• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I headcanon that K Rool went missing for a decade because of several drug related scandals, but I don’t proclaim it as official lore.
If only there was a drug that I could put K in front of to lend credence to this obviously true fact.

Kaffeine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I did buy one game from the convention: the GBA game Wade Hixton's Counter Punch. They were selling for much less than eBay.

Punch-Out!! fans will definitely get a kick out of it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s an alien sci fi world. Our laws of practicality don’t apply. There has to be some reason. I chose the one that makes the most sense.
Okay

But that’s still your head canon. As in, not canon. It’s not official, hasn’t been confirmed by anyone who works with Metroid or Nintendo, and has no evidence of being true in the games.

Your allowed to have your headcanons. But they aren’t official lore. Don’t act like they are.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It’s an alien sci fi world. Our laws of practicality don’t apply. There has to be some reason. I chose the one that makes the most sense.
The fact she wears power armor isn't because she's fighting monsters while traversing dangerous uninhabitable environments, but because she's insecure about how others perceive her femininity/masculinity?
Listen I don't think most random bugs and lizards are going to care about the gender of the person who killed them with energy blasts.

How does that make the "most sense"?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What makes the most sense is that it is for protection from other creatures. Just be a bit more open-minded next time, and we can leave it at that. mkay?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The fact she wears power armor isn't because she's fighting monsters while traversing dangerous uninhabitable environments, but because she's insecure about how others perceive her femininity/masculinity?
Listen I don't think most random bugs and lizards are going to care about the gender of the person who killed them with energy blasts.

How does that make the "most sense"?
She’s a bounty hunter. Her typical 9-5 is hunting down whoever she’s payed too. Which I imagine is mostly sentient creatures.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...But Samus is a human, sure, she got Chozo DNA, and later on, Metroid DNA into her, but while she is quit cold, she is still a person like you and me, so I don't see why she would care mrore about her gender & appareances, when the thing she deal for her "job" are 95% dangerous aliens that will kill her no matter what she look, heck, a good bunch of them aren't even sentient enough to care about that! And the few that are sentient enough don't care about Samus gender, they care about the missions she accomplished and the legends about her, I don't see why she be ashame when almost everyone hold her in high regard. (Well, beside Other M Adam, but we don't talk abotu that one)

Brief, this headcanon doesn't make much sense to me, and seem to only made because you can't understand why a human need enough protection to deal with space dragon inside veeeeeeeeeery hot cavern with lava and even acid at time.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think the most frustrating thing about F-Zero is that the reasons don't hold up.

• No Demand- The Fast Series has been a huge sucess and it's F-Zero meet Ikaruga
  • Too difficult- Dark Souls and the aformentioned Fast series are massive successes
  • No new hook- Why does F-Zero have to do five times the work to get a fifth of Mario's output? IF new hardware is enough of a reason for Mario KArt then what's holding back F-Zero?
  • Forgotten series- Nintendo brought back Punch-Out and Kid Icarus.
Is it just me or do Nintendo just have a hard time saying "We just don't want to, ok?"
I think the most obvious answer is that Nintendo just sees it as a risky investment. They've tried bringing back a few forgotten series like Starfy, Punch-Out, KI, etc., and while some have found some moderate success, Nintendo isn't as interested in using them as other more reliable IPs. That's part of the reason why Star Fox and Metroid have been so quiet in the past decade and why Golden Sun still hasn't made a return.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, when I was a kid, Samus looked like a robot, neither a guy nor girl. I feel like all of those back in the day thinking she was a guy was more a reflection of our culture's male-centric biases than anything about the suit.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just saw a cat try to get through a hole in a fence only for another cat to block him. Like a bouncer at a club or something.

What’s on the other side of the fence? Why can’t he enter? What secrets lay there?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, when I was a kid, Samus looked like a robot, neither a guy nor girl. I feel like all of those back in the day thinking she was a guy was more a reflection of our culture's male-centric biases than anything about the suit.
Yeah, Samus armor as always been one of the reason why I love her, I really like her ZSS too (wooow, really?), but the fan of cool armor/robot that I am can't ignore how awesome Samus suit can look at time, especially the Gravity Armor in Samus Return, god, I love what they did here.

That said, gotta go to bed, getting really late here, so, good night everyone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
...But Samus is a human, sure, she got Chozo DNA, and later on, Metroid DNA into her, but while she is quit cold, she is still a person like you and me, so I don't see why she would care mrore about her gender & appareances, when the thing she deal for her "job" are 95% dangerous aliens that will kill her no matter what she look, heck, a good bunch of them aren't even sentient enough to care about that! And the few that are sentient enough don't care about Samus gender, they care about the missions she accomplished and the legends about her, I don't see why she be ashame when almost everyone hold her in high regard. (Well, beside Other M Adam, but we don't talk abotu that one)

Brief, this headcanon doesn't make much sense to me, and seem to only made because you can't understand why a human need enough protection to deal with space dragon inside veeeeeeeeeery hot cavern with lava and even acid at time.
Except protection doesn’t require a masculine design.

Like, look at the bayonetta version. Or Rescue in Endgame. Full coverage and armor, but you can still tell it’s a woman.

I just saw a cat try to get through a hole in a fence only for another cat to block him. Like a bouncer at a club or something.

What’s on the other side of the fence? Why can’t he enter? What secrets lay there?
I’m gonna take a nap. Hopefully I dream up the answer.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
If only there was a drug that I could put K in front of to lend credence to this obviously true fact.

Kaffeine.
Actually, as a result of him stealing an absurd amount of bananas from DK's horde in Donkey Kong Country, he's developed a potassium dependence and has been living in a K. Rackhouse for the past 10 years to fuel his addiction, before Sakurai made arrangements for his time at rehab.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We had a WHAT board

And I didn’t know about it???
Posting from Twitter because the site is on fire again.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Actually, as a result of him stealing an absurd amount of bananas from DK's horde in Donkey Kong Country, he's developed a potassium dependence and has been living in a K. Rackhouse for the past 10 years to fuel his addiction, before Sakurai made arrangements for his time at rehab.
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3. Play through a Donkey and Diddy campaign, or a K. Rool and Krunch campaign.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Like, look at the bayonetta version. Or Rescue in Endgame. Full coverage and armor, but you can still tell it’s a woman.
In some cases it doesn’t matter if the design is masculine or androgynous or hell it might even be better cause it makes it that much harder to identify her considering how likely it is for her to make enemies as a bounty hunter?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Bayo is on a whole other level that Samus when it come to power, that suit is just for show, and ridiculous looking too, which fit Bayo, but not Samus. (also, does that mean you want to see Robot Boobs on Samus???)

Anyway, good night, for real.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I’m gonna take a nap. Hopefully I dream up the answer.
I'm all for you having your own personal headcanon. But... I feel like this insistence on there being a clear delineation between masculine and feminine... suit design... a very bizarre thing to be passionate about. These are all cultural norms that we, humans on Earth, invented, and if a space-faring society is so advanced they have the technology for protective and revealing armor they also are advanced enough to have either never had these cultural biases, or if they're future us, have advanced to the point where these gender norms don't apply.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Conker Mii fighter with chainsaw sword

Or

Minecraft Steve mii fighter with diamond sword

Only one can come with Banjo. Who do you choose?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Conker Mii fighter with chainsaw sword

Or

Minecraft Steve mii fighter with diamond sword

Only one can come with Banjo. Who do you choose?
As an old-school Rare fan, I'd have to go with Conker. As a video game fan, I'd have to go with the one with a chainsaw sword.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think the most frustrating thing about F-Zero is that the reasons don't hold up.

• No Demand- The Fast Series has been a huge sucess and it's F-Zero meet Ikaruga
  • Too difficult- Dark Souls and the aformentioned Fast series are massive successes
  • No new hook- Why does F-Zero have to do five times the work to get a fifth of Mario's output? IF new hardware is enough of a reason for Mario KArt then what's holding back F-Zero?
  • Forgotten series- Nintendo brought back Punch-Out and Kid Icarus.
Is it just me or do Nintendo just have a hard time saying "We just don't want to, ok?"
Honestly I think most would just be happy with a HD version of GX with Online. Ask SEGA for help again or something. 30 player online is really the only hook you need IMO (granted I'm a random internet commentator who knows next to nothing about game development).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom