• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; flaming
Guess who has the world record for fastest uninstall of a video game now
Imagine being this salty towards a fictional work.

This is incredibly pathetic and says a great deal about you. :4pacman:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I also decided to try Holmes and Watson just to see how bad it was.

I rage-quit at the 20 minute mark. I was on double speed too, to give some perspective.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Did anyone here actually see Aladdin? Genie looks perfectly fine in it.
Are you kidding me? CGI looks really awful and spotty not to mention all they did was make Will Smith blue and made him bigger.

Now compare that to Robins Williams Genie. The Genie we all know and love.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Are you kidding me? CGI looks really awful and spotty not to mention all they did was make Will Smith blue and made him bigger.

Compare that to the Genie we all know and love. He's nothing.
You didn't answer his question.

D

Deleted member

you know what
League of Legends representation in Smash would make a lot of sense
Think about it: if they wanted to represent the Online/PC era of Gaming, it's either TF2 or LoL

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I normally don't have too much to say about these live-action remakes because I just don't watch them. Got no interest in doing so. Lion King I'll make an exception because it's literally all CG animals done in a realistic manner, so there's no actual "live action" in it. So the lack of emotion in the animation feels even less worth it.

Other than that, just vote with your wallet and all that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
...The Hunchback of Notre Dame is almost certainly going to be MUCH darker than the original. Look what they did with the stage adaptation. They brought it much closer to the book.

I know we're in fearmongering mode, but Hunchback is honestly the movie that makes the most amount of sense to do a live action remake of.
If none of their films as of late has been as dark as 90's Hunchback was. I doubt that they will tbh.

Given Hunchback's villain was an old man lusting over an beautiful young woman in her mid-late 20's and even had a song about it. You really think that'll sit well with kids and parents will be fine with that given they complain about the smallest things today?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you know what
League of Legends representation in Smash would make a lot of sense
Think about it: if they wanted to represent the Online/PC era of Gaming, it's either TF2 or LoL
dawg do you have no respect for the internet elders?

MapleStory
World of Warcraft
the ****ing grandfather of them all, RuneScape

MMOs are my heart and soul man, they were my early 2000s childhood

World of Warcraft though
See?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did anyone here actually see Aladdin? Genie looks perfectly fine in it.
It’s not actually that bad. I think it just through people off a bit the first time. From the trailers, though? Not a fan of his personality.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just waiting for Street Fighter V to end so your boy can watch some Tekken.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If none of their films as of late has been as dark as 90's Hunchback was. I doubt that they will tbh.

Given Hunchback's villain was an old man lusting over an beautiful young woman in her mid-late 20's. You really think that'll sit well with kids and parents will be fine with that given they complain about the smallest things today?
Once again, Hunchback has always been the exception. Again, have you seen what they did with the stage version? Typically the stage adaptations are arguably more family friendly than even the movies (The Madness of King Scar aside). They literally made the stage version of Hunchback a much closer adaptation of the book

right down to Esmeralda and Quasimodo dying, Quasimodo throwing Frollo off Notre Dame, and several other things removed from the animated film

They're almost certainly going for a PG13 with it. Hell, live action Jungle Book was MUCH darker than the animated version.

This is fearmongering.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People gonna talk about world of warcraft but they're really sleeping on RuneScape. Jagex is still very much alive, and so is RuneScape. They have three RuneScapes out right now. Can't say much for World of Warcraft, perhaps back in its glory days.

well i mean which would go better with the rest of the Smash cast:
Both of them could equally do it, you're just biased for cartoons or furry creatures, sometimes both. :nifty:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once again, Hunchback has always been the exception. Again, have you seen what they did with the stage version? Typically the stage adaptations are arguably more family friendly than even the movies (The Madness of King Scar aside). They literally made the stage version of Hunchback a much closer adaptation of the book

right down to Esmeralda and Quasimodo dying, Quasimodo throwing Frollo off Notre Dame, and several other tjings removed from the animated film

They're almost certainly going for a PG13 with it. Hell, live action Jungle Book was MUCH darker than the animated version.

This is fearmongering.
Stage adaptions differ from movies by a far margin. Why also make any live-action remake adaptions to any of the movies for that matter to begin with which they never should had done when we already have the animated classics we can stick to and perfect as they are?

Again parents nowadays. They'll complain how dark it is given said old man lusting over young woman. For kids y'all!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People gonna talk about world of warcraft but they're really sleeping on RuneScape. Jagex is still very much alive, and so is RuneScape. They have three RuneScapes out right now. Can't say much for World of Warcraft, perhaps back in its glory days.

Both of them could equally do it, you're just biased for cartoons or furry creatures, sometimes both. :nifty:
Touche, Mr. Will

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stage adaptions differ from movies by a far margin. Why also make any live-action remake adaptions to any of the movies for that matter to begin with which they never should had done when we already have the animated classics we can stick to and perfect as they are?

Again parents nowadays. They'll complain how dark it is given said old man lusting over young woman. For kids y'all!
Once again, have you so much as seen a single frame of the live action Jungle Book? Your argument is baseless.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once again, have you so much as seen a single frame of the live action Jungle Book? Your argument is baseless.
I mean you can simply re-release the original animated classics. They'd still make lot of money given kids and nostalgic folks will go see them again on the big screen.

Another reason why these live-action films are pointless lacking the soul they have from the animated films.

I bet you they're gonna make Frollo a young man in his 30s or so given Timothy Q. Mouse gets removed from Dumbo, then Ariel being made black.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
actually i think im gonna ask what people think about MMO characters cause it's really facsinating to think about

i mean the big big boys have been here since the beginning of the century, they're pretty old boys now

StormC

Smash Hero

Now compare that to Robins Williams Genie. The Genie we all know and love.
So you didn't see the movie. Can't blame you, the marketing and initial teaser were bad, but Genie looks perfectly fine in the actual movie with finished CGI.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So you didn't see the movie. Can't blame you, the marketing and initial teaser were bad, but Genie looks perfectly fine in the actual movie with finished CGI.
Like Wario Bros. I don't intend to give Disney any of my money to these soulless live-action films and tend to keep it that way sticking to the classics instead.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While on Detective Pikachu, I wonder if Legendary Pictures is still going forth with their promise on working on a sequel (they announced such 4 months before the film even came out)
But with Ryan Reynalds no longer in the body of Pikachu, I'm struggling with what they plan to do.
How about a movie where every Pokemon talks, because only Pokemon are there! To make it less weird for viewers, why not make the protagonist a human in a Pokemon's body. The plot could deal with... i don't know, gears of time or whatever. Maybe make a new form of Dialga to tie in with it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How about a movie where every Pokemon talks, because only Pokemon are there! To make it less weird for viewers, why not make the protagonist a human in a Pokemon's body. The plot could deal with... i don't know, gears of time or whatever. Maybe make a new form of Dialga to tie in with it?
Live-Action Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? ;)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Like Wario Bros. I don't intend to give Disney any of my money to these soulless live-action films and tend to keep it that way sticking to the classics instead.

I said before these live-action films only do so well due to nostalgia and Disney being labelled on them despite low ratings and review. Its the power of Disney after all.
So you're just going to judge it without seeing it for yourself? I mean look at Shazam, you were practically ****ting on all DC films and now you think differently after seeing it. :bobomb: I mean I'm just sayin'.

D

Deleted member

YO HOLY ****
MYSTERY DUNGEON MOVIE
YES ****ING PLEASE

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So you're just going to judge it without seeing it for yourself? I mean look at Shazam, you were practically ****ting on all DC films and now you think differently after seeing it. :bobomb: I mean I'm just sayin'.
That's different though. Shazam! wasn't a pointless live-action remake of something that wasn't needed.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean you can simply re-release the original animated classics. They'd still make lot of money given kids and nostalgic folks will go see them again on the big screen.

Another reason why these live-action films are pointless lacking the soul they have from the animated films.
You're missing my point so I'm going to make it abundantly clear.

Kaa is implied to be killed by Bagheera, Shere Khan is explicitly killed by Mowgli, and Akela is SHOWN getting killed by Shere Khan to the point where I believe you see his decomposed bones at a later point in the film.

They're not going to make a lighthearted Hunchback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi To add on to what I said earlier, don’t focus on who you were then. Focus on who you are now, We all make mistakes, and we learn from those.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
YThey're not going to make a lighthearted Hunchback.
I definitely can't wait to see them make Frollo younger.

First Timothy Q. Mouse gets removed from Dumbo, Mushu and Shang gets removed from Mulan and now Ariel is made black. Can't wait for Jiminey Cricket getting removed as well!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That's fine, but you can't really judge the finished product if you haven't actually seen it.

Of the four I've seen - BATB, Lion King, Aladdin, and Jungle Book - the former two felt too similar/safe, while the latter two offered a lot of fresh takes on the subject material (especially Jungle Book). Aladdin is genuinely one of the most fun movies I've seen this year, but I understand why people find it distasteful.

Will Smith absolutely killed it, though. Robin Williams would be proud.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just saying though there are movies where you can tell its bad without seeing it. Twilight? Bayformers? Fifty Shades of Grey? Ring any bells?

Shows there's movies you can judge without seeing them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I definitely can't wait to see them make Frollo younger.

First Timothy Q. Mouse gets removed from Dumbo, Mushu and Shang gets removed from Mulan and now Ariel is made black. Can't wait for Jiminey Cricket as well!
If you're one of the people who is actually upset that they made Ariel black then I think we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom