• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I finally finished my New Game+ run and got the platinum for Persona 5.

Now I feel a bit empty inside since it's all over...at least until Royal comes out, anyway.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
finished my blue lions playthrough today

it was pretty cool, blue is pretty much a top 5 color

gonna do golden deer next to see what its like being a Golden Deer

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As for the CSS theory, it'll be perfectly rectangular if you stack it. My alternative CSS theory is we're only getting the Fighter's Pass and Sakurai agrees with me that stacking is the optimal option.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Usually if there’s a “theory” that claims we get more characters, folks latch onto it until somebody straight up provides evidence about why it shouldn’t/can’t happen.

It’s the Smash fan base after all. I will say we’ve gotten better though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Usually if there’s a “theory” that claims we get more characters, folks latch onto it until somebody straight up provides evidence about why it shouldn’t/can’t happen.

It’s the Smash fan base after all. I will say we’ve gotten better though.
Having a "It's true until proven fake" mentality isn't really all too good. Luckily there doesn't seem to be much of that here...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Having a "It's true until proven fake" mentality isn't really all too good. Luckily there doesn't seem to be much of that here...
Although, I'd suggest the opposite extreme isn't ideal as well, "It's false until prove true"--I've seen too many people use flimsy reasoning in an attempt to stop the speculation (it's how it's supposed to work in science, but speculation isn't science). I go for a "it's nether true nor false at the moment, fun to talk about, but let's not take it too seriously" mentality.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Although, I'd suggest the opposite extreme isn't ideal as well, "It's false until prove true"--I've seen too many people use flimsy reasoning in an attempt to stop the speculation (it's how it's supposed to work in science, but speculation isn't science). I go for a "it's nether true nor false at the moment, fun to talk about, but let's not take it too seriously" mentality.
Oh yeah, I agree 100%. It's good to consider the fact that it could be true, but it is also good to consider the fact that it could be fake.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I miss when they gave the figures for early pre-orders in the west. The last one I remember was the Lugia/Ho-oh figures for HGSS, after that they stopped bringing them over from Japan and now all we get is some posters. I would've liked to have had Primal Kyogre and Sobble to go along with my Lugia.
I got a Primal Kyogre with my Alpha Sapphire pre order.

It's nothing special.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently listening to one of the soundtracks to Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The part where Serizawa sacrifices his life for Godzilla. This scene always gets me emotionally.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After much thought and conclusion I pretty much decided what Legendary Godzilla's species is.

The third option. An descendant of an proto-amniote amphibian from the Carboniferous period (Especially given his gills) with convergent evolution (Crocodilian armor-like skin).

I mostly decided with this one due to possessing gills which amphibians (Or at least some adults) have.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I want crono in smash but I don't know if I could handle the travesty of only having two chrono trigger songs

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft

I’m warming up to it a bit more. I’ve unlocked a few more skills and some runes and there have been a couple fights where I actually feel like I’m playing God of War. I wish it wasn’t so hard to upgrade your life bar though. I’m trying to do this without a guide as much as possible and i just for the life of me can’t figure out how to open these damn chests.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wunderwaft Wunderwaft

I’m warming up to it a bit more. I’ve unlocked a few more skills and some tunes and there have been a couple fights where I actually feel like I’m playing God of War. I wish it wasn’t so hard to upgrade your life bar though. I’m trying to do this without a guide as much as possible and i just for the life of me can’t figure out how to open these damn chests.
When finding a Nornir chest you'll notice it has runic symbols on it. There are three ways to open the chest. The first is to destroy the three seals in the surrounding area to open the chest. Some chests require you to hit three bells quickly to open. And some chests require you to line up totem poles to match the runic symbols on the chest. While playing you will also notice chests entangled with branches, those can only be broken after you progress further into the game so don't bother with them until later.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well apparently 47 Meters Down: Uncaged is indeed playing here at my theater. It just wasn't among those movies having a screening.

Add that to the theater list then.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When finding a Nornir chest you'll notice it has runic symbols on it. There are three ways to open the chest. The first is to destroy the three seals in the surrounding area to open the chest. Some chests require you to hit three bells quickly to open. And some chests require you to line up totem poles to match the runic symbols on the chest. While playing you will also notice chests entangled with branches, those can only be broken after you progress further into the game so don't bother with them until later.
I see. Well, hopefully I come across a few more because I am NOT backtracking. I’m doing the main story and the main story alone.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
PAPAGENO POSTED THE VIDEO FEATURING MY THEORY!!!

I am the last thing he talks about on it.
So I wanted to double check it, and after re-watching the video, he *does* mention the roster stacked, but didn't realize Miis also stack. I know, because I stack my roster and I've been saying for a while how when they're stacked it's perfectly rectangular once the Fighter's Pass is done. Here it is, for anyone curious.

Current Roster.jpg
3 spots left for Banjo & Kazooie, #4 and #5.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Tfw there’s a “Regional” Smash tournament coming to Buffalo and I feel like I might do pretty well, but I’ve never entered a tourney at a local before.
2DA2AE3B-3DFA-483E-AF46-6EB34353B85D.jpeg

I want to enter, but I also am like, should I really?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I wanted to double check it, and after re-watching the video, he *does* mention the roster stacked, but didn't realize Miis also stack. I know, because I stack my roster and I've been saying for a while how when they're stacked it's perfectly rectangular once the Fighter's Pass is done. Here it is, for anyone curious.

3 spots left for Banjo & Kazooie, #4 and #5.
Aren't the Miis suppose to have their own separate slots?

Edit: Nevermind this is when Echos are put together with the character they echo.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

View attachment 2347183 spots left for Banjo & Kazooie, #4 and #5.
At least they knew ahead of time what the DLC was gonna look like and planned the interface around it.

Remember this?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At least they knew ahead of time what the DLC was gonna look like and planned the interface around it.

Remember this?

Just you wait until they do it again but extra fighters takes an entire screen of its own over

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Remember this?

Yeah, given their previous CSS screens, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take into account making it a perfect rectangle. If they didn't, it's a nice coincidence that ended up being the case. But given they had been planning the Fighter's Pass earlier than thought (evidenced by Gregg mentioning working with them for a while last year, the datamine showing code for Joker and Hero, Verge's April 2018 rumor of Microsoft content), perhaps they did take into account what it would look like when complete, when echoes/Miis are stacked.

I just consider it vindication of stacking the CSS, because everybody thinks I'm a heathen for doing so. :chuckle:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Tfw there’s a “Regional” Smash tournament coming to Buffalo and I feel like I might do pretty well, but I’ve never entered a tourney at a local before.

I want to enter, but I also am like, should I really?
Do it man, it will give you a fresh new experience on the game. Tournaments are a good way to gauge your skills and realize what you need to improve.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Dang... no guests viewing the thread at all huh? :drsad:

Guess there's just not anything interesting going on at the moment...

EDIT: AYYY WE FINALLY GOT ONE! THANK YOU, RANDOM GUEST!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dang... no guests viewing the thread at all huh? :drsad:

Guess there's just not anything interesting going on at the moment...
If only there was a Smash leak or rumor that'd have things going on. Too bad we'll probably have to wait until September for something like that at least. Half way there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom