• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Why are people upset over Fire Mario?
Fire Mario is important and all, but come on.
The Mario Maker alt and the Wedding alt are glorious.
Totally worth cutting Fire Mario in my opinion.
they could have cut any other costume though

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
C0FF5496-AB09-4D13-BEA3-C0B051EBB2C0.jpeg

The reason is probably because they could have cut a Mario alt that is less significant.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the MK Ninja's would have some of the strongest taunts/winposes though. Not gonna lie
trilogy has way more content IMO than the modern game

the modern games have the voices and the gruesome part, but for the slapstick that smash is more oriented towards, the unnecessarily misspelt klassic games have way more stuff to use

also MK3 was the peak of generic ninja clone design

1559693214088.png

i'd add scorpion to the most wanted section if we didn't have 4 left lol

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Banjo and Kazooie will be coming out next month, but to hold you over until the Rare Bear arrives, we will be releasing another familiar face as a free echo fighter after this presentation. Have a look."
"That's right, Dixie Kong has joined the fight!"

I'd ****ing die. That said, likely not happening.
That'd be really cool, not gonna lie.
--------------------------
So, I found out yesterday that my laptop is capable of emulating PS2 games.

Well... it can handle Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelist of the Roses, at the very least. The card animations are a little wonky, but the game is 100% playable. I'm not sure how it would handle more graphically intensive PS2 games, though.

In order to play with a controller, I used a spare second-hand PS3 controller I had lying around. Setting up a PS3 controller for PC use is... weird, because no drivers for it exist. Only fan-made ones do.

What you have to do to use a PS3 controller is use an Xbox 360 Driver and a program called SCP DS (apparently, there used to be a fan driver called "MotionInJoy", but the site for that has long since gone down and been replaced with a scam site).

Anyway, with my new ability to play games with a controller, I decided to play a little Super Mario World to prepare myself for Super Mario Maker 2.

...I never thought I could be so absolutely rusty at a game. I lost 4 lives in the first area of the first level, one of which was to the first enemy.

I need to get gud at Mario before the end of the month...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think they should have dropped the Waluigi one instead. Because that fits Luigi better for a reference. Or the Cotton Candy Mario which is a real obscure reference. In comparison to one of the OG Power-ups people know.

Ideally, some characters could just get a couple extra color swaps like Mac and Wario did in the past, but that's just not the case this time around.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Capcom getting another character being bad is overblown in my humble opinion. Sure, i’m a Resident Evil supporter, but for good reason.

It’s so vastly different from any other series in Smash, and the two other series from Capcom, that you can practically omit the company from the line of questioning.

If it brings new stuff, new characters, new stages, a new genre, new gameplay, then why not?

Especially when it’s as large of a series as it is. Even if you haven’t played it before, it’s hard to deny its massive in size and scope.

It’d be a great add for sure.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
actually dude

imagine if the east got the maximum appeal of their side with erdrick but the west got the maximum appeal with goddamn mortal kombat

**** would be nuts but its only my imagination :drshrug: but would be rad

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Imagine being so integral and historic to gaming that you oversaturate a Nintendo crossover game.

You ever win so hard you lose?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
actually dude

imagine if the east got the maximum appeal of their side with erdrick but the west got the maximum appeal with goddamn mortal kombat

**** would be nuts but its only my imagination :drshrug:but would be rad
issue with that is that while the west is only indifferent to dragon quest Japan hates mortal kombat from what I understand

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Capcom's got a massive library of iconic games. It's really only fair tbh. I don't really care 'how' many characters a 3rd party company has as long as they do a good job representing their history in gaming, and, well Resident Evil definitely has solidified its place.
Ehhhh one's an echo

Sega's got three fully unique characters

at this point, I don't think it matters
I don’t know.... if still feels weird to me. I see your point but..... I still don’t buy it.

Considering Mortal Kombat 11 is banned in Japan, sounds about right.
Wait, really? Jeese, get that stick out of your ass Japan.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
the schedule would be way off of their planned release schedule to end in early 2020 if the second fighter only got revealed at the halfway point
One character in the summer.
One character in the fall.
One character in winter before the new year.
One character in February.

That gets us where we need to be, and I think that summer character is getting a full reveal at E3.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
issue with that is that while the west is only indifferent to dragon quest Japan hates mortal kombat from what I understand
then we get CJ from grand theft auto

japan loves them some GTA

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don’t know.... if still feels weird to me. I see your point but..... I still don’t buy it.
Idk. I'd just argue that Capcom owns a lot of iconic and notable video game IPs. In fact, I'd only place them behind the Big N themselves when it comes to how notable the ones they have under their belt are.

Street Fighter
Mega Man
Resident Evil
Monster Hunter
Devil May Cry
Ace Attorney

All of these are pretty notable notable names in gaming if you ask me, and limiting it to just a couple in Smash just so the third party companies get equal treatment is kind of a lame excuse imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, really? Jeese, get that stick out of your *** Japan.
I don't think Capcom having many franhises to have picks from is weird, if anything its pretty cool as the company has kept a few of their franchises afloat.

Plus in the topic of Japan and violence, given the PSTD that the MK developers suffered from it might not be a bad idea to tone down the gore of the series. The fatalities are so overdone in the last few entries.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idk. I'd just argue that Capcom owns a lot of iconic and notable video game IPs. In fact, I'd only place them behind the Big N themselves when it comes to how notable the ones they have under their belt are.

Street Fighter
Mega Man
Resident Evil
Monster Hunter
Devil May Cry
Ace Attorney

All of these are pretty notable notable names in gaming if you ask me, and limiting it to just a couple in Smash just so the third party companies get equal treatment is kind of a lame excuse imo.
I don’t know. Feels like a pretty good reason to me.

I don't think Capcom having many franhises to have picks from is weird, if anything its pretty cool as the company has kept a few of their franchises afloat.

Plus in the topic of Japan and violence, given the PSTD that the MK developers suffered from it might not be a bad idea to tone down the gore of the series. The fatalities are so overdone in the last few entries.
But that’s like, the entire point. They tried doing a game without gore and everyone hates it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Street Fighter
Mega Man
Resident Evil
Monster Hunter
Devil May Cry
Ace Attorney

why does no one remember dead rising

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't believe were getting our next DLC reveal(s) either this weekend or next week. Time has really flown hasn't it guys?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don’t know. Feels like a pretty good reason to me.
I doubt that companies really care about equal treatment

If that's the case we would have gotten more Bandai Namco characters by now, given the fact that they helped develop the games and such

And a reminder that not every company will instantly want to jump the gun on having their characters in Smash.

Like, it probably took a bit of talking to get Cloud in, given Square's history in the past.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because Fire Mario is memorable, important, historical, and bad***

Plus, if an alt needed to be cut, they could’ve cut the Waluigi one

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how the **** did that air dodge miss ledge

im salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom