• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Forgot to mention it has stuff new fans and modern audiences would appreciate too, but all in all I appreciated the movie. c:

D

Deleted member

I mean, why else would her armor be so bulky and masculine.
It's armor. It's meant to be bulky. Sure some people go at it with chain mail or just without protection in general, but Samus is a bounty hunter who fights extraterrestrial monsters at every turn. You think she's not going to want the extra bulk for extra protection.

Something tells me you've never seen military uniform or gave a thought about combat. Let me tell you as a friend of a badass woman in the Navy, you don't need to show off how much of a woman you are in your uniform when you're fighting and training for dear life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spam Warning
It's armor. It's meant to be bulky. Sure some people go at it with chain mail or just without protection in general, but Samus is a bounty hunter who fights extraterrestrial monsters at every turn. You think she's not going to want the extra bulk for extra protection.

Something tells me you've never seen military uniform or gave a thought about combat. Let me tell you as a friend of a badass woman in the Navy, you don't need to show off how much of a woman you are in your uniform when you're fighting and training for dear life.
*rolls eyes*

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Honestly I think most would just be happy with a HD version of GX with Online. Ask SEGA for help again or something. 30 player online is really the only hook you need IMO (granted I'm a random internet commentator who knows next to nothing about game development).
Just imagine F-Zero GX online.
  • Blue Falcons everywhere.
  • Lag everywhere.
  • Almost everyone falls off the track immediately and keep falling off.
  • Some players are more interested in attacking other machines than in actually racing.
It would be chaos, it would be fun.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Smash Fandom: We have nothing to talk about
- Hero and Banjo are revealed -
Smash Fandom (a day later): We have nothing to talk about
- Hero is released -
Smash Fandom (a day later): We have nothing to talk about (but could we ban hero lol)
- Banjo's about to be released and 2 other fighters to be revealed -
Smash Fandom: We have nothing to talk about

:awesome:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you are trying to convince someone, completely dismissing their comments isn't helping.

Nope.
Ok then.

I disagree because it’s fiction. It’s meant to be unrealistic. And as I have stated a number of times before, with the amount of work i’d have to put in to get a body like that, there is no way I would ever hide it. Especially if I also had two strains of alien dna coursing through my veins.

I just prefer feminine designs over masculine ones. And I understand if you disagree, but 9/10 androgynous designs look masculine. If i’m controlling a character in a game, I want them to look female, and obviously so. I don’t care what’s “progressive”. I spent 18 years of my life pretending to be a boy, I don’t like it, and I want to stay as far away from it as possible. And I believe biological women should celebrate the bodies they were blessed with instead of hiding them because they’re lucky enough to actually have one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I disagree because it’s fiction. It’s meant to be unrealistic. And as I have stated a number of times before, with the amount of work i’d have to put in to get a body like that, there is no way I would ever hide it. Especially if I also had two strains of alien dna coursing through my veins.

I just prefer feminine designs over masculine ones. And I understand if you disagree, but 9/10 androgynous designs look masculine. If i’m controlling a character in a game, I want them to look female, and obviously so. I don’t care what’s “progressive”. I spent 18 years of my life pretending to be a boy, I don’t like it, and I want to stay as far away from it as possible. And I believe biological women should celebrate the bodies they were blessed with instead of hiding them because they’re lucky enough to actually have one.
Samus still ain’t ashamed of her body :nifty:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I should really join a discord or something but I'm not sure if I want to get into all that stuff

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Samus still ain’t ashamed of her body :nifty:
Then why does she hide it? Like, look at Pepper’s armor in Endgame. Her armor could look like that and still have all the same functionality and serve all the same purposes. But her armor (pre OM) has an almost intentionally masculine design. Why is that?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll just repeat what I said last time.

Samus wears metallic armor. Princess Peach wears a frilly pink dress. Both dress very differently, but they dress in a way that suits their personality. Samus doesn't need to wear skinny armor colored pink and red, nor does she need to do anything to make her seem more feminine like Peach. She's always been a rough bounty hunter out for a kill, and it'd be admittedly out of character for her to display any interest in her appearance while she's out on a mission.

Now can we please move on from this? It's going nowhere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok then.

This is completely unrelated to how Samus feels about her body, which was the point of my post. If you can't stay on topic, don't expect me to follow and pity you. You're clearly not in this for reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Then why does she hide it? Like, look at Pepper’s armor in Endgame. Her armor could look like that and still have all the same functionality and serve all the same purposes. But her armor (pre OM) has an almost intentionally masculine design. Why is that?
Presumably because she doesn't care.

She's going to wear that armor when she's fighting because it's what gets that job done, then she's going to dress however she wants when she's off the job or rather whenever you get a fast enough completion time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
All I know is if Banjo's broken, he's safe and some guy named Joe will be barred from competitive Smash instead.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I've tried out a few minutes of pure meditation just as an attempt put my mind & thoughts at ease, I think i going to practice this more on my free time after-school.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
this isn't really related or anything but pepper didn't design her armor in endgame, tony did. So it's not really saying anything about her body image, I guess.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fine.

Maybe I should leave. Not like y’all care anyway. I’m a problematic person and the world would be better without me.
Don’t start that.

You said something weird, people commented on it. That’s how it works. Learn from the experience and move on. No need for suicidal thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom