• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And a very funny one at that.
Lol problem is I'm running out of good songs with "Hero" in the title. We're only a quarter of the way through the series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

It looks like I’ve been banned from searching #smashbros on Twitter...

Attachments are what happens when I try to search for both that hashtag and #nintendoswitch at the same time. Searching just #smashbros gets me tweets without the hashtag...

Attachments

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Remember when the game first came out and everybody almost immediately went mad ranting about OP and broken King K. Rool was for the next couple months?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Lol problem is I'm running out of good songs with "Hero" in the title. We're only a quarter of the way through the series.
Do a cover of one you’ve already used, but scream the lyrics. Then we can call it a cover, albeit a horrible one.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"The closest one that would be close to what I want" though is not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Waluigi
Scorpion
Ryu Hayabusa
Doomguy
The Chosen Undead
Linkle
Porky
Jonesy
Tetromino
Mike Jones
Fulgore
Master Chief
Kiryu
Probably many more that I'm forgetting

Do you want my autobiography too? :240:

You need to play some Banjo-Kazooie.
Forcing me to play a game I don't want to play is gonna make me not want it more.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just saying, I'm now more confident than ever regarding a Capcom rep regardless of the mii costume theory.
Oh yeah, Frank West. Add him to the list. I would even take him over Wesker.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Get the voice actor to sing it and rewrite some lyrics.
I actually already have the song all written. We haven't made him sing it yet.

Heero's voice is very hard to do for him in long sessions, and coincidentally Heero has like the most dialogue of anyone. Just singing that bit of Chad Kroeger's "Hero" for ep.7 was hard.

Funny enough we promised him Heero wouldn't be in ep.8 because he's in like a coma or whatever, but then we scratched that and gave him two big scenes. Whoops.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't think Hero's gonna be broken, but he's definitely not going to be bad.

Anyways, after playing Joker for about 20 mins, I can say that the Arsene timer should be nerfed. It really shouldn't last double that of Cloud's Limit, as 30 secinds could be a whole stock and a half uninterrupted. Even when Joker's attacked, it takes some time to get rid of.

Maybe cutting down the time or taking damage cuts down more of the timer, but other than that, maybe slightly weakening Arsene? I mean, base Joker is alright, nothing speciao though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So uh

It looks like I’ve been banned from searching #smashbros on Twitter...

Attachments are what happens when I try to search for both that hashtag and #nintendoswitch at the same time. Searching just #smashbros gets me tweets without the hashtag...
Wait. Banning from searching a hashtag is a thing?

Unironically I'd love Frank West. His shopping cart super from UMvsC3 is the perfect FS for him.
You misspelled Check Greene,

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Frank West, Dead Rising Chop til You Drop may be a terrible port but it's also one fo the few instances of a QTE improving a game. That's how baloney the convict fight was.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait. Banning from searching a hashtag is a thing?
Apparently now it is. I’ve also confirmed I am NOT shadowbanned, and other friends can search the hashtag just fine and see everything so...

Why just me???

D

Deleted member

I actually already have the song all written. We haven't made him sing it yet.

Heero's voice is very hard to do for him in long sessions, and coincidentally Heero has like the most dialogue of anyone. Just singing that bit of Chad Kroeger's "Hero" for ep.7 was hard.

Funny enough we promised him Heero wouldn't be in ep.8 because he's in like a coma or whatever, but then we scratched that and gave him two big scenes. Whoops.
Yeah, that’s not surprising. (The voice being hard to do for long amounts of time.) Sounds worth it, though. His performance is great.

We haven't made him sing it yet.
nice

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think Hero's gonna be broken, but he's definitely not going to be bad.

Anyways, after playing Joker for about 20 mins, I can say that the Arsene timer should be nerfed. It really shouldn't last double that of Cloud's Limit, as 30 secinds could be a whole stock and a half uninterrupted. Even when Joker's attacked, it takes some time to get rid of.

Maybe cutting down the time or taking damage cuts down more of the timer, but other than that, maybe slightly weakening Arsene? I mean, base Joker is alright, nothing speciao though.
Something I definitely see coming is a nerf to Hero's MP even after his release. People will whine. I only really have concern for the fact that if the Hero has combos, it's super easy to rack up MP if you're getting like 10 per hit. Get lucky on a snooze roll and end up with some insane combos.

D

Deleted member

oh my god we can now use the phrase "random crits are fair and balanced" in a Smash context

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, that’s not surprising. (The voice being hard to do for long amounts of time.) Sounds worth it, though. His performance is great.

nice
I also have songs written for Duo and Noin+others, but I have no idea when/if we'll record those and make them into something.

Sometimes when you're scripting your inspiration isn't there, so I try to be productive by trying other things. That's where the Fire Emblem video came from. I wrote that script in a day because the inspiration hit me, even though I was supposed to be working on ep.8.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
See, I actually think after some reflection and thought that Doom Slayer could absolutely be pick #4 or #5.

He and his series appeal to fans of series completely and utterly different from the ones already added to Smash. I’d say the same goes for Leon or Jill and Resident Evil, or even a Dark Souls pick or Heihachi.

Granted, I don’t think Heihachi is in, and I’m not even sure if Dark Souls is even a “Namco” pick, or a FromSoftware pick.

Either way, currently I think it’s Capcom, Bethesda, and/or Namco Bandai. Any combination of 2 out of those 3.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
oh my god we can now use the phrase "random crits are fair and balanced" in a Smash context
At least when a Hero player online crits me to death on Corrin/Robin it'll be canon.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Can we not ban Heero?

I just got unbanned.
This literally, please... And yet peoples are parodying that he'll be banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned... endless cycle...

Also, is what you said in the last sentence about being unabnned true? Or just joke? Can't tell anymore, damn my mind.

D

Deleted member

I also have songs written for Duo and Noin+others, but I have no idea when/if we'll record those and make them into something.

Sometimes when you're scripting your inspiration isn't there, so I try to be productive by trying other things. That's where the Fire Emblem video came from. I wrote that script in a day because the inspiration hit me, even though I was supposed to be working on ep.8.
Yeah, but I feel stopping to work on that for a bit was a good call. I adore that video. Totally worth it if you ask me.

Also, on the topic of doing rough voices, I did this one bear character, (take a wold guess who) and MY THROAT JUST U G H.

I don’t think Heero’s can be as bad as that, but it’s always good to warm up and take breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom