• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If there’s ever another human Pokémon character it should just be the person.

No Pokémon or anything, just using the bike and ****.
this is what i wanted for pokemon trainer if they came back pre-Ultimate reveal

its such a slept on moveset

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's kinda hard for Pokemon characters to get stale IMO. There's so many moves and species available that you'd actually have a harder time making an Echo than you would a unique character.

But maybe I feel that way because I have a preference for non-gimmicky characters. Surprisingly, PT and Lucario are the only Pokemon characters so far that have a notable gimmick that encompasses their entire moveset.
I could say a lot about this, but I have before, and don't want to unnecessarily harp on it (since I do try to at least keep others in mind, despite the impression). But, to summarize my three paragraph monstrosity I wrote before deciding against it--if it's a Pokemon that a person doesn't have an attachment to or nostalgia for, they can come across as just Generic Pokemon #9. While a fan can point out their unique features, it doesn't help the big picture impressions to a non-fan. And I've tried--Incineroar has grown on me, even if my thoughts on Greninja/Incineroar haven't changed. But I also have to be honest with my impressions as a casual fan.

And as someone who's more nostalgic to Gen 1--I can completely understand it by putting myself in the mind of someone who's not nostalgic for Gen 1. Seems overboard already with 4-6 Pokemon being from Gen 1, even though I personally love all of them (well, Jigglypuff is pushing it, but she's an OG 12) and wouldn't personally axe any of them. So I can understand it if I put myself in the mind of someone who loves the later generations--I'm just speaking from my own personal impressions that if they have, as they inevitably will, another Pokemon next time that I hope it's more special and unique to where it leaves a good impression on me. It's a hope, not a demand.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The thing with Pokemon is that almost every one of them have a unique body type and abilities its nearly hard for them to simply be echos. Pichu is a clone because, well, he's quite literally a younger Pikachu.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You would deny an angel?

Well I did too for Bernadette lmao
Seeing hiw I have Linhardt gor magic and Ashe and Ignatz and my Byleth for bows, I dont need Mercedes or Bernadette. Doesnt help I dont like Bernadette.

also my Ignatz grew up, now he is getting crits

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As I’ve said before, by no means do I expect 1st parties in the Fighter Pass. I have no reason to expect it if I’m being honest.

If I had my pick, I’d do one from Three Houses, Pokémon, or Astral Chain, especially considering I view Assist Trophies, Spirits, and other already present content as soft disconfirmations until I am proven otherwise.

If Edelgard were another sword user, I wouldn’t even bother. But if I’m picking a 1st party at this point, they better be able to do something that others can’t, regardless of the series they come from.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well I'm about to play for a bluegrass festival this weekend...

yay? Though honestly it IS the most fun I have out of any gig in the year...

Though we're playing a song called Flowers on the Wall by the Statley Brothers which........ oddly describes my life :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I stopped caring. That way if it turns out to be something I desire it can be a pleasant surprise.
Given

Brawl::olimar:

How

Sm4sh (Base)::4shulk:

Smash

Sm4sh (DLC)::4bayonetta:

Always

Smash (Base)::ultken::ultincineroar:

Ended up with anti-climatic final reveals I wouldn't bet on it tbh.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If they picked from Three Houses, while I could see Byleth get the pick because of Whip-Sword, I still feel that Edelgard would get the nod.

Maybe I’m biased, but the idea of an axe-wielding, Gambit using, heavy armor/summoner character would be kinda cool. It’s a new weapon, and a type of character we don’t have: female heavyweight. She’s also arguably the most popular character from the game...then again that couldn’t play a role if Three Houses wasn’t out when decisions were made. But if it’s true that Edelgard is being pushed more than the other two...

I will say the lack of spirits is odd. But I don’t know that I’ll be believing Three Houses is getting a playable pick in Smash. Not yet, anyway.

But if it does happen, Edelgard please!
You’ll get bernadetta Dorothea and like it!
ashe: snatched
linhardt: snatched
caspar: snatched

ingrid: doesn't want my ****ing tea

mercedes: denied
Are you just using tea for supports?

I needed a good armor and was at chapter 8. So I bought a **** ton of gifts and spammed hilda with them.

You just need the b support and then you can have them show up during off days, with a 20 percent chance each day. You could also invite them to dine or activities like the choir practice.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While I don't expect another Fighter's Pass (or bonus character) and don't expect first party characters, I'm curious if you could make another Fighter's Pass, 3 first party and 3 third party, what would your ideal Fighter's Pass #2 be?

For me, if I don't get any of my picks for the next two characters:

1. Crash
2. Sora
3. Dante

4. Toad (do the Project M move set, it's perfect)
5. Dixie Kong
6. Bandana Waddle Dee

Echoes are fine, though I didn't include echoes for mine because I feel like they are more heavily restricted than the type of characters I would like. Assist trophies are also fine, and if I did include them in mine, I would have chosen Bomberman and Waluigi.

Outside of missing Geno, Isaac and Shadow, this would be more than perfect for me.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Given

How

Smash

Always

???
Shulk and Bayo were DEFINITELY not anti-climatix reveals. Bayo had surprise factor since everyone considered her games too raunchy for Smash, and Shulk was hype for many, but the ESRB leak didn't help. And I wouldn't call Olimar anticlimatic.

Really, only Kencineroar were anticlimatic, but that was all the fault of the Grinch lol.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
???
Shulk and Bayo were DEFINITELY not anti-climating reveals. Bayo had surprise factor since everyone considered her games too raunchy for Smash, and Shulk was hype for many, but the ESRB leak didn't help. And I wouldn't call Olimar anticlimatic.

Really, only Kencineroar were anticlimatic, but that was all the fault of the Grinch lol.
Every debate and argument I've been has treated them as such. Dunno why then if that's the case.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I just made a twitter account like, yesterday, so this is funny to read.
Yeah me too

But Cartoon Networks hire there so I’m gonna make a portfolio and slap it into a twitter account lmao
It's probably not because of what you guys are thinking. Some celeb's raisin sack is trending. I've never heard of him before so it's a really weird first impression of him.

Given

How

Smash

Always

Sure, but those reveals are someone's favourite so it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Given

How

Smash

Always

The only one unhype for me was Shulk and that was due to the ESRB leak spoiling it for me. Other than that I sould say that Shulk, Bayo and Ken were pretty hype if you ask me. Olimar is good as well and Incineroar sold me on its trailer. That people had unrealistic expectations or apply revisionism in regards on how a character was received is another story.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Compared to Mega Man and CLOUD, Shulk and Bayonetta are on the more niche side. I wouldn’t use Bayonetta though, since she was still pretty popular and also an exception because of the ballot.

Nah, remember when they decided to reveal Corrin right after revealing CLOUD.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, the biggest thing that killed Cloud's hype was how little content he brought alongside with him. For being the most hyped up character in Smash 4 (besides Mega Man), he got virtually...

nothing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what do you all think of sound theory? At the very least I think it confirms that one other character pack will be someone with different alts.

Which I think really gives credit to the idea of a Leon/jill team

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Honestly, the biggest thing that killed Cloud's hype was how little content he brought alongside with him. For being the most hyped up character in Smash 4 (besides Mega Man), he got virtually...

nothing.
I overlooked most of it aside from music for Smash 4 because he was DLC.

Smash Ultimate makes it feel like a monkey paw wish.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are you just using tea for supports?

I needed a good armor and was at chapter 8. So I bought a **** ton of gifts and spammed hilda with them.
i do a healthy mix of both

i forgot to spam gift ingrid right before i started doing the sothis paralogue tho

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Most people would argue that they're anti-climatic given that :sonic:/:snake:, :4cloud:, :ultkrool:/:ultridley:/:ultsimon: all came before them in their respective cycles, but un-hype seems a little harsh
That's true, it would be a lot different if they saved those big reveals for the end.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel like everyone would have let it slide again after a while if it wasn't for Dragon Quest getting WAY more than Final Fantasy ever had.
Character 4 is Terra from FFVI bringing some content equal to what Persona and DQ got :(

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what do you all think of sound theory? At the very least I think it confirms that one other character pack will be someone with different alts.

Which I think really gives credit to the idea of a Leon/jill team
If you're talking about that Ultimate's sound test, here's an old post of mine:
This means nothing. We could, after getting the two remaining fighters, be stuck with one blank slot for the rest of our lives. Also they could easily add more rows if necessary.

People will make a theory out anything these days.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you're talking about that Ultimate's sound test, here's an old post of mine:
I’m pretty sure iirc the files were updated with the last patch. I could be mistaken there. Regardless if I’m not it means they fully intend to use the files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom