the movies every move.

Disney/Pixar movies has just became predictable I can't enjoy them knowing what's gonna happen.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kung Fu Dragon. Now they're just stealing from Dreamworks. :chuckle:
No no, it’s about a girl who tries to find the last living dragon in a fantasy world full of king fu magic.

Well I'm sorry if Disney/Pixar can't do new approaches and be more creative for once and not keep reusing their same formula and tropes (Pre-Climax argument and twist villain) for a new movie to the point I can predict the movies every move.

Disney/Pixar movies has just became predictable I can't enjoy them knowing what's gonna happen.
You must hate 87% of movies then because that’s a very common storytelling practice.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
One of Disney’s next movies is about Kung fu and dragons

This pleases me
Oh yeah, Raya and the Last Dragon looks like a winner for sure.

Nice to see Disney Animation finally doing another original film after releasing two sequels, back-to-back.

It'll have been 4 years since their previous ones in both Zootopia and Moana in 2016

Cannot wait

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kung Fu Dragon. Now they're just stealing from Dreamworks. :chuckle:
I mean to be fair though DC and Marvel have been stealing from each other for years. No one bats an eye.

No no, it’s about a girl who tries to find the last living dragon in a fantasy world full of king fu magic.

You must hate 87% of movies then because that’s a very common storytelling practice.
I'm well aware. I'm just asking Disney for once to use different tropes that other movies does and not rely on the same ones.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm well aware and know every form of fiction has tropes (Only ones I have a problem are overused ones). I'm just asking Disney for once to use different tropes that other movies does and not rely on the same ones but obviously given their popularity and brand they're just too lazy to that their name alone draws them the money they need.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One thing I'm notably worried about Godzilla vs. Kong is they're gonna copy Batman vs. Superman/Civil War with a team up against a bigger bad. Please don't...I want the movie to be about their fight. Save a team up for future movie if the MonsterVerse continues...Doing this will just demean the title and point of this film.

This is why we can't get new, original things in movies because audiences are too attained and don't want the heroes killing each other or winning against the other.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean to be fair though DC and Marvel have been stealing from each other for years. No one bats an eye.
Yeah, I just prefer the Shrek approach of satirizing their competition (that they had a falling out with) by ****ing with public domain versions of their IP and calling them a ruthless dictatorship. Ah, good times.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Yeah, I just prefer the Shrek approach of satirizing their competition (that they had a falling out with) by ****ing with public domain versions of their IP and calling them a ruthless dictatorship. Ah, good times.
Wait..what?

D

Deleted member

I do find some of the Disney bashing that goes on here a little ironic considering that two of Nintendo's biggest mascots (:ultmario::ultyounglink:) take clear inspiration from major Disney properties. Nintendo wants to be the Disney of video games they know it.

Okay granted Disney is way bigger then Nintendo is and that gives them a lot more room for corruption within the company, and I agree with a lot of the company's big criticisms (such as screwing with copyright laws and having an effective monopoly over a huge chunk of the entertainment industry). But I also think some people here are a little unfair to them and aren't really looking at their movies through a critical lenses. There's way more to a movie then if it just "vaguely follows a general formula" or "has a poorly written twist villain".
I would say that Disney current status is mostly the result of the other companies failures. A lot of the issues in the entertainment industry is their lateness to catch up on trends and when they do, they do it poorly.

MCU success never hampered other Cinematic Universes, but rather the other companies failing to understand that projects like these need to have structure and someone competent leading them.

Its insane to think that characters like Black Panther or Captain Marvel are billion dollar franchises themselves and thats more on Marvel creating a brand with their sucesses, compare to DC where its sad that just now they are starting to get their heroes to sucess stories (apart from Batman).

Even when Disney uses a lot of cliches a lot of their movies tend to still be great like Coco, Tangled or Wreck it Ralph where the formulaic elements were executed greatly.

I don't think Disney is bad for the industry, but rather the slow response to their current successes are whats hurting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One way Godzilla vs. Kong could end with a winner but without one not dying is bows to the other as the Alpha. That, or they become co-Alphas, managing the Titans together as equals.

I'd be fine with that otherwise I'm saying the other has to die (Kong most likely given past incarnations and tragedy of his character).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
One way Godzilla vs. Kong could end with a winner but without one not dying is bows to the other as the Alpha. That, or they become co-Alphas, managing the Titans together as equals.

I'd be fine with that otherwise I'm saying the other has to die (Kong most likely given past incarnations and tragedy of his character).
Don't say that! You might spoil the potential ending unintentionally to all of us! :troll:

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait..what?
Shrek was pretty much supposed to be a not so subtle jab at Disney with all of the public domain fairytale characters, the villain looking a whole lot like then Disney president, Michael Eisner, said villain's kingdom being a whole lot like the Disney parks, and the very unDisney message and tone.

Dreamworks co-founder Jefferey Katzenberg used to work at Disney, then had a feud that caused him to leave and create his own film studio. He definitely let out some steam when it came to Shrek

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Shrek was pretty much suposed to be a not so subtle jab at disney with all of the public domain fairytale characters, the villian looking a whole lot like then Disney president, Michael Eisner, and said villian's kingdom being a whole lot like the Disney parks.

Dreamworks co-founder Jefferey Katzenberg used to work at Disney, then had a feud that caused him to leave and create his own animation studio
That makes alot of sense actually, lol. I don't know how I didn't notice that.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
YO SAMSORA UP 2-1 C'MON SAM GET THIS WINNERS FINAL

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait..what?
The story I read was that Katzenberg had a falling out with Disney's head and went to Dreamworks. The obvious example is of Farquaad (i.e., **** wad) and his ruling of the Disney-esque Duloc. And there's a heavy use of public domain characters that Disney used, and twisting them in someway (e.g., throwing the little mermaid to the sharks). It's been forever since I read those articles, so I'd have to fact check to be sure.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shrek was pretty much supposed to be a not so subtle jab at Disney with all of the public domain fairytale characters, the villian looking a whole lot like then Disney president, Michael Eisner, said villain's kingdom being a whole lot like the Disney parks, and the very unDisney message and tone.

Dreamworks co-founder Jefferey Katzenberg used to work at Disney, then had a feud that caused him to leave and create his own animation studio. He definitely let out some steam when it came to Shrek
I will only accept a live action Shrek remake if they spend the whole movie ****ting on Disney remakes

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
EY LET'S ****ING GO SAMSORA

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I will only accept a live action Shrek remake of they spend the whole movie ****ting on Disney remakes
No even better.

Shrek 5 ****ing on the live-action Disney remakes. I'd rather another sequel then DreamWorks getting the same idea to live-action their animated films from Disney.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
The story I read was that Katzenberg had a falling out with Disney's head and went to Dreamworks. The obvious example is of Farquaad (i.e., **** wad) and his ruling of the Disney-esque Duloc. And there's a heavy use of public domain characters that Disney used, and twisting them in someway (e.g., throwing the little mermaid to the sharks). It's been forever since I read those articles, so I'd have to fact check to be sure.
I prefer the Shrek versions of fairytale characters anyway tbh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
YO SAMSORA UP 2-1 C'MON SAM GET THIS WINNERS FINAL
YOOOO

Samsora had Leo downloaded that match. That spike meant nothing to Samsora.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

What do you think of this roster?
Playable Characters
  1. Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
  2. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
  3. Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
  4. Chucky (Child’s Play)
  5. Micheal Myers (Halloween)
  6. Ghostface (Scream)
  7. Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
  8. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
  9. Candyman
  10. Herbert West (Re-Animator)
  11. Pumpkinhead
  12. Matt Cordell (Maniac Cop)
  13. Tall Man (Phantasm)
  14. The Pig (Saw)
  15. Dracula
  16. Frankenstein’s Monster
  17. Imhotep (The Mummy)
  18. Larry Talbot (The Wolf Man)
  19. Gill-man (Creature from the Black Lagoon)
  20. Alien
  21. Predator
  22. Slenderman
  23. Jack Torrance (The Shining)
  24. Carrie White
  25. Pennywise (It)
DLC
  1. Demogorgon (Stranger Things, Pre-Order Bonus)
  2. Shaun (Shaun of the Dead)
  3. Cassie Hack (Hack/Slash)
  4. Ghoul (Night of the Living Dead)
  5. Norman Bates (Psycho)
  6. Sadako Yamamura (The Ring)
  7. Leprechaun
  8. The Thing
  9. Jennifer Check (Jennifer’s Body)
  10. Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
  11. Nemesis T-Type (Resident Evil)
  12. Pyramidhead (Silent Hill)
  13. Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy’s)
Pazuzu from The Exorcist would be an unplayable boss.

No even better.

Shrek 5 ****ing on the live-action Disney remakes. I'd rather another sequel then DreamWorks getting the same idea to live-action their animated films from Disney.
That. Is. BRILLIANT! Someone get this man a contract!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The restaurant, right? I love Chili's too. I like the chili and chili burger they have there.
Me too, haven't been able to go in a while though. Last restaurant I went to was Red Robin's. Thinking about those places makes me really hungry.
My favorite meal to get there is the grilled chicken fajita. I also enjoy their big mouth bite cheeseburgers and quesadillas.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
No even better.

I wish, though I feel like Dreamworks has lost its edge. I dunno, I haven't seen their recent movies, so I could be wrong... I've just read a lot of how things took a turn around Shrek 3--rather than satirizing, they started to become what they were satirizing. It feels like there's a void in that area. Deadpool was the superhero example, but even that may be changed by Disney. Would just be nice to have that kind of large-scale counterbalance.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Playable Characters
  4. Chucky (Child’s Play)
  6. Ghostface (Scream)
  8. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
  9. Candyman
  11. Pumpkinhead
  13. Tall Man (Phantasm)
  14. The Pig (Saw)
  15. Dracula
  17. Imhotep (The Mummy)
  20. Alien
  21. Predator
  22. Slenderman
  24. Carrie White
  25. Pennywise (It)
DLC
  5. Norman Bates (Psycho)
  7. Leprechaun
  8. The Thing

That. Is. BRILLIANT! Someone get this man a contract!
I see you have some awareness of Dead by Daylight judging by your naming of The Pig. A woman of culture.

Anyway, I only disagree with Springtrap. Imo I would replace them with Gordon Freeman since Half-Life has horror elements. That's just me tho.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Demogorgon as a pre-order bonus is genius btw.

Also also Swamp Thing would fit in an NRS horror fighter.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see you have some awareness of Dead by Daylight judging by your naming of The Pig. A woman of culture.

Anyway, I only disagree with Springtrap. Imo I would replace them with Gordon Freeman since Half-Life has horror elements. That's just me tho.
I'm just a huge FNaF fan. Different jerks for different jerks.....

I hope you all appreciate that pun considering I'll probably get an infraction for it.
Demogorgon as a pre-order bonus is genius btw.

Also also Swamp Thing would fit in an NRS horror fighter.
Oh. My god. I LOVE it!

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Playable Characters
  4. Chucky (Child’s Play)
  6. Ghostface (Scream)
  8. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
  9. Candyman
  11. Pumpkinhead
  13. Tall Man (Phantasm)
  14. The Pig (Saw)
  15. Dracula
  17. Imhotep (The Mummy)
  20. Alien
  21. Predator
  22. Slenderman
  24. Carrie White
  25. Pennywise (It)
DLC
  5. Norman Bates (Psycho)
  7. Leprechaun
  8. The Thing
I would add The Nun, either Donnie or Frank from Donnie Darko, and Darth Maul from Insidious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom