• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, given their previous CSS screens, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take into account making it a perfect rectangle. If they didn't, it's a nice coincidence that ended up being the case. But given they had been planning the Fighter's Pass earlier than thought (evidenced by Gregg mentioning working with them for a while last year, the datamine showing code for Joker and Hero, Verge's April 2018 rumor of Microsoft content), perhaps they did take into account what it would look like when complete, when echoes/Miis are stacked.

I just consider it vindication of stacking the CSS, because everybody thinks I'm a heathen for doing so. :chuckle:
It’s gonna look horrible unstacked though.

Please please please please let there be additional passes. Don’t stop here. Keep going!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dang... no guests viewing the thread at all huh? :drsad:

Guess there's just not anything interesting going on at the moment...

EDIT: AYYY WE FINALLY GOT ONE! THANK YOU, RANDOM GUEST!
We're just waiting for Banjo.

Not too excited by September 21st that's when we'll get "BANGO TODAY LADS" Not sure if we'll get a reveal before Banjo is out. I think that's the big question.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Also, apparently someone showed what it would look when it's unstacked, using the algorithm the game uses.

Compared to...

Current Roster.jpg
It’s gonna look horrible unstacked though.

Please please please please let there be additional passes. Don’t stop here. Keep going!
I mean, both would be perfect if we get three more echoes...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Brave Heroes are in, sadly Alm seems to have gotten a shorter end of the stick then the others but may still be good:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There are only three big questions for Smash speculation right now, and they are:

1) Do we get a character reveal before Banjo is released, which would likely take place in the September Direct?

2) Who comes after Banjo?

3) How bloodthirsty does the Smash fan base get once pick #4 is out of the way and only one pick remains?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We're just waiting for Banjo.

Not too excited by September 21st that's when we'll get "BANGO TODAY LADS" Not sure if we'll get a reveal before Banjo is out. I think that's the big question.
If we're to look at past years as reference (no guarantee of course, but it's at least something to keep in mind) we usually get a general fall Direct early to mid September.

Won't be surprised if they announced fighter 4 then. We're kinda running out of places and time to announce the characters.

So yeah, I'd say there's at least a slight possibility we could know before banjo

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
There are only three big questions for Smash speculation right now, and they are:

1) Do we get a character reveal before Banjo is released, which would likely take place in the September Direct?

3) How bloodthirsty does the Smash fan base get once pick #4 is out of the way and only one pick remains?
1. I'd say it's 50/50. However, more and more I think the next General Direct will be in October, and I'm 99% sure October is when Banjo comes out.

2. My guess is Ryu Hayabusa for previously discussed reasons.

3. People will either be tearing each others' heads off or rocking back and forth in a fetal position saying "season 2, season 2, season 2..."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Crash Bandicoot
Doom Slayer
Heihachi
Phoenix Wright
Lloyd Irving
Resident Evil rep (Jill or Leon)
Ryu Hayabusa

I still say has the best chances being the final two picks with sleeper/dark horse picks being an SNK rep and Dark Souls character.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

1) Yes, but in a randomly posted Smash Direct on Twitter, Fall Direct's in December for some reason.

2) Bubsy, an Incineroar echo.

3) Sakurai will announce a death battle with fans of the remaining available characters, and whoever survives gets to pick the final character.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If we're to look at past years as reference (no guarantee of course, but it's at least something to keep in mind) we usually get a general fall Direct early to mid September.

Won't be surprised if they announced fighter 4 then. We're kinda running out of places and time to announce the characters.

So yeah, I'd say here's at least a slight possibility we could know before banjo
Could be at another game show. Tokyo Game Show is next month and Gamescom is in October. Both have potential for something, albeit the former rarely has Nintendo stuff the same could be said for the VGA!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
the TT better be brave Anna or I'll RIOT
I don’t think we get any unit with it, the in game notification doesn’t say so and I don’t recall getting any in the last. I don’t remember if the previous cyl units got tempest trials though

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
1) Yes, but in a randomly posted Smash Direct on Twitter, Fall Direct's in December for some reason.

3) Sakurai will announce a death battle with fans of the remaining available characters, and whoever survives gets to pick the final character.
Well well... *Grabs a baseball bat*
This will be a Bloodlust...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unless Banjo comes out September 1st or something I think we’ll get #4’s reveal before he’s out, just because the September direct is the perfect way to announce the next character.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I will slaughter all who come before me! And I will take my rightful place, as the God of War! And. He. Will. Be. In. SMASH!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Unless Banjo comes out September 1st or something I think we’ll get #4 before he’s out, just because the September direct is the perfect way to announce the next character.
That's what I'm thinking, the Fall Direct tends to be early September and it's too optimistic to think Banjo & Kazooie will be out before that (a boy can dream, tho...). I think it's going to be awkward either way, but if #4 is revealed before Banjo & Kazooie's release, we'll simply be in the same situation we were after E3... Banjo & Kazooie's page would be up and Fighter #4's page wouldn't be available.

...unless they reveal Fighter #4 before Banjo & Kazooie's release and still doesn't have their page up. Why do I torture myself with these hypotheticals.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

1) I could honestly see it. Announce Banjo's release date, then either announce or tease fighter 4 kind of how Joker happened.

2) I don't think anyone out right knows. Promotional stand point...Doom Slayer.

3) You mean we are not blood thirsty already!? Even more blood!?

Also hello gang!

D

Deleted member

1. Probably, assuming Banjo's release date is announced in the same Direct

2. My guess is any Capcom character, if we don't get one I won't do anything because I'm not a betting man :4diddy:

3.Very, and I am so ready to see it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We're half way through August until we hit September. Time is really flying since the reveal of our last two :ulthero:and:ultbanjokazooie:

Only a matter of time until #4 gets revealed.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I found out this morning that BrawlBRSTMs3 X's channel got terminated. Gonna miss all the music loops.

Shroob

Sup?
Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Noipoi Noipoi xD Have you ever tried drawing a Pokemon fusion from one of those generator sites?
SHAYARINA2.png

xD I think this is the first time I am actually trying to do one. In this case a combination between Shaymin and Primarina.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I haven’t, though I want to now.
XD If you do, then I look forward to it~! owo Now, I am nervous of how mine might turn out in the end. xD But well, there's a first time for everything!

D

Deleted member

1) We had Joker revealed before Piranha Plant came out so possibly I wouldn't put it past them to reveal Fighter 4 before Banjo comes out but they may not.

2) As long as Geno is one of the last two or a bonus DLC fighter I do not care. I'm gonna say Phoenix Wright/Capcom rep or Doom Guy though. Just give me Geno and I'll be satisfied. Yes I still wish for him even though he's nigh impossible.

3) They're probably going to tear each others heads clean off. Rip and Tear as the Doom franchise would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom