• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
0. Joker
1. Morgana
2. Ryuji
3. Ann
4. Yuyuske
5. Makoto
6. Futaba
7. Haru
8. Akechi
9. Kasumi
10. Kamoshida
11. Okumura
12. Igor
13. P3 Protagonist
14. P4 protagonist
15. Nyx

you'r welcome, Sakurai.
But Nyx is too big-

:ultridley: - “‘Sup.”

...never mind.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't see why Cloud should be considered a guaranteed cut, I get that he's a massive hassle to include, but he's been one of the most popular characters in the game since his inclusion, especially online, if anyone is worth the hassle it's him. I wouldn't ever say he's anywhere near guaranteed to return, but I'd still put him higher.
Heh. The ultimate troll:

Just replace Cloud with Lightning since she'd be easier.

D

Deleted member

If we get a PlayStation All-Stars 2 with an actually good roster (one that preferably includes Crash, Sora, Morgana, and Vibri at the very least), that would be what would convince me to finally want a PlayStation
Edit: I also want Cloud, Jill and Croc
AND LARA CROFT, HOW THE HELL WAS SHE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can't remember where, but I saw somewhere that all the Pokemon may get cut from Smash because TPC is stingy or something, because some Pokemon don't have their shiny forms or something
Pokemon is the series with the most content in Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we get a PlayStation All-Stars 2 with an actually good roster (one that preferably includes Crash, Sora, Morgana, and Vibri at the very least), that would be what would convince me to finally want a PlayStation
Who I'd want for the sequel.

-Aloy
-Atreus w/ Kratos
-Delsin Rowe
-Jin Sakai
-Joel (Maybe even paired with Ellie)
-Kineticlops (Only War of the Monsters character I could see working given he's an energy being plus his guest appearance in Downhill Domination so they could base his size off of that).
-Raven
-Until Dawn rep
-Wander

D

Deleted member

Who I'd want for the sequel.

-Aloy
-Atreus w/ Kratos
-Delsin Rowe
-Jin Sakai
-Joel (Maybe even paired with Ellie)
-Kineticlops (Only War of the Monsters character I could see working given he's an energy being plus his guest appearance in Downhill Domination so they could base his size off of that).
-Raven
-Until Dawn rep
-Wander
Aaaand I forgot to mention the Prince of All Cosmos
lol

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Cuts are something that will definitely happen in the next Smash. But TBH I don't necessarily consider them a bad thing, nor do I think it will make the next roster inferior.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lara Croft was an interesting case that pretty much came down to ridiculously poor timing.

They had wanted to include her, but Square Enix was working on the first of the reboot games at the time and, understandably, wanted the new version of the character to debut in her own game as opposed to debuting in PSASBR, as they'd have more control over the character. They couldn't afford to delay the game due to Sony having strict deadlines, so Lara didn't end up happening.

Had the DLC continued like was planned, it's possible we'd have eventually gotten Lara.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aah they're making one of my mains a new pirate skin in Paladins.
There's also a bunch of great pirate skins coming as well. So happy~

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also would want a War of the Monsters stage. My idea is one I already shared a while back.

Name of Stage: Hekseville
First Representation: Gravity Rush (2012)
Second Representation: War of the Monsters (2003)
Background Characters: Raven, Yunica, Togera, Congar, and Preytor.
First Music: Gravity Rush Battle Theme.
Second Music: Baytown Theme.
Hazards: Any of the rubble from buildings sometimes thrown onto the stage by one of the three Monsters and any players getting caught in it will lose lot of AP and be sent flying.
Description: The Stage starts out normal as players fight. Soon though. Citizens of Hekseville will appear and start running for their lives and panicing as Togera, Congar, and Preytor appears and begins to attack the city. After a few minutes. Raven and Yunica will appear and begin to fight the Monsters trying to protect the city and the citizens and the Monsters will fight back. As Raven and Yunica fights Togera, Congar, and Preytor. One of the three Monsters will sometimes send rubble from buildings onto the stage and any players getting caught in it will lose lot of AP and be sent flying.

Of course Raven would have to be removed as a playable character if that was the case or it could just be Yunica.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, that's it. :ulthero: has officially been banned from tournaments
in South Australia only.
I wouldn't even argue Hero is top tier. Yeah, he can get some pretty cheesy kills on you, but luck is such a huge part of Hero's moveset, there's no way you can get consistent results with him, especially in a competitive match.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
in South Australia only.
Everyone tag @ScrubQuotesX right now

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Say, I can make Sylvain a Dark Knight with 70% of success, but I haven't made him a Dark Bishop yet due to have only 30% of success, should I go to Dark Knight right now or should I try to get Dark Bishop first to not miss any good stuff?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Everyone tag @ScrubQuotesX right now
They already posted it. It’s pretty funny.

I think RNG is probably bad for the competitive scene but the Hero hasn’t been out long at all, and it’s not like Brawl MK or Smash4 Bayo where the character is incredibly dominant. It’s an extreme measure that just looks bad IMO.

I think the end result is going to be the same, ban or not- you won’t be seeing the Hero in tournaments either way.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They already posted it. It’s pretty funny.

I think RNG is probably bad for the competitive scene but the Hero hasn’t been out long at all, and it’s not like Brawl MK or Smash4 Bayo where the character is incredibly dominant. It’s an extreme measure that just looks bad IMO.

I think the end result is going to be the same, ban or not- you won’t be seeing the Hero in tournaments either way.
Tbh, people need to realize that RNG doesn't carry Hero that far. Most of his kills are coming from his default specials or normals, as a lot of other options are too unreliable, or too laggy. And a lot of his down b spells suck

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh, people need to realize that RNG doesn't carry Hero that far. Most of his kills are coming from his default specials or normals, as a lot of other options are too unreliable, or too laggy. And a lot of his down b spells suck
Whenever I use Hero I only use the Down B spells like... 2% of the time haha

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
in South Australia only.
Wait didn't a K.Rool win a major there? Lmao guess they're just scrubs there brb traveling to Australia to win all the majors

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Then again, I'll always have Peach in Smash, so if they end up cutting my other favorite characters, it won't really be so bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hero is like Mimikyu in a way that they both suffer from new toy syndrome. It happened to Little Mac too.

People get really fussy once they see something they initially believe they can't handle.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guess that Seteth paid after he & Flayn were rescued by Byleth.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This game would singlehandedly sell me a PS5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't even argue Hero is top tier. Yeah, he can get some pretty cheesy kills on you, but luck is such a huge part of Hero's moveset, there's no way you can get consistent results with him, especially in a competitive match.
Sometimes a luck factor is enough to get something banned. Moves like Double Team and other Evasion boosting moves in Pokemon are actually banned.

StormC

Smash Hero
Sometimes a luck factor is enough to get something banned. Moves like Double Team and other Evasion boosting moves in Pokemon are actually banned.
Not really comparable since those can actually be intentionally done over and over by a player.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft
I’ve done Alfeheim and I’m in the dwarves mines and I can not stress how happy I am to be repeatedly mashing the circle button to accomplish certain interactions. It feels so much more tactile. Like I’m actually doing something. Still wish there were quick time events for larger enemies but hey. What can you do.

Edit: I CAN STILL HOP ON TOP OF BIG ENEMIES AND USE THEM TO CLEAR THE ROOM!!!!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The main reason why Hero's banned is because RNG is anti-competitive, which has some truth to it, but the thing is, people prefer to adapt first then ban. Look at Smash 4, there were discussions of banning Diddy and Bayo. Not a lot of people wanted to ban Diddy when hus bans were proposed, because people were figuring out counterplay even though Hoo Hah was mega annoying. With Bayo, it was hard since she invalidated the entire cast except for like 5 characters, so far more were in favor. That's also why Wobbling is making a name for itself in the ban radar

Now, I know miis were banned for RNG, but those were due to reasons far beyond anyone's control due to ACTUAL bad game design.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
All I know is that if they do a sequel, rather than continue Ultimate, I have no expectations of it topping it. One of the things I was weary about prior to Ultimate's announcement was third party characters like Sonic, Mega Man and PAC-MAN possibly getting cut--I can't imagine a Smash game without them now, though legal/financial matters are a real issue. If the next one doesn't include the mascot third party characters (e.g., Sonic, Mega Man, PAC-MAN, Banjo & Kazooie), which is likely, I'll be sticking to Ultimate.

And if they do continue, there will certainly be cuts--that was Sakurai's original idea for Smash 6, until the idea of Ultimate came about. And we know there was one third party character that gave them the biggest problem. While we don't know who, everyone suspected Cloud when that was mentioned. So going into the next one, he shouldn't be considered in the likely category, even though I would want as many third party characters returning as possible.

I did make my ideal roster if there had to be cuts--it's completely unrealistic (e.g., Sakurai said 1/3 would have been cut, and the amount is the same as Ultimate's base), plus a lot of personal decisions other people wouldn't like (more Pokemon, less FE characters). But it was a fantasy list for me.

Smash All-Star.png

For first party characters I tried to make sure all of the big franchises got the hero/sidekick/heroine/villain representation. Because of Toad, he's gone from Peach's moves, and I'd really like it if they went with the ideas in PM Toad, especially the pick being a part so that it fits with an alt costume of Captain Toad. Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit are transformational characters to reduce the amount of derivative characters while keeping as many as possible returning. Likewise, Dr. Mario and Dark Samus are special alt costumes, while playing the same as their characters, have different visual elements that closely align with their clone/echo characters. Dark Samus could still be an echo as well, as I did not include echoes but assume they're there. I replaced Young and Toon Link with Skull Kid and Tetra to keep the same amount of Zelda characters while adding more variety in characters. Pokemon was made to have a representative from each generation, and to have elemental variety--Togepi replaces Pichu as the cutesy baby Pokemon from Gen 2. I wanted to include Ashley, but that changed when in order to include Waluigi, I felt like I had to include Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi together in the same series (it's not happening, but that's my preference). The series are ordered by tentpole first party franchises, followed by Pokemon/FE, followed by other first party series along with honorary third party Nintendo characters (third party characters that exist within the universe of first party characters), followed by third party characters, followed by one-off Nintendo characters. There were some cuts I did not like to do, but I'm overall happy about this.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
All I know is that if they do a sequel, rather than continue Ultimate, I have no expectations of it topping it. One of the things I was weary about prior to Ultimate's announcement was third party characters like Mega Man and PAC-MAN possibly getting cut--I can't imagine a Smash game without them now, though legal/financial matters are a real issue. If the next one doesn't include the mascot third party characters (e.g., Mega Man, PAC-MAN, Banjo & Kazooie), which is likely, I'll be sticking to Ultimate.

And if they do continue, there will certainly be cuts--that was Sakurai's original idea for Smash 6, until the idea of Ultimate came about. And we know there was one third party character that gave them the biggest problem. While we don't know who, everyone suspected Cloud when that was mentioned. So going into the next one, he shouldn't be considered in the likely category, even though I would want as many third party characters returning as possible.

I did make my ideal roster if there had to be cuts--it's completely unrealistic (e.g., Sakurai said 1/3 would have been cut, and the amount is the same as Ultimate's base), plus a lot of personal decisions other people wouldn't like (more Pokemon, less FE characters). But it was a fantasy list for me.

View attachment 234752

For first party characters I tried to make sure all of the big franchises got the hero/sidekick/heroine/villain representation. Because of Toad, he's gone from Peach's moves, and I'd really like it if they went with the ideas in PM Toad, especially the pick being a part so that it fits with an alt costume of Captain Toad. Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit are transformational characters to reduce the amount of derivative characters while keeping as many as possible returning. Likewise, Dr. Mario and Dark Samus are special alt costumes, while playing the same as their characters, have different visual elements that closely align with their clone/echo characters. Dark Samus could still be an echo as well, as I did not include echoes but assume they're there. I replaced Young and Toon Link with Skull Kid and Tetra to keep the same amount of Zelda characters while adding more variety in characters. Pokemon was made to have a representative from each generation, and to have elemental variety--Togepi replaces Pichu as the cutesy baby Pokemon from Gen 2. I wanted to include Ashley, but that changed when in order to include Waluigi, I felt like I had to include Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi together in the same series (it's not happening, but that's my preference). The series are ordered by tentpole first party franchises, followed by Pokemon/FE, followed by other first party series along with honorary third party Nintendo characters (third party characters that exist within the universe of first party characters), followed by third party characters, followed by one-off Nintendo characters. There were some cuts I did not like to do, but I'm overall happy about this.
Where did Sakurai say 1/3 would be cut?

Also, I'm pretty sure Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man are all safe for future sequels. Hell, I'd say all of Capcom's characters are safe, they are super easy to work with in Smash.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Where did Sakurai say 1/3 would be cut?

Also, I'm pretty sure Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man are all safe for future sequels. Hell, I'd say all of Capcom's characters are safe, they are super easy to work with in Smash.
I can't find the original article (hard to google 1/3 the size of roster, without knowing the full quote). But I recall him saying if he went with the plan of retooling the characters, rather than iterating on them from Smash 4, the roster would be 1/3 the size of Ultimate's base. It doesn't necessarily mean that was the original plan (I'd need to find the quote to confirm that), and it doesn't mean that's what Smash 7 would be like, though I assume that would be likely if there are cuts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, if Smash 6 were to have cuts, then I wouldn't be surprised if they started readding those cut characters back in as DLC, but that would require a lot of Season Passes
So basically the SFV approach?

... I suppose it’s better than the Dissidia NT Free Version approach... currently $537 or so to get all DLC including characters, weapons and costumes

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Guys I’ve made a tier list for who would stay or get cut for the next smash and the people in the discord I shared it in hates it so much. Is it really that bad?
Ganondorf on "idk you decide" but Joker and Plant in good chance is wild lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom