• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guys I’ve made a tier list for who would stay or get cut for the next smash and the people in the discord I shared it in hates it so much. Is it really that bad?
F2446980-1125-4350-AFD9-BB2DD1042705.jpeg

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey guys, what's going on today? Been watching the first episode of Rick & Morty, anyone else anticipating the next season?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guys I’ve made a tier list for who would stay or get cut for the next smash and the people in the discord I shared it in hates it so much. Is it really that bad?
Honestly... I know it’s a lot of work each game but... I kind of want them to abandon cuts. Sure, third parties are always kind of iffy on if they can or can’t return. But why would people even get excited for the next game if there were a lot of cuts?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Snake, Pichu, Simon, Richter, Joker, and Piranha Plant all having a higher chance to come back than Bowser Jr.?

Young Link having a higher chance to come back than Toon Link, who was deliberately added over Young Link in Brawl and kept in Smash 4? Ok.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
These sort of lists only serve to create arguments, nothing good will come out of them

but yeah it is kind of weird, you've got some real interesting characters in the goodbye tier, bowser jr and cloud definitely aren't going anywhere, neither are... any of the characters in the "idk you decide" tier besides maybe young link

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think people are focusing too much on the "Goodbye" section and not judging the tier as a whole.

Overall, it's not bad. Of course, there are a few things I don't agree with. Putting Roy above Lucina, Robin, and Corrin is generous to say the least, and I think Banjo and Mega Man should swap places.

I didn't entirely disagree with your list of cut characters. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would likely have lower priority, and Cloud is...Cloud. WFT, Little Mac, and Corrin are probably safe, but I guess I could see them go if we got a major cut to the roster. Toon Link and Junior should be safe though. Both are highly relevant and extremely iconic to their franchise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I say we should cut cuts.
Hades-bad-joke.gif

Who is with me here?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, I don't know if I would call it necessarily "bad", but I disagree with quite a lot of it. (Almost all of the "Goodbye" section especially) I just don't understand the logic behind many of these choices.

I also don't really see a point in doing this kind of thing at all anyway, so

D

Deleted member

Look you guys need to know cuts exist and you should keep that in mind I don’t want you guys to be disappointed if you ignore possible cuts. Even Sakurai said everyone returning in the next posible smash is unlikely to happen. Idk where it is but he said it

D

Deleted member

Look you guys need to know cuts exist and you should keep that in mind I don’t want you guys to be disappointed if you ignore possible cuts. Even Sakurai said everyone returning in the next posible smash is unlikely to happen. Idk where it is but he said it
This is Sakurai we're talking about
He actually said that Ridley was too big, yet look where we are now
We'll wait and see whether or not he changes his stance on characters being cut

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think a lot of us expect cuts again at some point in Smash's life (or at least I sincerely hope most of us do). It's just that some of your choices don't make much sense.

D

Deleted member

I think a lot of us expect cuts again at some point in Smash's life (or at least I sincerely hope most of us do). It's just that some of your choices don't make much sense.
I could be likley wrong yes but anything could happen

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm perfectly aware about the possibility of cuts

It's just that your list made no sense whatsoever

Like in what world would Piranha Plant be more likely to return than characters like Ganondorf, Bowser Jr, Ryu, Little Mac ,and Duck Hunt?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm perfectly fine with the possibility of cuts

It's just that your list made no sense whatsoever

Like in what world would Piranha Plant be more likely to return than characters like Ganondorf, Bowser Jr, Ryu, Little Mac ,and Duck Hunt?
Idk where to put the idk ones if I putted them in goodbye then it would be even worse that’s why I wanted you all to decide if they should stay or go.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Envy the Mario main

Comfortable in the knowledge their main will never be cut

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Envy the Mario main

Comfortable in the knowledge their main will never be cut
"that's what they think," laughs series director masahiro sakurai as he prepares to add 15 persona characters in smash 6

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can't remember where, but I saw somewhere that all the Pokemon may get cut from Smash because TPC is stingy or something, because some Pokemon don't have their shiny forms or something

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The biggest issue is that you gave no reasons for why characters are in certain tiers.

Like, Little Mac is the main character of an incredibly historic and iconic Nintendo franchise and was a huge fan request in the west. He has a totally unique moveset as well. And yet he's in the lowest tier of likelihood for whatever reason.

Like why though?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't feel like you need that many tiers, around 40 characters can all be slapped into the 100% guaranteed category imo.

Little Mac should never be that low, he's one of the premier retro picks, I don't think he's ever getting cut. Ganondorf is 100% guaranteed to return as well, not sure why anyone would ever think otherwise, he's the biggest Nintendo villain bar Bowser.

I don't see why Cloud should be considered a guaranteed cut, I get that he's a massive hassle to include, but he's been one of the most popular characters in the game since his inclusion, especially online, if anyone is worth the hassle it's him. I wouldn't ever say he's anywhere near guaranteed to return, but I'd still put him higher.

I'd dump Piranha Plant, Pichu and Incineroar down a tier, swap around Toon Link and Young Link, and put Lucario, Robin and Ryu up a tier.

You probably shouldn't expect anything other than negativity when talking about cuts, because it's a very sore subject for people, especially since Ultimate happened. I think it's an inevitability they'll happen again at some point, I don't believe it'll be sustainable to bring everyone back forever, so I hope the community comes to grips with it by the time the next game rolls around, because I expect it'll happen as soon as then.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I can't remember where, but I saw somewhere that all the Pokemon may get cut from Smash because TPC is stingy or something, because some Pokemon don't have their shiny forms or something
Sakurai has already come out and said that TPC and GF are pretty chill when it comes to Pokemon content in Smash. I mean, think of all the VAs they had to hire for the Pokemon and Pokeball Pokemon. Then there's a truckload of remixes and and ported songs, alts based off of protagonists and a special female Pikachu, and a ton of Spirits.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I feel like most unique characters aren't that likely to be cut, it's really the semi-clones that are more likely to be on the chopping block

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"that's what they think," laughs series director masahiro sakurai as he prepares to add 15 persona characters in smash 6
15 Persona characters excluding anyone from the first game or the 2 Duology

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
0. Joker
1. Morgana
2. Ryuji
3. Ann
4. Yuyuske
5. Makoto
6. Futaba
7. Haru
8. Akechi
9. Kasumi
10. Kamoshida
11. Okumura