• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
No, that's not true--and not a fan of insinuating you know someone's ulterior intentions/motivations. A person can think a game/franchise is most notable for the world rather than the characters, especially in the games where the character is an avatar or generic archetype, without hating on the characters or the franchise themselves. If you disagree and believe the characters in a particular franchise are important, that's fine, but you can't dismiss an opinion because you don't like it.

And to that full stop, I (respectively) disagree. There are many ways to represent a character, despite speculation focusing primarily on characters--and I don't believe having a character is always best. I'd love Tetris to be represented more than music--as a stage--but trying to make the blocks into a character is, IMHO, just shoehorning it in, and not actually faithfully representing the series.

Disagreeing on a particular point is fine--Agree to disagree if you'd rather not argue an actual point, but saying "that opinion is wrong and you just don't like the character" comes across as unnecessary and unhelpful.
Well, that's why I said usually, obviously it's not the case for everybody. I agree with you about the stuff with tetris though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There isn't a true route though
Thematically, based on things that happen in the game involving a number of different characters and circumstances, I would agree with Gentlepanda Gentlepanda that there kinda is. It's just that it's basically subjective, so it kinda means nothing.

Regardless of what you pick though, you're sure to have a good story ahead. Intelligent Systems did a really great job with this one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
alright time to play three houses baby

which house do i choose and how are you going to assassinate me before i pick golden deer
Psssh, just sayin', pick what you want, every route have good writting but different persective, which will give you a different opinion on some characters for sure, but to me, it's what make it fun.

Just pick some students from the Blue Lions and we're cool, OK?:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

One year ago today when it seemed impossible the kremling king,kaptian,mad scientist,and heavy weight boxing champion king k rool has been announced for super smash bros ultimate and returned to take back his glory you can say that this was his finest hour.:ultkrool:
3002EBA6-66A5-4682-8649-19A9D5C514EF.jpeg

But then got buried by banjo & kazooie 10 months later

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
there isn't

but there also kinda is
yeah i get it, it's not the true ending but it has the most going for it

aint the first time games do this, chrono triggers got like 20 routes

Psssh, just sayin', pick what you want, every route have good writting but different persective, which will give you a different opinion on some characters for sure, but to me, it's what make it fun.

Just pick some students from the Blue Lions and we're cool, OK?:4pacman:
im not gonna do it just to spite you trying to tell me what to do

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
yeah i get it, it's not the true ending but it has the most going for it

aint the first time games do this, chrono triggers got like 20 routes

im not gonna do it just to spite you trying to tell me what to do
Wow, You aren't going to get Felix then?
DJ0a9aqUIAEpFNH.jpg

Shame for you then, but that's your choice.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
honestly the ending that me and Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones played first is kinda weird cause
compared to the other routes, it actually feels like a bit of an afterthought - the timeskip reunion gets no cg cutscene (whereas the other routes do, even the alternate path of this specific route), only has 18 chapters next to the others 21/22, and leaves a fairly significant threat to be dealt with in ending text instead of taking it on yourself

i like the story itself the best out of the ones i've played so far because it feels like the most satisfying ending narratively-speaking to me, but the way it seems to have been shortchanged in development is quite odd

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My favorite thing about Three Houses is the fact that you can recruit basically all but a few students. They make the game. I recruited them all mainly because I didn't want to have to kill them later...it's bad enough imagining a student at my job dying. It's super, super worth recruiting them all.

My final team was a mix of all three of Black Eagles, Blue Lions, and Golden Deer. It wasn't really because I planned it that way, it just happened. I think it was...Byleth, Edelgard, Hubert, Ferdinand, Petra, Felix, Lysithea, Dorothea, Leonie, Sylvain, Raphael, and Linhardt. So mostly Black Eagles, but had 2-3 from each of the other 2. Really satisfying.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Part of me wonders if that's potentially a DLC story they might follow up on. I just don't know how that would work if you haven't played the Black Eagles.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
My favorite thing about Three Houses is the fact that you can recruit basically all but a few students. They make the game. I recruited them all mainly because I didn't want to have to kill them later...it's bad enough imagining a student at my job dying. It's super, super worth recruiting them all.

My final team was a mix of all three of Black Eagles, Blue Lions, and Golden Deer. It wasn't really because I planned it that way, it just happened. I think it was...Byleth, Edelgard, Hubert, Ferdinand, Petra, Felix, Lysithea, Dorothea, Leonie, Sylvain, Raphael, and Linhardt. So mostly Black Eagles, but had 2-3 from each of the other 2. Really satisfying.

Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Part of me wonders if that's potentially a DLC story they might follow up on. I just don't know how that would work if you haven't played the Black Eagles.
problem is that
the other routes all deal with the threat in question in quite spectacular fashion

it could've been added on easily after chapter 18 to make it like the others, but for whatever reason they decided to just stop it short at 18 and leave it to "oh and the threat was dealt with in due course"

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
If the DLC doesn't let me have tea time with the death knight it might as well be WORTHLESS

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw the ace attorney discussion a few pages back and I’m baffled.

How does a character who consistently ranks top 5-10 . In addition, the franchise sells pretty well and has always been a solid support to Capcom when some of their other titles have had weaker entries.

It’s also been around since the gameboy and a a huge Nintendo exclusive until the more recent ports. He’s very recognizable and even a big channel like gamegrumps is playing through the series now.

They actually stopped uploading it for like 3 weeks and had huge demand from their audience to keep it going and more frequently.

If all this doesn’t convince anyone that Ace Attorney is a huge franchise that could bring the hype, then I honestly don’t know what would.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If the DLC doesn't let me have tea time with the death knight it might as well be WORTHLESS
Who the **** care about the Death Knight's favourite tea?

GIVE ME TEA TIME WITH GATEKEEPER IS, YOU COWARDS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I’m actually on the chapter death knight shows up in. I’m at chapter five of the blue lions and the town was talking all about the death knight this month.

I’ve been trying to recruit Bernadetta, but I’m not there yet

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I am actually pretty intrigued by the DLC though since it promises new characters. I really hope it's not just Anna or something.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
jokes on you i dont even know who felix is yet
Wrong, you probably already know his son.

Yeah, Three Houses is actually a FE X Disney crossover.

What a twist.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kinna messed up how Wreck it Ralph isn't in Super Smash Bro. He's gonna wreck it someday :urg:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wreck-it Ralph is one of the few characters I specifically remember voting for in the Smash ballot...

Don't know why I thought he had a chance. I was just a dumb 16 year old Disney fanatic who really wanted him to reunite with Bowser, Ryu, Sonic, Pac-Man, and the like

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wreck-it Ralph is one of the few characters I specifically remember voting for in the Smash ballot...

Don't know why I thought he had a chance, I was just a dumb 16 year old Disney fanatic who really wanted him to reunite with Bowser, Ryu, Sonic, and Pac-Man
You could have pick Cat Mario but you choose Ralph instead.

smh right now, what a poor choice. :/

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
wow, it's been a year since the 8/8 direct. To celebrate, let's take a look at my incredibly inaccurate prediction roster from just after the direct.
august roster.png

remember Skull Kid?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
wow, it's been a year since the 8/8 direct. To celebrate, let's take a look at my incredibly inaccurate prediction roster from just after the direct.
View attachment 234071

remember Skull Kid?
Skull Kid would've been an awesome character. Shame he and many of the other cool Zelda characters are assist trophies. Still think Rayman deserves a spot tho!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 234071

remember Skull Kid?
Oh god not the chairs again I’m starting to remember that infamous theory

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom