• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
holy ****, wasnt expecting this

Also is this dudes name Erik or Poto because Im seeing those two and have no idea whats what
it might be both - erik for the casual/non-metaverse look, poto for the thief codename

in phantom of the opera, the phantom's personality is split between erik and the phantom (POTO here probably being 'phantom of the opera')

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
it might be both - erik for the casual/non-metaverse look, poto for the thief codename

in phantom of the opera, the phantom's personality is split between erik and the phantom (POTO here probably being 'phantom of the opera')
Oh yeah that makes sense. Yo two Eriks, DQXI Erik and P5R Erik, ****s wild

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what if it was never kasumi and they haven't released jane yet cause this guy wasn't revealed
ahem good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first stop of the erik express

kasumi? never heard of her

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also what the hell is up with the talk about incel glasses?

Let's see... who do I hate?... Well...

I hate Tom...
I hate ****...
And I hate Larry

CONFOUND THOSE DOVER BOYS!
OH HOW I HATE THEM!
A roundabout?

I’LL STEAL IT!

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!
You guys are the best.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Back

So where's my two minutes of hate at? :yoshi:
I hate that you made the hate list and are still asking for more hate. It's greedy when there's plenty of hate to spread around.

Disclaimer: This post is heavily ironic and don't actually spread hate, that would make me hate you

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This whole Metroid and SJW thing is really confusing.

Only time I saw the two concepts crossed over I've seen is when one person (Not naming names) misunderstood a comment of Samus having masculine qualities to mean she was transexual and then spent months changing Samus's Wikipedia page to say so and calling anyone who tried to correct the misunderstanding transphobic.

No idea what that has to do with Metroid Prime 4.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Only time I saw the two concepts crossed over I've seen is when one person (Not naming names) misunderstood a comment of Samus having masculine qualities to mean she was transexual and then spent months changing Samus's Wikipedia page to say so and calling anyone who tried to correct the misunderstanding transphobic.

I don't ever remember fans blaming SJWs for Metroid Prime 4's delay. Seemed like almost everyone agreed that Nintendo stepped in because it wasn't shaping up to be the quality game that they wanted.

Regardless, we're talking about a very VERY small group of people and a game that's probably still stuck in early development. Don't see any point in bringing it up aside from purposely looking for something to get upset over.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got back from the convention! I didn't buy anything, but it was cool to see so many cool cosplays and a lot of interesting art/merchandise, and I got to sit in on a Q&A with Zelda's voice actor from Breath of the Wild! (Thankfully, the questions were about more than just Zelda) No top secret info on the Breath of the Wild sequel, though - sorry, everyone.

It was an enjoyable experience, and I'd go again if I got the chance.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Back

So where's my two minutes of hate at? :yoshi:
LOL, imagine having your gaming identity revolve around a silly cartoon reptile. What a loser.

Now if you excuse me, I've got to got some Charizard Nair set ups I need to be labbing out around right now. :006:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't ever remember fans blaming SJWs for Metroid Prime 4's delay. Seemed like almost everyone agreed that Nintendo stepped in because it wasn't shaping up to be the quality game that they wanted.

Regardless, we're talking about a very VERY small group of people and a game that's probably still stuck in early development. Don't see any point in bringing it up aside from purposely looking for something to get upset over.
Yeah, looks like Rage-bait to me from what I can see.

Of things to actually get upset about, at least Metroid has a new game in the works when F-Zero gets nothing but maybes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You fools, this Metroid sjw outrage is distracting us from the real issues.

Vegans are stopping Miyamoto from releasing Pikmin 4.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Wait what.

I mean, we all know Samus is ashamed of her body. But that’s taking it a bit too far.

But whatever. Crazies gonna crazy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, why else would her armor be so bulky and masculine. She thinks people need to see her as male in order to be intimidating.
It’s big and bulky because it’s ****ing powerful bird alien armor made to kill people and protect her body. It’s got nothing to do with anything you said.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know nothing about Metroid, but I would think :ultzss: would disagree.

(I think I may be missing something)
If that something is Metroid Other M then don't worry, the rest of us have been trying to expunge that memory.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

This is the internet after all, even before you could earn money for posting click bait, it wasn't that hard to find complaints about everything. I know it drives discussion here, but it only serves the naysayers purpose to draw attention to their content.

Of things to actually get upset about, at least Metroid has a new game in the works when F-Zero gets nothing but maybes.
This guy gets it. Anyone else remember when we had a F-Zero GX board in the NintenZone? :falconmelee:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, why else would her armor be so bulky and masculine. She thinks people need to see her as male in order to be intimidating.
I remember seeing this discussion before.

And like last time, all I can say is:

What?:bowsermelee:

You don't need to feel uncomfortable in your gender/body to want to look more masculine or imposing, you know that, right?

That and her armor was made by the Chozo, I think they prefer to make it bulky and intimatiding because they know Samus will have to face dangerous lifeform, having a bulky armor help dealing with damages and the likes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean when your job consists of 90% fighting alien creatures that really want you dead I think wearing a bulky-ass power suit is just the most practical decision.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gotta say tho, Metroid is a really cool guy, shame that he and Samus are never in the same room, for some strange reasons...:ultzss::ultsamus:

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I dunno why NASA makes astronauts wear those bulky spacesuits, they shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies.

(Wish images were working so I could show Sally Ride in a space suit, but that suffices)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I headcanon that K Rool went missing for a decade because of several drug related scandals, but I don’t proclaim it as official lore.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is the internet after all, even before you could earn money for posting click bait, it wasn't that hard to find complaints about everything. I know it drives discussion here, but it only serves the naysayers purpose to draw attention to their content.

This guy gets it. Anyone else remember when we had an F-Zero GX board in the NintenZone? :falconmelee:
We had a WHAT board

And I didn’t know about it???

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the most frustrating thing about F-Zero is that the reasons don't hold up.

• No Demand- The Fast Series has been a huge sucess and it's F-Zero meet Ikaruga
  • Too difficult- Dark Souls and the aformentioned Fast series are massive successes
  • No new hook- Why does F-Zero have to do five times the work to get a fifth of Mario's output? IF new hardware is enough of a reason for Mario KArt then what's holding back F-Zero?
  • Forgotten series- Nintendo brought back Punch-Out and Kid Icarus.
Is it just me or do Nintendo just have a hard time saying "We just don't want to, ok?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom