• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe Tails is out of the question because he's already suffered enough in fan-art alone. Being beaten up in a fighting game is just OOF :yoshi:
He already can get his head crushed in Sonic the Fighters. He'll be fine.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why go after any other Waifu in Three Houses when you could be Emperor consort? A woman of ambition and empathy?

It’s not like that’s what I did or anything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So aside from what’s already in Smash, what areas/locations from the Pokémon series would make good stages for a dedicated Pokémon Smash game?
Distortion World
That Volcano Top in the Orre games
National Park for something chill
Sootopolis from R/S/E
That Burning Tower from Gen 2
Any of the Bridges from Gen 5
Ultra Space

MainJPW

M.T.A
Maybe Tails is out of the question because he's already suffered enough in fan-art alone. Being beaten up in a fighting game is just OOF :yoshi:
There's like 3 fighting games where he can be curbstomped in, so that's not an issue.

And you don't wan't me to bring up Yoshi's fanart...do you?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh I still enjoy their movesets don't get me wrong, there's enough differences between Link and Toon Link that I can switch between both and not feel like it's the exact same experience.

I can get having one of the extra links being similar to another, but now that we have 3 I would've really liked for them to have gone crazy with the last one. Give heme a Toon Link that uses the Skull Hammer and Deku Leaf, or (my personal favorite) a Mask wielding Young Link.

It just feels like further missed opportunities for a series that has historically felt like it's been poorly represented.

Also don't get me started on Ganondorf. It's telling that one character having a sword was one of the highlights of the entire "Everyone Is Here" direct for me.
When I think about it, we have so much MM content already in the game, and I'm surprised YL couldn't bring at least something from it. Or maybe it's just the fact that most of the Links don't really use many items even while having a lot to use in their own games that baffles me.

I'd like to see how a Link would work with even more weapons to choose from (for smash attacks, specials, etc.) here.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
@ryumo the Zekenator
I'm gonna elaborate as well.

Is said organization lucrative? Doesn't count since it's a non-profit. So I'm not going to be living large and in charge at all.

But that doesn't automatically mean it won't be decent in compensation. Sure, it's not going to be a high-tier paying job. But that doesn't rule out that it won't be adequate. And besides, what if there's still a decent package with it alongside the pay? I know it's full-time for sure and that was confirmed, so it's a start.

I'm angry. This whole discouragement stance that I'm experiencing is mostly based on speculation, not tangible, factual information. And it ticks me off to literally no end.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why go after any other Waifu in Three Houses when you could be Emperor consort? A woman of ambition and empathy?

It’s not like that’s what I did or anything.
Isn't this game about recruiting kids into joining your gang/army? ***** why would I care getting this Byleth ***** hitched? We gotta get the squad ready to run these streets.

The Squad.jpg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's like 3 fighting games where he can be curbstomped in, so that's not an issue.

And you don't wan't me to bring up Yoshi's fanart...do you?
I know of two of those, being Sonic Battle and Sonic The Fighters. What's the last one? Virtua Fighter franchise with him as a guest or something?

Also, I won't lie, Sonic Battle does a way better job as portraying the characters. They actually emote. Feel pain, etc.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I swear to God if Smashboards crashes one more time when I'm trying to post, I'm throwing this laptop out the window.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not related to anything we're talking about, but I ****s with the fact that Kurapika's version of Kaioken is called "Emperor Time".

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know of two of those, being Sonic Battle and Sonic The Fighters. What's the last one? Virtua Fighter franchise with him as a guest or something?

Also, I won't lie, Sonic Battle does a way better job as portraying the characters. They actually emote. Feel pain, etc.
I still think it’d be cool to see a new Sonic fighting game sometime soon, still have ideas for that as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I actually don’t know. I was gonna say it was Fighters Megamix. But he wasn’t in that one. Only Bean the Dynamite and Bark the Polar Bear.....

I is confuzled

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So aside from what’s already in Smash, what areas/locations from the Pokémon series would make good stages for a dedicated Pokémon Smash game?
Lavender Pokemon Tower (Red and Blue)
Aether Paradise (Sun and Moon)
Game Corner (Various)
Mt Silver (Gold and Silver)
SS Anne (Red and Blue)
Seafolk Village (Sun and Moon)
Pokestar Studios (Black 2 and White 2)
Pallet Town (Red and Blue)
Cinnabar Island (Red and Blue)
Mauvile City Interior (Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Isn't this game about recruiting kids into joining your gang/army? ***** why would I care getting this Byleth ***** hitched? We gotta get the squad ready to run these streets.

View attachment 234255
Let me tell you, if you’re a teacher, you need somebody to vent or who you can talk to. It’s brutal sometimes.

Do Byleth a favor and get him/her married!

(Not that marrying somebody fixes everything; far from it. But it helps in terms of dealing with the life of a teacher)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Any potential Pokémon Smash stages that could allow for the stage to take place on the back of a giant Pokémon? Like an Avalugg, Torterra Or Wailord?
Whatever it is, I hope it isn't just large parade floats of Pokemon flying about...

I mean, who'd think of doing something like that? :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let me tell you, if you’re a teacher, you need somebody to vent or who you can talk to. It’s brutal sometimes.

Do Byleth a favor and get him/her married!

(Not that marrying somebody fixes everything; far from it. But it helps in terms of dealing with the life of a teacher)
A warrior can only truly love the art of fighting.

Evil Ryu Alpha Ver.gif

I don't have the game, nor really want it. I'm just ****posting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its so lame that Three Houses, a game all about unit customization, has genderlocked classes again.

Hildas been tearing it up with Gauntlets for me, but with War Master being male only I have no idea what I'm going to end up making her Master Class. She only has two options that aren't mounted.

Time to change her goals to swords and reason I guess.
Put her on a wyvern and she legitimately becomes one of the best units on Claude's route.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of fighting games. I hope Virtua Fighter gets a new game, so many franchises got to make a comeback. It'd be really crazy if Axel, Blaze, and Adam from Streets of Rage also got to be in it. Like how Yoshimitsu gets in every Soul Calibur game or Final Fight characters in Street Fighter titles. Or SamSho characters popping up in KoF every once in a while.

I guess Kiryu too, since people wanted him in Tekken.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wish they would allow stages from other existing crossovers. I'd love to see some Pokkén Tournament stages reimagined in Smash, or at least borrow some of the music tracks. Magikarp Festival not being in Ultimate is a sin.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I actually don’t know. I was gonna say it was Fighters Megamix. But he wasn’t in that one. Only Bean the Dynamite and Bark the Polar Bear.....

I is confuzled
It's Fighting Vipers. Basically, Sonic was inserted into the game as a joke, along with Tails (who acts as his 2P colour). This was shown to Yuji Naka and led to the development of Sonic the Fighters which runs on a modified Fighting Vipers engine.
Um...

That was a joke...
I just wanted to show Tails getting his ass kicked.
Also please do :yoshi:

We'll have to take this somewhere else.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Put her on a wyvern and she legitimately becomes one of the best units on Claude's route.
That was the other option I was looking at, but I'll really miss quad striking with gauntlets if I do that.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Finally beat the Crimson Flower path of Three Houses.

Aside from Byleth and Edelgard, Ferdinand was without a doubt my MVP. Once I made him a paladin he could kill just about anything.

I'm debating if I should do Blue Lions or Golden Deer next. I'm more so leaning on Blue Lions because I want to know why the hell Dimitri goes berserk.

D

Deleted member

@ryumo the Zekenator
I'm gonna elaborate as well.

Is said organization lucrative? Doesn't count since it's a non-profit. So I'm not going to be living large and in charge at all.

But that doesn't automatically mean it won't be decent in compensation. Sure, it's not going to be a high-tier paying job. But that doesn't rule out that it won't be adequate. And besides, what if there's still a decent package with it alongside the pay? I know it's full-time for sure and that was confirmed, so it's a start.

I'm angry. This whole discouragement stance that I'm experiencing is mostly based on speculation, not tangible, factual information. And it ticks me off to literally no end.
Oh, I see now. I kinda understand your dad in regards of that perception but aside from maybe the pay, normally these kind of organizations are great opportunities to learn and make connections. Pretty much depends how established the organization is and how much risk it carries. Plus if your goals are aligned with it, you will probably find yourself liking the job a lot.

Honestly the best way to put it is that low income is better than no income, and if the organization is relatively well established I don't think compensation is something you would have to worry much.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Well, watched the Rocko’s Modern Life special on Netflix and it was alright, but I still like the 90’s version a bit better because it’s what I grew up with. :)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Any potential Pokémon Smash stages that could allow for the stage to take place on the back of a giant Pokémon? Like an Avalugg, Torterra Or Wailord?
I’ve thought that Pokefloats could have a stretched out Avalugg balloon as the omega stage. Of course that’d be in a version of Pokefloats where the Pokémon are actually balloons, which is something I’d absolutely love.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
he's the only character where being gay means something .
Linhardt... Gay...

*Loading Please Wait...*

Wait. Linhardt is gay?!

*checks*

WHAT THE **** HOW THE **** DID I NOT ****ING NOTICE THIS?!

Welp, guess who's getting more tea times.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The greatest act of defiance I’ve ever performed was buying more video games when my dad told me to stop buying video games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What do you guys think of another Sonic rep in smash? Tbh as popular as Sonic is i'm surprised there's only one playable character in smash.
It still baffles me how we have so many great matchups,

But we can’t have sonic and tails vs Mario and Luigi. I’d argue even eggman is very iconic and should be playable.

But tails first and foremost. I hope we get tails someday but it’s cool to get persona content and as another sega rep. To bad billy Hatcher isn’t iconic or relevant enough to be playable though

StormC

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of another Sonic rep in smash? Tbh as popular as Sonic is i'm surprised there's only one playable character in smash.
Dr. Eggman is my pipe dream Never Ever. Honestly might be more excited about him than any other character left joining Smash. I assume for the forseeable future though third parties will not double dip on unique fighters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom