• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So in terms of sword fighters we got

Byleth
Dante
Lloyd Irving
Nightmare
Steve
Yuri Lowell

Anyone else I'm missing potentially?
Tbh, it always baffled me that most people imagine Steve as a straight up swordfighter

We're talking about a game that has you start out with nothing but your bare fists.

Not to mention, mining is a huge part as well (It's in the name and all), so he'd probably use his Pickaxe a lot too.

Steve would definitely be the type of character to have a ton of weapons at his disposable.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Will the Simpsons end when one of the main voice actors inevitably dies of old age, or will they replace the voice actors and keep the show going until the end of time?
The actors are long gone.

They're using the voices of their actor's souls to possess the characters to preserve the show until the end of time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see why Banjo was chosen over Steve. If people consider Hero “Items, The Character”, I can’t imagine how much work it’d need to take to create another considering the possibilities Steve has...
Steve could make for a very interesting moveset, he has some unique items he could use and he could place temporary blocks down or buff himself up temporarily by crafting armor and/or better tools/weapons after collecting enough resources.

I doubt either one would've been chosen over the other based on move consideration or whatever; just by some long-time fan demand and of course maybe some Nintendo association or Banjo was just thought about first.

Although Minecraft has some nice Nintendo association now so let's let that sink in~

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can see why Banjo was chosen over Steve. If people consider Hero “Items, The Character”, I can’t imagine how much work it’d need to take to create another considering the possibilities Steve has...
You know there's gonna be a character wackier than Hero, Steve or not. Smash always outdoes itself on having the most unorthodox, random characters every time.
Think about it. G&W was wacky and random in Melee, and now, he's considered to be fairly normal with some wackyness.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So uhhhh

Anyone here watch the anime Fire Force cause my dudes it is legit

Dare I say even... LIT

But seriously pls watch that **** it’s already shaping up to have very interesting lore, worldbuilding, storyline and characters I’m hopelessly hooked aaaaaaa
if only the op was as good as soul eaters

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
why don't we have three houses spirits yet when the link's awakening remake got some like two months ago

what are you up to, sakurai?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Will the Simpsons end when one of the main voice actors inevitably dies of old age, or will they replace the voice actors and keep the show going until the end of time?
Obviously they'll just get someone else. As long as those ratings stay up the show stays! Joy! Same reason shows like Spongebob and Family Guy hasn't ended long ago either.

Can't put them down as the sick dog it is.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
why don't we have three houses spirits yet when the link's awakening remake got some like two months ago

what are you up to, sakurai?
Is there official art for 3H yet? Maybe they don't want to make new spirits out of just the portrait art.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Is there official art for 3H yet? Maybe they don't want to make new spirits out of just the portrait art.
There’s some...
Edelgard
(Fire Emblem Series)
View attachment 233856

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman: Attack
Spirit Effects: Critical Hit ↑
Opponent: :ultzelda:(Black)
Rules: N/A
Conditions:
-The enemy is equipped with a Death’s Scythe
-The enemy prefers side smashes and down specials
-The enemy can unleash powerful critical hits at random
Stage: Castle Siege
Music Track: The Edge of Dawn (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) (Reward)
Alt. Track: Eternal Bond
Claude
(Fire Emblem Series)
View attachment 233857

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman: Grab
Spirit Effects: Critical Health Healing
Opponent: :ultdarkpit: (Yellow)
Conditions:
-The enemy prefers neutral specials
-The enemy heals over time
Dimitri
(Fire Emblem Series)
View attachment 233855

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman: Attack
Spirit Effects: Weapon Attack ↑
Opponent::ultcorrin: (Blue)
Conditions:
-The enemy prefers side specials and forward smashes
-

Context behind the song choice for all three is that I planned on having them be the starting spirits for an idea of a WoL DLC map, each would lead you down a separate path and beating the first one you pick would unlock the song. I have another similar map in mind with the Galar starters.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
You know there's gonna be a character wackier than Hero, Steve or not. Smash always outdoes itself on having the most unorthodox, random characters every time.
Think about it. G&W was wacky and random in Melee, and now, he's considered to be fairly normal with some wackyness.
Alright. In that case, who does everyone have in mind as a plausible wacky pick?

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's also Zacian

Look, you guys can wtite him off all you want, but if we're gonna consider Three Houses characters, then I get to shamelessly promote Zacian.
But what makes you so sure it’d be Zacian specifically? Cuz I’m kinda feelin Corviknight.

That is of course assuming it’s not one of the starters, which it almost certainly would be.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
there's art for the byleths, lords both pre- and post- timeskip, and sothis
that's probably enough for a spirit event then

I'm gonna say that either byleth is in or sakurai just really hates three houses and refuses to promote it

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can't for the life of me even attempt to play Smash good, and I'd rather not, since I just play for funsies. But playing online is the only method I have at playing other people at the moment, but I... keep... losing... every... time.

It’s a running gag between me and my buddy.

Thought I’d share it here, spread the laughs.

Guess not.
There are many running jokes that if I said in public I'd be shamed for all eternity. It sucks--wish people weren't judgmental so there wouldn't have to be that separation between casual/friendly and casual/public speech. I just want to be me.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So in terms of sword fighters we got

Byleth
Dante
Lloyd Irving
Nightmare
Steve
Yuri Lowell

Anyone else I'm missing potentially?
You'll never be able to list all the potential sword wielding candidates. Swords and video games go hand in hand.
Alright. In that case, who does everyone have in mind as a plausible wacky pick?
:ulthero:'s wacky, but nowhere near as wacky as Maxwell could be if his moveset was optimized.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
But what makes you so sure it’d be Zacian specifically? Cuz I’m kinda feelin Corviknight.

That is of course assuming it’s not one of the starters, which it almost certainly would be.
Aside from Obstagoon and the Legendaries, I don't think any of the current Gen 8 Pokemon would get in Smash. Corviknight might be a popular Pokemon, but I'm having a hard time picturing Sakurai choose it over easier and safer options.

Even though we got two starters in a row, I'm feeling a little more confident in a Lucario situation this time; someone who isn't a starter getting in. I don't think Sakurai would go for the fire type two times in a row. Sobble's evo? Maybe, but again, we got a water type in Smash 4, and I think Sakurai would be discouraged to add it because of that. Grookey's is the only one Sakurai would be completely fine with, but even then, the description we have of it from that one rumor makes me think it'd be the most difficult of the three in terms of designing a character who would easily fit into a fast-paced fighting game like Smash.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person left who's praying for Rex to still make it in somehow.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's also Zacian

Look, you guys can wtite him off all you want, but if we're gonna consider Three Houses characters, then I get to shamelessly promote Zacian.
While I was ****posting when I said they'd go with a new trainer to promote Pokemon Masters instead, I think it fits the idea of DLC being unexpected better:
  • Going with the new spinoff instead of the mainline game
  • If they choose a trainer for their popularity, it'd be the first time since Brawl that a Pokemon newcomer was chosen for that
  • Some trainers being associated with Pokemon with unusual body types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom