• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna take the dogs down with my dad to this park known as the Cascades where there's a nice watering hole to swim in then watching 1997's Anaconda tonight. Good fun entertaining creature flick I hadn't watched in a long while.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
DuckTales and RWBY are pretty much the only shows I'm following right now. There's others but they're on hiatus (not unlike DuckTales itself admittedly...)

The ducks sadly won't be airing any new episodes until the month of my birthday, while I'm still behind on RWBY and am in the process of catching up (I'm at Volume 4 right now).

By the way, to anyone who hasn't watched DuckTales, watch DuckTales. It's great.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only two films left this year I'm really anticipated for is It: Chapter Two and Ad Astra.

Although I'm really intrigued with Gemini Man but not sure if I'd say I'm anticipated for that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ay can i recommend a web animated series

cause I wanna recommend TWO, actually

First is Camp Camp, this show is HILARIOUS and has a lot of wholesome moments too. Be warned, though, there's a fair amount of swearing, crude jokes and references that might fly over some people's heads.

Second is gen:LOCK, which has an awesome story and the most natural portrayal of a diverse cast I've seen. oh- and it premieres on Toonami on Adult Swim TONIGHT.

...and they're both by Rooster Teeth, the peeps behind RWBY and Red vs. Blue!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After I finished Hunter X Hunter I just started watching that old WILD C.A.T.S cartoon. It's not quite as dope as the Spider-Man/X-Men shows of the 90's, let alone the GOAT Batman and Superman shows of the same decade. And it's easily the most "WHOA DUDE 90'S" of the bunch believe it or not. Despite that it's still fairly enjoyable. Grifter and Maul being the best characters so far. Spartan's kind of bland though.

I've seen the Spawn show plenty of times, but it might be unfair to compare since that show was on HBO and had Keith David voicing Spawn. Spawn's also the coolest design from that decade, but Grifter looking like mix of Deadpool and Gambit ain't too bad.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given Harley Quinn now has her own animated series. I'm surprised she got one before Deadpool even did tbh.

Imagine an Deadpool adult animated cartoon with the level of violence and swearing that Todd McFarlane's Spawn did.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given Harley Quinn now has her own animated series. I'm surprised she got one before Deadpool even did tbh.

Imagine an Deadpool adult animated cartoon with the level of violence and swearing that Todd McFarlane's Spawn did.
Well it's not for a lack of trying. A Deadpool show was in the works but fell through. I do wonder if they'll try again or not though. He could definitely carry his own show.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I will say one thing: it’s honestly best to assume we get the Fighter Pass and we’re done. Expecting anything more is setting oneself up for disappointment.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well it's not for a lack of trying. A Deadpool show was in the works but fell through. I do wonder if they'll try again or not though. He could definitely carry his own show.
Can't say I'm not surprised it was at least considered given his popularity. I'm certain we'll probably see one eventually given the latter reason.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say I'm not surprised it was at least considered given his popularity. I'm certain we'll probably see one eventually given the latter reason.
Try looking it up on Youtube. They made test footage for the animated series that I think was done by Titmouse, who did shows like Motorcity. I uses audio from the movie as a proof of concept though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I will say one thing: it’s honestly best to assume we get the Fighter Pass and we’re done. Expecting anything more is setting oneself up for disappointment.
At most I think we could see an last bonus 1st party character.

Assuming assists could be upgraded I can see Waluigi filling this spot especially if for free.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a good amount of Metal Gear Solid 4 today. I finished act 3 and 4, so as far as I know, I just have act 5 (and an insanely long epilogue cutscene) to go.

I feel like the game's getting much harder at this point, between the large amount of unavoidable Gekko (who eat through my health bar in two hits) and the lack of healing items. I hate that we're basically forced to choose between having a Ration equipped and having a radar equipped - it seems like a terrible decision that makes the game more difficult for no apparent reason.

Still, the setting of act four was a great callback. I might not have the same nostalgia for the series that others have (I got into it about ten years ago in the leadup to Super Smash Bros. Brawl), but it was great to hear the audio clips from Metal Gear Solid (or rather, the Twin Snakes - Rob Paulsen voiced Gray Fox, and Mei Ling and Naomi didn't have accents) playing when I reached certain areas.

The boss battle at the end of act four was a highlight, though Vamp was a pain. I couldn't figure out which weapon I needed to have equipped to get him in a chokehold - some weapons had CQC written on their icon, but when I tried to use CQC, Snake would just shove Vamp away. Being forced to take on an army of self-destructing Gekko with zero healing items was not fun either.

I'm looking forward to act 5, though I'm hoping that healing items will be easier to find.

Also, I'm hoping to pick up the Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series on DVD either today or on Tuesday. Superman's $20, which is a great price even if I'm not as sure about its quality, while Batman is $60 - quite a bit more expensive, but I know that the series is really good.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I agree. There's likely to not be more DLC after the pass. So it's best to remain skeptical and assume that's that. Of course I would like this game to get supported for years and multiple seasons like Killer Instinct, Tekken 7, Dragon Ball FighterZ and SFV. Yet on the other hand, there's not a real need to. On paper Smash Ultimate has more content from the get-go than most other fighting games this gen at launch.

And 2nd season would only more exciting if we get another ballot and for me to reach Maximum Mega Man X Shilling. Since there's nothing to lose at that point.

Any hopes for fighter 4 and 5's dates?
I'mma guess November and February respectively. Based on absolutely nothing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ay yo, we gonna add new moves to all the Under-Night cast, what do we give Gordeau?

A follow up to GRIMMU REAPAH

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
I played a good amount of Metal Gear Solid 4 today. I finished act 3 and 4, so as far as I know, I just have act 5 (and an insanely long epilogue cutscene) to go.

I feel like the game's getting much harder at this point, between the large amount of unavoidable Gekko (who eat through my health bar in two hits) and the lack of healing items. I hate that we're basically forced to choose between having a Ration equipped and having a radar equipped - it seems like a terrible decision that makes the game more difficult for no apparent reason.

Still, the setting of act four was a great callback. I might not have the same nostalgia for the series that others have (I got into it about ten years ago in the leadup to Super Smash Bros. Brawl), but it was great to hear the audio clips from Metal Gear Solid (or rather, the Twin Snakes - Rob Paulsen voiced Gray Fox, and Mei Ling and Naomi didn't have accents) playing when I reached certain areas.

The boss battle at the end of act four was a highlight, though Vamp was a pain. I couldn't figure out which weapon I needed to have equipped to get him in a chokehold - some weapons had CQC written on their icon, but when I tried to use CQC, Snake would just shove Vamp away. Being forced to take on an army of self-destructing Gekko with zero healing items was not fun either.

I'm looking forward to act 5, though I'm hoping that healing items will be easier to find.

Also, I'm hoping to pick up the Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series on DVD either today or on Tuesday. Superman's $20, which is a great price even if I'm not as sure about its quality, while Batman is $60 - quite a bit more expensive, but I know that the series is really good.
Why not just get BTAS on Bluray?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why not just get BTAS on Bluray?
The complete series is on DVD (I haven't seen a BluRay version near me), and I have a lot more options when it comes to watching DVDs. (for BluRay, I only have a PS3) Plus, it would be more expensive, and I doubt that the difference in quality would be huge.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The website for the Steven Universe movie seems to be hinting heavily that the villain of the movie is:
a failed pink diamond. The main Crystal Gems all have Bios, but besides the villain there is one character that gets a bio, Rose Quartz and/Pink Diamond together. The villains bio is right after this and mentions they want revenge on Steven.

So why have Rose up on the sight if she has no bearing on the plot?

StormC

Smash Hero
Any hopes for fighter 4 and 5's dates?
Banjo: first two weeks of October
Fighter 4: Middle of December
Fighter 5: Late February

Piranha Plant, Joker, and Hero were all roughly three months apart, I suspect Hero could have been released earlier but Nintendo wanted to wait after their July releases were out. These windows give them a bit of elasticity, each a little over two months.

D

Deleted member

The 3DS looked great dude

Obviously it wasn’t the most graphically impressive, and obviously there are some 3DS games that probably look like crap. But for a Nintendo handheld I thought it looked rad
It has the best version of DQ8 ignoring music and artstyle, also Samus Returns.

That’s an instant win for me contrera.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What’s up with all the broken images on the site? I went to the Roster Maker thread to look for new icons for an MvC Roster I’m making, and almost all the archives I found are broken images. Same goes for a bunch of images in people’s sigs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree. There's likely to not be more DLC after the pass. So it's best to remain skeptical and assume that's that. Of course I would like this game to get supported for years and multiple seasons like Killer Instinct, Tekken 7, Dragon Ball FighterZ and SFV. Yet on the other hand, there's not a real need to. On paper Smash Ultimate has more content from the get-go than most other fighting games this gen at launch.

And 2nd season would only more exciting if we get another ballot and for me to reach Maximum Mega Man X Shilling. Since there's nothing to lose at that point.

I'mma guess November and February respectively. Based on absolutely nothing.
I don’t know. I think it’s a better alternative then getting a much more stripped back sequel in a couple years. Bring on as much content as humanly possible. Give the game a good long life. 2-3 years of post game content would be splendid.

I understand there’s no real real reason the expect it to happen. But I would argue there is also no real reason not to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shanks is making more progress. Mans is carrying all of Europe on his back, not just Spain now.

Still, I'm not sure who I'm rooting for exactly. I guess any team that runs Adult Gohan, I haven't seen much of Cooler though.

View attachment 233432View attachment 233432Is image uploading messed up for everyone, or just me?

I don't have a profile picture on my end
I can't see your PFP either. You hate to (not) see it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Found out Smash at EVO starts at the same time I usually go to bed.

Looks like I won't be watching it.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Just finished Toradora
This is going in my top tier in my anime ranking. A couple nit picks at best. Really enjoyed it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really need some updated art for the channel. I payed for some commissions, but the artist only finished one piece of artwork and then I lost contact with them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I agree, that's what I expect, though it is an unfortunate missed opportunity if they don't continue. My initial impression of Ultimate at E3 was the possibility of having one game that they continue to add on to, now that every character was back. One of my biggest issues prior was characters getting cut and I came into E3 with lowered expectations as a result, and to my surprise, they brought everyone back. Not only that, but they included many modes and QOL changes that have felt overdue--while some have a fondness for previous titles, there's very little not in Ultimate that makes me want to go back to previous titles (*cough* Subspace *cough*)

Ultimate seems like the perfect title to keep adding on to now that the rights to use all previous characters have been obtained. My hope would be that they continue adding characters until it becomes unfeasible to balance, rather than working immediately on the next installment. Because, and while it's been said previously, not sure how they could go on from here, and I suspect even when they do come out with a next installment, I'll be sticking with Ultimate. Nintendo and Sakurai have financial obligations to satisfy, so even if it were something they wanted to do, I understand that they may not be able to.

All that having been said, those were my initial impressions and how I feel the direction of the game should go given the opportunity it provides. I'm satisfied now with what we have, all 3 Fighter's Pass characters are great and 2 from series I have played, and can't really think of who else I would want other than a couple that may or may not end up in this pass. I still have the same approach--lowered expectations, hope for the best, and appreciate what we do have.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. We got Android 17 vs Android 18 and Teen Gohan vs Adult Gohan. What a match.

I'm betting that they're revealing Janemba today, because he was already leaked to hell and back.
Most likely, although whether we also see DBS Broly and Gogeta is anyone's guess. I wonder how much Janemba will use his sword, since he didn't use it too much in the movie. Either way, that move where he traps someone in a liquid ball like Rain in Mortal Kombat would be pretty sick. Definitely one of the best movie villains, he has some nice quirks.

I'd pop off if his intro had the cube teleports since it's a bit flashier than normal DBZ teleports, which are already flashy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom