• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So when are we gonna get more info on swordy boi and Zamazamazamazamazama:005:?
Hell if I know.

We got info on Xernes and Yveltal in July 2013.

We got info on Solgaleo and Lunala in June 2016.

I was expecting last month for the legends types but clearly I was wrong. I was expecting this month too but once again, wrong.

D

Deleted member

But what makes you so sure it’d be Zacian specifically? Cuz I’m kinda feelin Corviknight.

That is of course assuming it’s not one of the starters, which it almost certainly would be.
The only obvious choice for a Gen 8 Pokemon in Smash is Obstagoon :4diddy:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While I was ****posting when I said they'd go with a new trainer to promote Pokemon Masters instead, I think it fits the idea of DLC being unexpected better:
  • Going with the new spinoff instead of the mainline game
  • If they choose a trainer for their popularity, it'd be the first time since Brawl that a Pokemon newcomer was chosen for that
  • Some trainers being associated with Pokemon with unusual body types
You know who I’m rooting for in terms of a Masters rep...

Cynthia, it’s Cynthia. Stupid broken image uploader

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While I was ****posting when I said they'd go with a new trainer to promote Pokemon Masters instead, I think it fits the idea of DLC being unexpected better:
  • Going with the new spinoff instead of the mainline game
  • If they choose a trainer for their popularity, it'd be the first time since Brawl that a Pokemon newcomer was chosen for that
  • Some trainers being associated with Pokemon with unusual body types
I wouldn't mind another Trainer, but I think the one we have now is all we really need. Making a second would make PT feel a little less special.

Plus, I'm not sure if Sakurai would be willing to make such a character as DLC. Technically, he'd be making three characters.

The only obvious choice for a Gen 8 Pokemon in Smash is Obstagoon :4diddy:
But would Gene Simmons be okay with that?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wouldn't mind another Trainer, but I think the one we have now is all we really need. Making a second would make PT feel a little less special.

Plus, I'm not sure if Sakurai would be willing to make such a character as DLC. Technically, he'd be making three characters.

But would Gene Simmons be okay with that?
I'd expect Sakurai to make a new trainer stick out beyond just being another trio of Pokemon, like a Hoenn trainer representing double battles, or a Pokemon Nurse being able to heal teammates in team battles.

And yes, Gene is absolutely okay with Obstagoon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tbh, it always baffled me that most people imagine Steve as a straight up swordfighter

We're talking about a game that has you start out with nothing but your bare fists.

Not to mention, mining is a huge part as well (It's in the name and all), so he'd probably use his Pickaxe a lot too.

Steve would definitely be the type of character to have a ton of weapons at his disposable.
Not to knowledgeable on Minecraft but I always took it Steve using a sword as his normal and usual weapon plus if he were to get a Mii Costume it'd be:ultswordfighter:

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I love Pokemon Trainer, and I entertained the idea of a new Pokemon Trainer for the base because, with limited spots, if we were going to have another Pokemon character I'd rather it be something special. Especially with 7-9 veterans returning--once you get to that number, I feel you should be doing something extra special, like Pokemon Trainer did in Brawl, or else it just becomes stale. While I'm not wanting a Pokemon or Master type character for DLC, for those reasons, I hope in the next game, if they need a Pokemon for the sake of a Pokemon, I hope they find a way to make it unique and special.

Dangit, I wanted this to be my new profile pic.

"Imma use snooze, and ***** slap you across the screen."

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
You know who I’m rooting for in terms of a Masters rep...

Cynthia, it’s Cynthia. Stupid broken image uploader
Another trainer is unlikely to happen, but Cynthia could work. These could be her Pokemon:

Spiritomb (light, uses Psychic to grab)
  • Standard: Dark Pulse
  • Side: Silver Wind
  • Up: Ominous Wind
Braviary (medium)
  • Standard: Retaliate
  • Side: Shadow Claw
  • Up: Brave Bird
Garchomp (heavy)
  • Standard: Earthquake
  • Side: Brick Break
  • Up: Dragon Rush
Final Smash would be Garchomp using Giga Impact.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If there’s ever another human Pokémon character it should just be the person.

No Pokémon or anything, just using the bike and ****.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I love Pokemon Trainer, and I entertained the idea of a new Pokemon Trainer for the base because, with limited spots, if we were going to have another Pokemon character I'd rather it be something special. Especially with 7-9 veterans returning--once you get to that number, I feel you should be doing something extra special, like Pokemon Trainer did in Brawl, or else it just becomes stale. While I'm not wanting a Pokemon or Master type character for DLC, for those reasons, I hope in the next game, if they need a Pokemon for the sake of a Pokemon, I hope they find a way to make it unique and special.
It's kinda hard for Pokemon characters to get stale IMO. There's so many moves and species available that you'd actually have a harder time making an Echo than you would a unique character.

But maybe I feel that way because I have a preference for non-gimmicky characters. Surprisingly, PT and Lucario are the only Pokemon characters so far that have a notable gimmick that encompasses their entire moveset.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if you will. It’s a Nintendo direct. Shigeru Miyamoto, Yoshiaki Koizumi, and Doug Bowser are sleeping in Shigi’s office when a loud noise startled them awake. Miyamoto looks around and Koizumi pops the bubble above Doug’s face awakening him. They all run to the window and look outside, a large silhouette of an R blotting out the sun. The r is illuminated and we see it’s the Retro Studios R with... I don’t know, someone from that studio standing in front. He begins laughing before another R falls from the sky and crushes the two. It’s the old Rare logo with Phill Spencer in front, who strikes a pose as the text appears “Rareware returns to Nintendo Switch!” The men in the office cheer as we see a sizzle real of rare titles coming to the Switch. Including, but not limited to, Rare Replay and Killer Instinct 2013.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine if you will. It’s a Nintendo direct. Shigeru Miyamoto, Yoshiaki Koizumi, and Doug Bowser are sleeping in Shigi’s office when a loud noise startled them awake. Miyamoto looks around and Koizumi pops the bubble above Doug’s face awakening him. They all run to the window and look outside, a large silhouette of an R blotting out the sun. The r is illuminated and we see it’s the Retro Studios R with... I don’t know, someone from that studio standing in front. He begins laughing before another R falls from the sky and crushes the two. It’s the old Rare logo with Phill Spencer in front, who strikes a pose as the text appears “Rareware returns to Nintendo Switch!” The men in the office cheer as we see a sizzle real of rare titles coming to the Switch. Including, but not limited to, Rare Replay and Killer Instinct 2013.
BANJO THREEIE BAYBEEE

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Another trainer is unlikely to happen, but Cynthia could work. These could be her Pokemon:

Spiritomb (light, uses Psychic to grab)
  • Standard: Dark Pulse
  • Side: Silver Wind
  • Up: Ominous Wind
Braviary (medium)
  • Standard: Retaliate
  • Side: Shadow Claw
  • Up: Brave Bird
Garchomp (heavy)
  • Standard: Earthquake
  • Side: Brick Break
  • Up: Dragon Rush
Final Smash would be Garchomp using Giga Impact.
Here’s my approach to her moves:

Spiritomb
  • Standard: Will O’ Wisp
  • Side: Sucker Punch
  • Up: Silver or Ominous Wind
Milotic
  • Standard: Mirror Coat
  • Side: Ice Beam
  • Up: Surf
Garchomp (heavy)

• Standard: Brick Break
  • Side: Dragon Rush
  • Up: Giga Impact
And Final Smash would be a cinematic all out attack with these three and the rest of her Platinum team.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not to knowledgeable on Minecraft but I always took it Steve using a sword as his normal and usual weapon plus if he were to get a Mii Costume it'd be:ultswordfighter:
The pickaxe is iconic enough to be his main weapon imo, but who knows what they'd end up giving him for a multi-jab or side-smash (I'd say his regular punch would be his jab). Realistically he'd use a variety of tools and items, including some unique ones like the ender pearl (it would teleport him, but would have to be thrown and collide with an opponent or object) as well as building blocks and whatnot.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If they picked from Three Houses, while I could see Byleth get the pick because of Whip-Sword, I still feel that Edelgard would get the nod.

Maybe I’m biased, but the idea of an axe-wielding, Gambit using, heavy armor/summoner character would be kinda cool. It’s a new weapon, and a type of character we don’t have: female heavyweight. She’s also arguably the most popular character from the game...then again that couldn’t play a role if Three Houses wasn’t out when decisions were made. But if it’s true that Edelgard is being pushed more than the other two...

I will say the lack of spirits is odd. But I don’t know that I’ll be believing Three Houses is getting a playable pick in Smash. Not yet, anyway.

But if it does happen, Edelgard please!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ashe: snatched
linhardt: snatched
caspar: snatched

ingrid: doesn't want my ****ing tea

mercedes: denied

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If they picked from Three Houses, while I could see Byleth get the pick because of Whip-Sword, I still feel that Edelgard would get the nod.

Maybe I’m biased, but the idea of an axe-wielding, Gambit using, heavy armor/summoner character would be kinda cool. It’s a new weapon, and a type of character we don’t have: female heavyweight. She’s also arguably the most popular character from the game...then again that couldn’t play a role if Three Houses wasn’t out when decisions were made. But if it’s true that Edelgard is being pushed more than the other two...

I will say the lack of spirits is odd. But I don’t know that I’ll be believing Three Houses is getting a playable pick in Smash. Not yet, anyway.

But if it does happen, Edelgard please!
After that whole:ultcorrin:controversy during the Sm4sh days though I doubt they'll add an Three House character. :ultchrom:doesn't count given he's Base and not DLC.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The pickaxe is iconic enough to be his main weapon imo, but who knows what they'd end up giving him for a multi-jab or side-smash (I'd say his regular punch would be his jab). Realistically he'd use a variety of tools and items, including some unique ones like the ender pearl (it would teleport him, but would have to be thrown and collide with an opponent or object) as well as building blocks and whatnot.
I imagine his pickaxe being his neutral special where attacking with it would cause pickups (mainly blocks) to drop from opponents which he’d select and use from his down special.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I recruited every unit from the other Houses, mainly because they all have certain things that make them likable or just good units in general.

With that in mind, it made the second half much easier to deal with because I didn’t have to worry about potentially having to kill them. I don’t even know how exactly that works in the first place, so I’m not really spoiling what i don’t know.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I recruited every unit from the other Houses, mainly because they all have certain things that make them likable or just good units in general.

With that in mind, it made the second half much easier to deal with because I didn’t have to kill them.
since images are still broken and poopoo, imagine the monkey puppet looking back and forth at you for not putting that in spoilers :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom