• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Waluigi is one of the few characters where I think I would be pretty excited if they got in but if they didn't I wouldn't care that much.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
PP just seems to be a PP

that is to say piranha plant just looks like a pet project that sakurai just wanted to do for fun

cant blame a man for wanting to make something he enjoyed

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Waluigi is one of the few characters where I think I would be pretty excited if they got in but if they didn't I wouldn't care that much.
If I'm being honest, the only reason I want him is because he's basically the only recurring Mario character aside from Toad who isn't in Smash yet.

I'll definitely appreciate him if he's included, but I won't be bothered by him being an AT and a different Mario character getting in either.

StormC

Smash Hero
Piranha Plant to me was a nice reminder to not take Smash speculation so seriously. I'd probably hate it if K. Rool and Ridley weren't in, but... yeah. It's a fun concept for a fighter, certainly nothing on the roster like it, and some of the Mario series references are really neat. Shame it's garbo.

Getting Joker and Banjo-Kazooie after it definitely helped relieve any potential annoyance at it "stealing a slot," at least for me. But I guess if your most wanted is Isaac or Skull Kid or something you see it as an insult to the roster. Again... if we had :ultpiranha: but no :ultkrool::ultridley: I'd probably be right there with them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, for me, it feels like Waluigi's another "missing" character. We got Mario, Luigi, and Wario--only one of the quad is missing. That being said, if Waluigi didn't make it, it's not a huge deal to me either. Walugi is definitely base game material, though, and it's why I feel like it was a missed opportunity to go with Daisy/PP over Daisy/Waluigi, they fit together as a reveal, and Waluigi's a defined character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But I guess if your most wanted is Isaac or Skull Kid or something you see it as an insult to the roster.
Because they deserve roster spots more than anyone, right? :091: I mean, who could forget why Skull Kid deserves to be in Smash? It's because he uh. He's, um, he's got like a mask on or something.

there was supposed to be a bit but i legitimately do not know what it is

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I’m sticking to my hope that Doomguy and Resident Evil will close out DLC. They’d be the perfect way to end Ultimate.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m sticking to my hope that Doomguy and Resident Evil will close out DLC. They’d be the perfect way to end Ultimate.
more like the most violent way :239: thats a lotta guns were talkin about

I think that speaks more to the 3DS just not being on people’s minds rather than the quality of the series. Nintendo isn’t stupid.
nah i prefer the original instead of the remake

it's just the same engine they've used since paper jam, and its kinda ugly

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Agreed, Geno would have made the Nov Direct more satisfying to me, he's an ideal candidate to end on. Jokes aside, I do think Waluigi would have been a better choice--problem with a WTF character is that the novelty has a short shelf life (for me, at least). And when I mention a Mario character, I'm referring to first party--since they undoubtedly would not be able to convince Square to let Geno be a free bonus character.

(and all of this is moot anyways since PP was likely intended for the base)

I'd prefer Geno > Waluigi > PP. But should also mention that's less for me and for fans of the character, as I'm not personally familiar with him.
Who said anything about him being free? When I say I want Geno to be a bonus character I still expect to pay for it...

Oh, you’re talking about him filling plant’s spot. Oh yeah. I agree with that. No way square would do that.

I kind of wish Geno’s mii Costume had come back so my mind couldn’t even dream of the possibilities.

StormC

Smash Hero
I would be kinda surprised if they had three M-rated series on the Fighters Pass.

I remember when the argument was that DLC had to appeal to kids.

D

Deleted member

For me at least, the only character who feels "missing" at this point is Dixie Kong and maaaybe Waluigi. They're significant Nintendo characters who could bring something interesting.

On Geno though, I mean, yeah he obviously aint significant at all to the Mario series, but I think he's cool so I want him lol. I'm not sure what the point is about people saying a character should be significant to get in. In terms of how likely characters are, yeah. But from a player's perspective, it's a videogame. When I unlocked Shulk in Smash 4, I'm not obsessing over "how dare Shulk be on this roster, he doesn't at all fit the qualifications for significance to Nintendo's overall and continuing history", I'm thinking about my own opinions on the character outside of Smash and if they're fun to play. The goal is to have fun, controversially. I know nobody is acting like that in the first place and people have different ways of having fun, but it does seem a bit like missing the point to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
more like the most violent way :239: thats a lotta guns were talkin about

nah i prefer the original instead of the remake

it's just the same engine they've used since paper jam, and its kinda ugly
I see..... well, I mean. It was the 3DS. That whole system’s library looks ugly in hindsight.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ve always thought a lot of speculation “rules” or arguments were only made to rule out picks folks didn’t want. Not all, but a good number of them.

This particularly isn’t directed at any regulars in this thread, but as most users on this site were raised on Nintendo, and Nintendo IP, there’s an occasional argument to say why X, Y, or Z 3rd party can’t get in Smash.

When Snake got cut, folks said, “Nintendo must have thought it wasn’t suitable for a kids game”. That hilarious in hindsight, especially now that he’s back.

But anyway, at this point I really just want the team to shoot for the stars. I’m convinced that this Smash will never be topped by another one, and that they should 110% go for the big guns. It just so happens that pretty much any of my top 5 3rd party wants are big names, so I’d be fine with it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I see..... well, I mean. It was the 3DS. That whole system’s library looks ugly in hindsight.
The 3DS looked great dude

Obviously it wasn’t the most graphically impressive, and obviously there are some 3DS games that probably look like crap. But for a Nintendo handheld I thought it looked rad

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The only characters I think are “missing” are Dixie, Waluigi, and Bandana Dee. Dixie Kong is an iconic protagonist, playable character, and titular character in the DKC series. Waluigi is incredibly popular in the Mario community, and he is a main stay in the sports games. And Bandana Dee is one of four of Kirby’s main friends who aid him in his adventure.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So I’m getting my hands on an SNES Classic Edition on Tuesday, but I can’t decide which game I should play through first out of these three specifically:

1. Super Mario World
2. A Link to the Past
3. Super Metroid

I’d appreciate input from y’all to decide which I’ll play first.

The rest of the games I’ve either already played and will replay in the future, or am planning on saving them for after I clear the 3 listed. (Also I’m saving Super Castlevania 4 and Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts for Spooptober)
SMW

Very crisp controls and fun new superpowers. Plenty of levels and secrets in it as well. It's one of my favorite video games of all time.
ALTTP I love as well. It's a very long game and has memorable locations and dungeons. I'd probably play that 2nd.
SM last. Great game, but my bias is talking here in placing it last lol

D

Deleted member

I’m having an awesome evening with my friends.

We’ve been playing Smash, UA3, MvC3 and now MKX.

I feel great.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I’m getting my hands on an SNES Classic Edition on Tuesday, but I can’t decide which game I should play through first out of these three specifically:

1. Super Mario World
2. A Link to the Past
3. Super Metroid

The rest of the games I’ve either already played and will replay in the future, or am planning on saving them for after I clear the 3 listed. (Also I’m saving Super Castlevania 4 and Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts for Spooptober)
Super Mario World

And then play Donkey Kong Country

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Banjo Kazooie is ****ing hard core man

I dunno why you’d be surprised
I was going to mention some crazy M-level stuff that happens in Kazooie and Tooie, but I'm pretty sure it's not suitable for these forums even. That's how hard core they get.

The only characters I think are “missing” are Dixie, Waluigi, and Bandana Dee. Dixie Kong is an iconic protagonist, playable character, and titular character in the DKC series. Waluigi is incredibly popular in the Mario community, and he is a main stay in the sports games. And Bandana Dee is one of four of Kirby’s main friends who aid him in his adventure.
I agree with all of these, and I wouldn't have said that a year ago. Dixie feels the most missing for me. I feel like all the original characters should get hero, sidekick, heroine, villain where applicable. Dixie seems like an obvious choice, and when both Ridley and Dark Samus were announced, I thought if King K Rool was announced, Dixie should have been as well. Of course, the rules for echoes is obfuscated, but presumably she can't be, but she works as a unique fighter as there's so much to draw from to make her unique. If Isabelle could be considered a unique character from Villager, Dixie definitely could.

I mentioned my reasons for Waluigi, and I've warmed up to Bandana Dee. People made fun of Bandana Dee for being a goomba with a hat, but we literally got a ****ing piranha plant--so that's where the bar is, Bandana Dee is, for me, way above that threshold. :chuckle:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

1. Super Mario World
2. A Link to the Past
3. Super Metroid

Final Fantasy VI.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly non-Fighters Pass DLC feels like a pipe dream. When would it be released? What content would come with it? Yet I could still see it happening. Though I still think Geno is out of the question, a Pokemon could work well for this potential DLC.
If there are two fighter passes, a character releasing between the ending of the first and the start of the second, to hold off on the release cycle of the second pass.

Or they could just throw something out to get those online subscriptions.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’ve always thought a lot of speculation “rules” or arguments were only made to rule out picks folks didn’t want. Not all, but a good number of them.

This particularly isn’t directed at any regulars in this thread, but as most users on this site were raised on Nintendo, and Nintendo IP, there’s an occasional argument to say why X, Y, or Z 3rd party can’t get in Smash.

When Snake got cut, folks said, “Nintendo must have thought it wasn’t suitable for a kids game”. That hilarious in hindsight, especially now that he’s back.

But anyway, at this point I really just want the team to shoot for the stars. I’m convinced that this Smash will never be topped by another one, and that they should 110% go for the big guns. It just so happens that pretty much any of my top 5 3rd party wants are big names, so I’d be fine with it.
Good thing I started playing games with the PS1 and GBC at the same time. I never got too attached to the point where I only liked one console maker, I just want to see cool characters do cool ****. But I do kind of get the Nintendo appeal, obviously. Most Nintendo All-Stars, as far as I'm concerned are in. Unless we get another new IP like Splatoon or ARMS to put in work. On the other hand, I'm a Mega Man X and Jin Kazama shill cause those dudes are sick.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To me, the only missing characters are Bandana Dee and a second Xenoblade character. I feel Rex is certainly out of the running, and Lora doesn’t have much of a chance either, so our options are either Fiora (if they wanna pull a Chrom; her appearing in a crossover prior to Ultimate helps I think) or Elma (which is why I’m hoping the Spirits Deconfirm argument will be sunk somehow, either by her or someone else). Xenoblade has four games already (the original, X, 2 and Torna) so imo it deserves a bit more recognition.

Black Shadow, Dixie Kong, Octolings and a RH character are bonuses but if they’re not in it’s just “whatever” to me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crazy how we got an Android 17 in Top 8. Will the MVP of the TOP bring it back in EVO too? Find out next time on Dragon Ball FighterZ!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I be watchin' DuckTales (2017)
oooooo neat. I wanna try it out, but I have a couple shows lined up atm: Gonna finish Toradora today, and I have Daredevil season 3 to finish as well. I also have Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on indefinite hold at the moment.

I wanna watch DT as soon as possible, but I also am considering picking up KonoSuba again as well. I have too many shows to watch lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that Shanks made it to Top 8, he's the first player from Spain to do so in EVO. Man's had his own Z-Fighters pop-off with him.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think at most we'll get at EVO is the announcement of the next Direct or teases for the next DLC character or perhaps both.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't think we'll be getting a second fighter's pass. It sounds like Sakurai's only doing it on the insistence of Nintendo (thanku Nintendo for Banjo & Kazooie), and we've seen most games get one round of DLC, if any at all, and it's done. From what reports of Sakurai have said, he considers DLC risky, and I think he would much rather work on the next game (I personally don't know how they'd top Ultimate--I feel like regardless of what they do, I may stick with Ultimate). EDIT: I wish that wasn't the case--my hope for a Smash game, which is what Ultimate initially sounded like, was to bring back every character and make Ultimate a perennial title, getting annual updates so nobody gets cut, and everything is continually added.

For me, though, it would be nice if we got 3 echo fighters outside of the Fighter's Pass at least. Then not only would stacked be a perfect rectangle, but unstacked as well. No other reason. :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom