• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Also, just because a movie is Disney, doesn't mean it's gonna get rave reviews and ratings. Remember Mars Meets Moms? A movie that completely KILLED a new genre of animation? How about John Carter? That movie was supposed to be a whole franchise, but it did so bad that it cancelled completely.
Too bad about John Carter. That's a fun movie. Didn't see until recently, but I really enjoyed it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still shuddering over how CGI Stitch is gonna look and I already can tell he won't be pretty...

Disney STOP!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah its ending honestly makes me feel its better being one of those standalone films although I'm not against the idea of a sequel given its potential given its premise with crime solving.
I'll argue otherwise. The main draw of Detective Pikachu wasn't the story but rather seeing the world of Pokemon come to life, and there's still a ton of places and pokemon we haven't seen yet. There's a lot of room for them to expand their world building.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll argue otherwise. The main draw of Detective Pikachu wasn't the story but rather seeing the world of Pokemon come to life, and there's still a ton of places and pokemon we haven't seen yet. There's a lot of room for them to expand their world building.
Fair point yeah it didn't occur to me until now they can do other spin-offs that could otherwise connect.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, nobody cared for the Alice Sequel (remember that), and Dumbo did HORRENDOUS, dissappointing numbers and reviews all around.
B-But Mighty...They weren't 90's Disney renesseience remakes...:crying:

The most popular era of Disney movies.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DreamWorks better not get the same idea. I do not want Toothless, our beloved lovable dragon being touched with a 100 meter cattle prod!

D

Deleted member

So, apparently FNAF’s 5th anniversary is coming soon, so I thought I’d ask, from what you guys know, what are your thoughts on it, honestly?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So, apparently FNAF’s 5th anniversary is coming soon, so I thought I’d ask, from what you guys know, what are your thoughts on it, honestly?
I don't think the game is bad, I like the idea of a chuck e cheese horror game. It's probably a bit overrated though imo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lilo and Stitch doesn't need a live action.

It'd be neat, since it's a favorite of mine, but I don't think you capture that movie's tone in live action without it bordering on being too harsh for kids.

It's about a young woman raising her kid sister after their parents died in a car crash and half the movie's drama comes from their grief. Playing that out in live action with a real little girl actress might be really really really emotionally rough for the kiddies in the audience.

D

Deleted member

FNAF is not a flawless game by any means, but I personally enjoy it. The people behind it are very passionate about it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finished Venom. Here are some quick thoughts:

+: Enjoyed Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock. He was the best actor in the movie by far.
+: Venom and Eddie have good interactions and they stay faithful to the comic book version of the character.
+: The Eddie Brock story arc makes you root for him, while also making you realize that he's still far from perfect, and Venom makes things harder. The anti-hero aspect of Venom that is part of the comics is portrayed well.
-: The acting in general feels miscast as a whole. Aside from Hardy, nobody else impressed me. The main villain was especially blaise and feels awkward.
-: Tonal shifting was throughout the film. It tries to be a dark horror mystery thriller while also inserting light-hearted comedy and one-liners throughout the film. It feels out of place and they would've been wiser to have it be a straight dark film rather than insert clumsy humor throughout. You *CAN* have multiple tones throughout the film, but it needs to be at the right time and place. When a tone shift happens, it always feels mis-timed.
-: Characters as a whole feel forgettable and uninteresting aside from Eddie/Venom.

Those are my major points about the film. I think ANYTHING that involves the main character is excellent, and I loved seeing his story throughout the movie. But everything surrounding him feels... off. I don't think it's an awful movie, but I wouldn't call it great either.

On my movie and tv rating tier list... I'm going to place Venom in D TIER (or lower-mid if you prefer). It does a few things incredibly well, and the main character and his arc saves the movie from being a film I dislike. But, due to the weak supporting cast and awkward tonal shifts, I found Venom to be average. It's certainly a film you can get something good out of it, but I'm not too crazy on it in the end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Disney better not touch The Emperor's New Groove

You can't remake perfection
I mean, they probably won't.

Most people don't remember but it actually didn't do too well at the box office.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Are any of the live action disney movies even good? I still can't get over will smith as the genie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lilo and Stitch doesn't need a live action.

It'd be neat, since it's a favorite of mine, but I don't think you capture that movie's tone in live action without it bordering on being too harsh for kids.

It's about a young woman raising her kid sister after their parents died in a car crash and half the movie's drama comes from their grief. Playing that out in live action with a real little girl actress might be really really really emotionally rough for the kiddies in the audience.
Unfortunately though that's among one of the films Disney has planned as their next batch of live-action remakes.

https://screenrant.com/disney-upcoming-movies-live-action-animation-remakes/

And worst of all they're having the nerve to touch Hunchback! HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME! :hulk:

Bad enough it'll obviously be not as dark as the original film. Can't also wait for them to remove Jiminey Cricket from the live-action Pinocchio film because they want him to prove himself on his own as a real boy. Joy...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

there's probably a more iconic League of Legends character that would be picked if any of them got in, but my personal pick (again, if any) would be Yuumi
1564951943033.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unfortunately though that's among one of the films Disney has planned as their next batch of live-action remakes.

https://screenrant.com/disney-upcoming-movies-live-action-animation-remakes/

And worst of all they're having the nerve to touch Hunchback! HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME! :hulk:

Bad enough it'll obviously be not as dark as the original film. Can't also wait for them to remove Jiminey Cricket from the live-action Pinocchio film because they want him to prove himself on his own as a real boy. Joy...
...The Hunchback of Notre Dame is almost certainly going to be MUCH darker than the original. Look what they did with the stage adaptation. They brought it much closer to the book.

I know we're in fearmongering mode, but Hunchback is honestly the movie that makes the most amount of sense to do a live action remake of.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey, show some respect
Will tried his damn hardest, and went so far as to admit that he could never be better than Robin Williams was
Nope I will never have any respect for these cash grab soulless live action remakes when I have the animated classics to stick to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom