• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I wish Dragon Quest I-X would be ported over to the Switch somehow, it’d really be nice to have them all on one console with XI S coming out pretty soon. :grin: Also seeing Dragon Quest Warriors 1+2 finally get a Switch port released stateside.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'd be okay with that only if you met your other self.
Unfortunately this marks the THIRD incursion into time travel for the MCU (discounting the stuff with the Time Stone).

First it was AoS season 5 with them going to 2091 and back to save the world from breaking into two, and they have to bend the rules of time travel to achieve that.
THEN Avengers: Endgame happened and I don't think I need to explain that mess to you.
And NOW AoS is doing it again for season 7 where they are stuck in I presume the 1920s. Grr....

:yoshi:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Unfortunately this marks the THIRD incursion into time travel for the MCU (discounting the stuff with the Time Stone).

First it was AoS season 5 with them going to 2091 and back to save the world from breaking into two, and they have to bend the rules of time travel to achieve that.
THEN Avengers: Endgame happened and I don't think I need to explain that mess to you.
And NOW AoS is doing it again for season 7 where they are stuck in I presume the 1920s. Grr....

:yoshi:
I dislike Endgame, and I'm eh on AOS.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I dislike Endgame, and I'm eh on AOS.
Somewhat agree. I had mixed opinions about it. Found it underwhelming as its first two hours were boring but what made up for it was its third act and final battle.

Meanwhile Infinity War was flawed but entertaining. Even then I would go on to say that Shazam! was a better movie then them. I had more fun with that then I did with those.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Damn Nightwolf's second fatality is sick as ****!!!!

The effort they've been putting into him shows how dedicated they are to keeping him true to being the Native American he is which I appreciate since after Reptile and Scorpion he's my favorite MK character. I love indigenous people and their cultures and mythologies and have great respect for them hence why he's in my top 3.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
God. I really want another MvC. But I’m absolutely terrified of the possibility that it could be mostly X-Men on the marvel side.
I'd rather have more new Spider-Man characters since that's my favorite part of Marvel. But I'd also much prefer having a good chunk of X-Men than the MCU-fest that was Infinite. Especially since it also effected the aesthetics of the game like visuals and music. I'm mostly talking Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Deadpool at the very least. Maybe Psylocke and Gambit if we're lucky.

I think MVC3 had a better balance between X-Men and Avengers. Still needed more Spider-Man stuff though. Still only have had Spider-Man and Venom, and while they are GOAT, there's much more to Spider-Man characters than just Venom.

There's a TON of iconic characters in Marvel that never got a MVC playable appearance. Green Goblin, Carnage, Punisher, Black Cat, Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, the entire FF(though going with S.Skrull saves time) ect.

I'd be happy with Capcom's side if there's a good chunk of Mega Man characters (Gotta have ONE blue bomber at least.) and if DMC gets Nero.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As far as newcomers go Elsa Bloodstone is the only new Marvel vs. Capcom rep from the Marvel side I want to see in Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, I missed GFs, which characterd were used? From seeing some clips, I saw GO1 play Bardock, GT Goku, and SS Goku, but I didn't catch what SonicFox used.
Kid Buu, Bardock and GT Goku.

Funnily enough the rest of Top 8 had a bit more in character diversity. Android 17, Android 18, Teen Gohan, Adult Gohan, Tien, Yamcha, Cell and Vegeta.

There's been some teams running Android 21, Fat Buu, Goku Black, Zamasu, Broly, Trunks and Android 16.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
God. I really want another MvC. But I’m absolutely terrified of the possibility that it could be mostly X-Men on the marvel side.
I welcome it the idea. The X-Men are awesome, and their absance in Infinte was a real bummer. That, and I'm kinda tierd of most Marvel products relying heavly on the MCU.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For Marvel vs. Capcom how about a Spider-Man villain who should've gotten his own solo title by now?

I mean, the Lizard would be pretty cool for a character choice in MVC, he'd stick out visually, and could work as a larger(but not giant)rushdown type.

But I'd go with Kraven for a Spider-Man villain to get their own book, since Venom, Green Goblin, Carnage and Punisher already did.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean, the Lizard would be pretty cool for a character choice in MVC, he'd stick out visually, and could work as a larger(but not giant)rushdown type.

But I'd go with Kraven for a Spider-Man villain to get their own book, since Venom, Green Goblin, Carnage and Punisher already did.
Lizard has a lot more story potential imo...

Striga

Smash Journeyman
X-Men charcters I want to see IF there is an MVC4:
  • Wolverine (Duh)
  • Storm (Also Duh)
  • Nightcrawler
  • Psylocke
  • Rouge
  • Cyclops
  • Gambit
  • Colossus
  • Cable
  • Bishop
  • Magneto (Another Duh)
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Apocalypse

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd rather have more new Spider-Man characters since that's my favorite part of Marvel. But I'd also much prefer having a good chunk of X-Men than the MCU-fest that was Infinite. Especially since it also effected the aesthetics of the game like visuals and music. I'm mostly talking Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Deadpool at the very least. Maybe Psylocke and Gambit if we're lucky.

I think MVC3 had a better balance between X-Men and Avengers. Still needed more Spider-Man stuff though. Still only have had Spider-Man and Venom, and while they are GOAT, there's much more to Spider-Man characters than just Venom.

There's a TON of iconic characters in Marvel that never got a MVC playable appearance. Green Goblin, Carnage, Punisher, Black Cat, Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, the entire FF(though going with S.Skrull saves time) ect.

I'd be happy with Capcom's side if there's a good chunk of Mega Man characters (Gotta have ONE blue bomber at least.) and if DMC gets Nero.
See. I don’t see “MCU stuff” as one franchise. I see it as Iron Man characters, and Thor characters, and Hulk characters, and dr. Strange characters, and guardians of the Galaxy characters, and ghost Rider characters. And I see no problem with having a bunch of characters from a bunch of standalone series. What I have a problem with is games like 2 with over 20 characters from one series (that being X-Men). I think that’s where the ultimate disconnect is. I would say 3 had a pretty good balance (even if X-23 should have been left out). But I still want Black Panther and Captain Marvel, the MCU fab 4. Even Hawkeye and Black Widow. I love how they play. The only ones I really thought weren’t needed were Gamora (totally should have been Star-Lord), Winter Soldier (just kind of boring), and Nova (he and captain Marvel are just so similar athletically. I know they aren’t clones, but it sure feels like it sometimes). And even after that, throw in some more Spidey villains, heck, villains in general. Give me the Mandarin and Loki. This in some Blade and Punisher and Daredevil. Namor the Sun-Mariner, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Vision. So much potential without just resorting to the boys in yellow and blue.

I’m still trying to work out a 50 character MvC roster that I’m satisfied with, as the smallest roster I have to date that I feel covers all the necessary bases features 70. It’s just so incredibly difficult to do for some reason.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Damn Nightwolf's second fatality is sick as ****!!!!

The effort they've been putting into him shows how dedicated they are to keeping him true to being the Native American he is which I appreciate since after Reptile and Scorpion he's my favorite MK character. I love indigenous people and their cultures and mythologies and have great respect for them hence why he's in my top 3.
Someone pointed out that this is basically a game where a Native American and an Aztec-coded character (Kotal Kahn) get to interact with each other, and it really put into perspective how much I appreciate how culturally diverse MK and other fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken are in general.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
aw. I hope things can get better for you...
It's been hard to gather people that I want to play when I'm able to, or sort out availability. Or people just aren't interested.

And one friend who's been a longtime teammate of mine finally got online again after a week of being absent from the game completely, and he rage quit early. I barely got to play, and there a few characters I'm finally getting some chemistry with that I've been waiting to get good with for a while.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi

How've you been liking Three Houses so far?
It’s pretty fun. I don’t think it’s the greatest rpg I’ve ever played, but I’m not too deep into it yet. I really like the characters.

I picked the Deer because Claude is cool, but Mercedes is a goddess and I’ll be damned if I don’t recruit her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It’s pretty fun. I don’t think it’s the greatest rpg I’ve ever played, but I’m not too deep into it yet. I really like the characters.

I picked the Deer because Claude is cool, but Mercedes is a goddess and I’ll be damned if I don’t recruit her.
Nifty. What chapter are you on?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
X-Men charcters I want to see IF there is an MVC4:
  • Wolverine (Duh)
  • Storm (Also Duh)
  • Nightcrawler
  • Psylocke
  • Rouge
  • Cyclops
  • Gambit
  • Colossus
  • Cable
  • Bishop
  • Magneto (Another Duh)
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Apocalypse
Most of these are returning characters that'd make a lot of people happy, though I feel from a gamplay standpoint, Bishop will be similar to Cable, but with a Projectile counter.

See. I don’t see “MCU stuff” as one franchise. I see it as Iron Man characters, and Thor characters, and Hulk characters, and dr. Strange characters, and guardians of the Galaxy characters, and ghost Rider characters. And I see no problem with having a bunch of characters from a bunch of standalone series. What I have a problem with is games like 2 with over 20 characters from one series (that being X-Men). I think that’s where the ultimate disconnect is. I would say 3 had a pretty good balance (even if X-23 should have been left out). But I still want Black Panther and Captain Marvel, the MCU fab 4. Even Hawkeye and Black Widow. I love how they play. The only ones I really thought weren’t needed were Gamora (totally should have been Star-Lord), Winter Soldier (just kind of boring), and Nova (he and captain Marvel are just so similar athletically. I know they aren’t clones, but it sure feels like it sometimes). And even after that, throw in some more Spidey villains, heck, villains in general. Give me the Mandarin and Loki. This in some Blade and Punisher and Daredevil. Namor the Sun-Mariner, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Vision. So much potential without just resorting to the boys in yellow and blue.

I’m still trying to work out a 50 character MvC roster that I’m satisfied with, as the smallest roster I have to date that I feel covers all the necessary bases features 70. It’s just so incredibly difficult to do for some reason.
Sure, the Avengers are the Justice League of Marvel. That's not the problem, the problem is that the choice to focus on "creating synergy" with the movie part of Marvel and they completely drop two franchises, It's not like DC ever had the Teen Titans removed from something like Injustice to focus on the Justice League, like how MVCI had done with both the X-Men and Fantastic Four in favor of the Avengers and GotG, though in the latter's case I think Gamora was a solid choice. The fact they couldn't at least be bothered to at least add more Spider-Man characters to spice it up just makes it all the more disappointing.

Even Insomniac's Spider-Man had its own identity aesthetically, with original costumes for Spider-Man and his villains, and handled the realistic art style better since they had a budget of more than two dimes and a ham sandwich.

The only Marvel vs Capcom game that an abundance of X-Men was MVC2, strictly because it was a hodgepodge of characters from previous games(TWO of which were X-Men specific.) Marvel 1 only had Wolverine and Gambit playable. Same reason why there's so Street Fighter characters as well. People didn't like Phoenix, and no one cares about Marrow. Silver Samurai/Spiral wouldn't really be missed. Iceman doesn't have a ton of fans. And Sentinel isn't someone I'd miss. You don't need them all obviously. But 5 or 6 X-Men isn't asking too much. It's a huge franchise.

When I say "MCU-fest" it doesn't refer strictly to the character choices, although that is a part of it. Every damn part of the game got effected by it, visuals made to appeal to that audience, only to fail at that, music that was mostly disappointing because it tried to emulate booming cinematic music in a fast paced team fighting game. The type of lame **** people had issues with Injustice for too. The way the characters even act fits more the movies than the comic, unlike Marvel 3 which was VERY much a Comic book game through and through.

Keep in mind that the people who grew up the earlier Marvel fighting games did grow up with a lot of X-Men content. That isn't to say they should be the only people catered to. But you also shouldn't just abandon them either, the audience of these games are a bit different from the average movie goer today. There's a balance to it. Cap, Hulk, and Iron Man are staples of the MVC series, just like Spider-Man, Wolverine and Storm. Black Panther and Nova are among my favorite of the new additions between 3 and Infinite. She-Hulk makes sense. Taskmaster was GOAT and genuinely one of my favorites and Ultron's far cooler than Sentinel, that's a hill I will stand on.

And again, outside the X-Men, No Daredevil? No Green Goblin? No Carnage? No Punisher? Moon Knight? Electra? Wasp? Ant-Man? Even without the X-Men, MVCI's character choices on Marvel's side didn't a thing for me or other people. I liked Capcom's choices despite their limitations, barring Spencer.

If a new MVC game were to be made, there should be a handful of X-Men, a handful of Avengers, a handful of Spider-Man characters and a handful of weirdos you never even thought about but end up being really cool. I think we can all at least agree on that.

Sorry for talking your ear off/reading your eyes off.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got home from work. Tonight was something of a nightmare, and I'm exhausted. Still, I went in early and picked up Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series on DVD before my shift started, so that made it a little better. (glad I went with DVD over BluRay - the DVDs cost $60 for Batman, while the BluRay version costs $90)

What did I miss from EVO? I saw that Janemba was announced for Dragon Ball FighterZ, but I'm not sure what else happened. Are there any matches that are worth watching?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just got home from work. Tonight was something of a nightmare, and I'm exhausted. Still, I went in early and picked up Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series on DVD before my shift started, so that made it a little better. (glad I went with DVD over BluRay - the DVDs cost $60 for Batman, while the BluRay version costs $90)

What did I miss from EVO? I saw that Janemba was announced for Dragon Ball FighterZ, but I'm not sure what else happened. Are there any matches that are worth watching?
I personally suggest to watch both matches between GO1 and SonicFox (Winners Finals and Grand Finals).

Probably some of the best DBFZ sets you’re ever gonna see.

StormC

Smash Hero
Noipoi has a review scale that is as follows:

[ ] is Pokemon
[ ] isn't Pokemon

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Btw there was a storyline in Spectacular Spider-Man that brought up the idea that Curt Connors didn't have a separate Lizard personality and it was merely an extension of his anger towards the world.

And they never brought it up again.

I smell a character arc :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom