• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No they don’t. They said 7+ years.

They have to drop the Switch 2 at some point in the PS5/Scarlett’s lifespan. If they hold off on the Switch 2 for so long that we start seeing the PS6 and Xbox after that, they’ll just be too behind in the hardware game that third party ports will be too difficult to develop.
It’s not like they’re a stranger to this phenomenon. I thought they didn’t care.

D

Deleted member

When I was a kid I used to sleep with a heavy rock under my pillow, so if anyone tried to break in I could chuck the rock at them.

I was a dumb kid.
It’s not called being dumb, it’s called being prepared.

D

Deleted member

I can't get over the first four episodes. Those four were really boring for me. Ep 5 is where I started being engaged. And the first four were a *big* slog when I first watched it.

And the plot pacing is good overall, but it didn't grab me immediately. A tier.

@Taylor F FMA Brotherhood is the best rated anime of all time on MAL. That's a popular opinion actually.

Edit: Apparently it got bumped down to 6th. W/E, still very beloved.
How is that unpopular? It's the highest rated anime on IMDB.
ok but in what world is FMA:B being #1 the unpopular opinion
wait, it is?

Good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I caught a bunch of Ralts today in Pokemon Go. Enough to get both Gardevoir and Gallade. I also got three shiny Ralts!

But the real treasure here is my almost flawless, big girl Gardevoir, standing at 7 foot and weighing in at 270+ lbs. Very happy about her.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Whether it's mainstream or not, it can be good. Quality isn't defined by popularity 100%. If a show is popular, it's *probably* good, or even great. But it doesn't depend on it completely. Popularity is rather a result of quality, at least to some degree.
I didn't say that being mainstream was a bad thing.

Hell, my top 5 consists of the three shows I've already mentioned plus Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Dr. Mario should have a unique everything. He's the Melee veteran I'd further de-clone the most.
I do wish his moveset had at least one reference to viruses.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I've seen this exact meme on the FE subreddit

You better not be meme thiefin' again or I'll have to report you to the authorities
i would have meme thiefted'fin the image directly onto here had i the chance

alas

the meme theftinthieviery was not to be, for smashboards dot com's image machine has broken down

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I didn't say that being mainstream was a bad thing.

Hell, my top 5 consists of the three shows I've already mentioned plus Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop.
Alright. It just came off as negative. Reading into things a little too much; my b.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It’s not like they’re a stranger to this phenomenon. I thought they didn’t care.
Not to that extent. Currently they’re one generation behind in terms of specs, with the Switch being a bit more powerful than PS3 and 360. Due to the success of the Switch and it’s install base of actual gamers who want to play the new and big games, many devs will put in the extra effort to downgrade their games to get them running on Switch.

In about a little over a year’s time, when the Switch is halfway through it’s lifespan, the PS5 and Scarlett will come out, and Nintendo will be two generations behind in specs. I’m a bit concerned for this period, since it’ll be noticeably harder to take games built for PS5/Scarlett levels of power and downgrade them to PS3/360 levels of power, but I’m hopeful that it will still happen due to the Switch’s install base.

I do think there will be a decline in current big games coming to Switch after next year due to it just being more difficult to downgrade games that much. I think this will be the main factor in Nintendo releasing a Switch 2, with the power of a PS4/XBO, a few years into next gen.

As long as you have lost of owners with money, devs will bring there games down a bit to sell them on the platform. Bringing as many next gen games down two gens may be too expensive and time consuming, or maybe even near impossible for some. They have to move on eventually.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
When I was a kid I used to sleep with a heavy rock under my pillow, so if anyone tried to break in I could chuck the rock at them.

I was a dumb kid.
MY answer is simpler. Just toss a tiny pebble and their heads will explode....

......well, that assumes you have the arm strength of a Yoshi

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I sure love worrying about buying the characters even though I already paid fighter's pass.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
We're on game 2 of Grand Finals at DBFZ and my heart is already pumping.
THIS is what hype truly looks like.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not to that extent. Currently they’re one generation behind in terms of specs, with the Switch being a bit more powerful than PS3 and 360. Due to the success of the Switch and it’s install base of actual gamers who want to play the new and big games, many devs will put in the extra effort to downgrade their games to get them running on Switch.

In about a little over a year’s time, when the Switch is halfway through it’s lifespan, the PS5 and Scarlett will come out, and Nintendo will be two generations behind in specs. I’m a bit concerned for this period, since it’ll be noticeably harder to take games built for PS5/Scarlett levels of power and downgrade them to PS3/360 levels of power, but I’m hopeful that it will still happen due to the Switch’s install base.

I do think there will be a decline in current big games coming to Switch after next year due to it just being more difficult to downgrade games that much. I think this will be the main factor in Nintendo releasing a Switch 2, with the power of a PS4/XBO, a few years into next gen.

As long as you have lost of owners with money, devs will bring there games down a bit to sell them on the platform. Bringing as many next gen games down two gens may be too expensive and time consuming, or maybe even near impossible for some. They have to move on eventually.
You bring up a good point I didn't even think about with the porting process, although 3DS would still get ports of PS4 and XBO games on occasion. I'm sure they will have less of a disparity than say, the Wii-U era due to the install base actually existing beyond the most hardcore Nintendo fans.

But I'm pretty sure the next set of consoles are based more on performance changes rather than major graphical upgrades. We'll see how this shift in console development, and potential game development will effect the Switch for the rest of its lifespan. If performance improvements are the major factor of these new consoles(which both Sony and MS talked about with removing load times, rather than dapping up graphics again), then how games are made around that might not change porting too drastically. Of course if this means a game like DMCV or Spider-Man can then just pull Legendary Dark Knight levels of enemies/objects on screen in at a constant 60fps and no loading, then a Switch version of game of that style would likely lose features like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And now Go1 and SonicFox are 2-2. If Go1 wins one more time, he'll close it, but SonicFox can still reset the fight.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goichi I'm pretty sure is Goku's 3rd child. Holy ****. He's Son Goichi now. Now THAT'S an anime arc. You like to see it.

EDIT: Also 100k views on Twitch on a Saturday instead Finals Sunday? We're really going FURTHER BEYOND!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Stop talking about pizza, I've gone six weeks on ketosis and I haven't had it in forever.

But I look sexy as hell at least. That's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom