• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Me, "Guys, Brave is just how the Japanese refer to the DQ prota----"

Everyone, "BUT wHAT IF It MEANS THe CHArACTER iS REALLY BRAVE?!"
I remember when the consensus was that Brave was just a codename and not an actual name that the character would use in game.
Turns out it's literally just :ulthero:'s name translated from Japanese and boy do those people look silly now

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I remember when the consensus was that Brave was just a codename and not an actual name that the character would use in game.
Turns out it's literally just :ulthero:'s name translated from Japanese and boy do those people look silly now
Ironically, the only one that wasn't just their Japanese name was Joker.

Which is hella weird.

He didn't leak and we knew about him before the game even came out, why did he have the funny internal codename while Plant and Hero just had their names.... but Japanese.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
iirc, that one predates Incineroar being name dropped, back then we only knew "A gen 7 Pokemon" according to Verg.
Gothitelle is my favourite Gen 7 Pokemon.

I used to groan every time the Isaac thread would revive discussion over a leak that had Soren from Fire Emblem on it (obviously it had Isaac too). It had piggybacked Simon off Verg, had gotten the easy guess of K. Rool, and the not as easy guess of Chrom being a Roy echo, so it wouldn't die, but my god, I sounded like a broken record trying to impart how much Soren, a random supporting character from a decade+ old FE game, would never ever ever happen. Yet ofc, people still somehow took it to mean:

That was one of the classic bang-your-head-on-the-wall instances.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Which is hella weird.

He didn't leak and we knew about him before the game even came out, why did he have the funny internal codename while Plant and Hero just had their names.... but Japanese.
Watch Banjo have a really weird, extremely specific code name.

Like cocoa butter or something.

Shroob

Sup?

I used to groan every time the Isaac thread would revive discussion over a leak that had Soren from Fire Emblem on it (obviously it had Isaac too). I sounded like a broken record trying to impart how much Soren, a random supporting character from a decade+ old FE game, would never ever ever happen. But people still somehow took it to mean:

Ah yes, the Neogaf leak, right?

The "Galacta Knight is in" despite Meta Knight still having the skin that looks exactly like Galacta Knight, and we knew they nuked Samus' Dark Samus alt to make readability easier.

I loved that one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I used to groan every time the Isaac thread would revive discussion over a leak that had Soren from Fire Emblem on it (obviously it had Isaac too). It had piggybacked Simon off Verg, had gotten the easy guess of K. Rool, and the not as easy guess of Chrom being a Roy echo, so it wouldn't die, but my god, I sounded like a broken record trying to impart how much Soren, a random supporting character from a decade+ old FE game, would never ever ever happen. Yet ofc, people still somehow took it to mean:

Not to mention that Soren can't even wield swords.

I mean Smash has taken creative liberties before...but Robin's moveset is more sword-based then it is spell-based.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wonder if the puns used in reveal trailers are different in Japanese.
They don't have puns. Everyone just has a generic "Joins the Battle", aside from Ryu (maybe Ken too) who has the SF intro tag.

Shroob

Sup?
Not to mention that Soren can't even wield swords.

I mean Smash has taken creative liberties before...but Robin's moveset is more sword-based then it is spell-based.
Ah yeah, I remember that argument.

"Well the Levin Sword is small, and in this one path Soren can promote to use Daggers, so it makes total sense!"

I mean, they're not....wrong. But...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Wow!

One of my go to movie reviewers has uploaded a review of Three Houses

Certainly didn't expect that

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh boy i can take a woman to the goddess tower or something

i choose between the 2 introverts, catherine, or ingrid

im more worried about who to make a dancer though

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still surprised that apparently 3 Houses somehow salvaged what was left of Fire Emblem's dignity after Fire Emblem: Persona edition and Fates.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
If they picked from Three Houses, while I could see Byleth get the pick because of Whip-Sword, I still feel that Edelgard would get the nod.

Maybe I’m biased, but the idea of an axe-wielding, Gambit using, heavy armor/summoner character would be kinda cool. It’s a new weapon, and a type of character we don’t have: female heavyweight. She’s also arguably the most popular character from the game...then again that couldn’t play a role if Three Houses wasn’t out when decisions were made. But if it’s true that Edelgard is being pushed more than the other two...

I will say the lack of spirits is odd. But I don’t know that I’ll be believing Three Houses is getting a playable pick in Smash. Not yet, anyway.

But if it does happen, Edelgard please!
She seems pretty awesome but would they really add a villain over the main player character? Granted, if a series has a shot it’s probably FE, considering it already has a fairly robust selection of heroes playable. It’s just never been done yet.

Noipoi

Howdy!
One last thing before I go to sleep.

I’ve just heard from my brother’s uncle’s dog that the last dlc characters are Obstagoon from Pokémon and Hilda from Fire Emblem.

K good night.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm still surprised that apparently 3 Houses somehow salvaged what was left of Fire Emblem's dignity after Fire Emblem: Persona edition and Fates.
Personally I'd argue that Echoes did the brunt of the work. :p

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, Japanese fans really like music levels in Mario Maker. I saw one for Spider Dance from Undertale, and one of all things, the POTC theme.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm convinced I'm out of music to grind, even though it doesn't make any sense.

I have 873 music tracks and I haven't touched WoL yet.

And yet I've done every classic mode(With tickets) and I haven't gotten a single music drop, NOR have I had any music in the shop in days, it's just Spirits.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm convinced I'm out of music to grind, even though it doesn't make any sense.

I have 873 music tracks and I haven't touched WoL yet.

And yet I've done every classic mode(With tickets) and I haven't gotten a single music drop, NOR have I had any music in the shop in days, it's just Spirits.
Then start WoL and work through the challenges to get the rest of them. There's no notification for getting all the tracks anyway.

Shroob

Sup?
Then start WoL and work through the challenges to get the rest of them. There's no notification for getting all the tracks anyway.
That's the thing though.

There's only 10~ songs in WoL left and only 4 songs I'm missing from the board unless I'm completely blind(Doc Louis, and all 3 WoL bosses).

873+14 =/= 895

If my math is correct I'm missing a solid 8 songs that just don't exist.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Which is hella weird.

a lot of joker's files in general were codenamed to hell with jack/jane/doyle, so the disparity between him and hero literally just being the character name is bizarre

we'll need to see if banjo has a codename, though i wonder if the codenames were something they started using at early points of DLC development before realising (after jack/brave had been datamined) that it's easier to just scrub them from the code

Shroob

Sup?
I'm especially happy that the fanbase just makes meme instead of thirsting for Sothis or Flayn like I initially feared. Now I'm blessed with 3H themed vine compilations
*Nods like I understood any of that*

On second though, ignorance is bliss, I'd rather not know what any of that means.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*Nods like I understood any of that*

On second though, ignorance is bliss, I'd rather not know what any of that means.
gwen didnt want people wanting to **** things that looked like children

because they look like children

but now incels are out here trying to snag bernadetta or dorothea

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ironically, they did that being more Persona than TMS#FE was.

Shroob

Sup?
gwen didnt want people wanting to **** things that looked like children

because they look like children

but now incels are out here trying to snag bernadetta or dorothea
I think this is one rabbit hole I'm okay not going down.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
She seems pretty awesome but would they really add a villain over the main player character? Granted, if a series has a shot it’s probably FE, considering it already has a fairly robust selection of heroes playable. It’s just never been done yet.
Eh, she’s really not the villain she’s cracked up to be.

If you play her route, she’s not really evil imo.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>edelgard
>villain

1565694123972.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom