• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fighting games rarely if ever try to make things even when it comes to costume choice.

SFV gave like 50% of its costumes to Chun-Li, Cammy and Juri. Who knows why.
"Gamers b like that" - Capcom, probably.

And to be fair, people do get mad when most of the new costumes go to the same character, and with Smash, you know people are going shout bias the first chance they get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
just finished my first three houses playthrough as black eagles, clocking in at 63 hours

wew lad

WEW lad

final couple of chapters made me sweat big time on hard/classic, but if the other routes are anywhere close to that level of length and quality then this is gonna go down as one of the franchise's best games to date

incredible to think that just 3 years ago they were nickel-and-diming this exact same business model with fates' £20 routes, but now it's all just packaged into one game

now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go put that final map theme on loop until hero comes out tonight

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I never thought of that, but I will say that it reminds me of Yamcha's and Tien's old outfits in the OG Dragon Ball.
1564513152710.png

Nah, I don't really see it. The brawler outfit just looks like generic gi that could fit anything. It's not like Dragon Ball invented the concept of clothes.

StormC

Smash Hero
I like you chose this of all things to show
Honestly I just googed Taopaipai hoping to find a decent image to compare and this was one of the first results, and I thought it was a still image before I clicked it, and when I realized it was a .GIF I was just like "screw it, this is how the people will learn about Taopaipai."

StormC

Smash Hero
It's 2019 and I'm still reading posts saying Nintendo doesn't own the Rareware DKC characters...

I was hoping :ultkrool: would put this to bed but man.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Hero and Dragon Quest in Smash look really dope and I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival today. I should probably just go do something else for a couple of hours and they'll be available, but a 9:00 AM EST presentation really makes me hope they release earlier in the day haha.

Also, THE OUTER WILDS ON SWITCH???? WHAT THE ****????

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Btw, did you know that Munchie is in his pocket?
View attachment 232981

Nah, I don't really see it. The brawler outfit just looks like generic gi that could fit anything. It's not like Dragon Ball invented the concept of clothes.
It's more so in the color scheme.

Like, it's distinct, but yet, I can't help but see a resemblance.

The hair for the male definitely is Tao though.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so are the e-shop servers down right now or anything

i dont know if he got released yet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's 2019 and I'm still reading posts saying Nintendo doesn't own the Rareware DKC characters...

I was hoping :ultkrool: would put this to bed but man.
All this time people want a green gecko as the third party choice, but instead we got a crocodile

StormC

Smash Hero
I'll probably just download Hero in the morning, not worth a repeat of the headache of getting Joker.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the maintenance is just to the prepare for more maintenance when we crash the servers again

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I was going to joke that the martial artist costume is the "female fighting game character" that goose chase/"leak" was about, but I do not know if that one is still even taken seriously by 2 or 3 people.

MainJPW

M.T.A
View attachment 232981

Like TheMightyP TheMightyP I can see it, Budohka is wearing a variant of what Yamcha is wearing. The clothes they are wearing aren't Gi, those are ancient traditional Chinese clothing, in this case a Yuanlingshan with Chinese Hanfu boots.

Btw, did you know that Munchie is in his pocket?

It's more so in the color scheme.

Like, it's distinct, but yet, I can't help but see a resemblance.

The hair for the male definitely is Tao though.
The clothing that Tenshinhan, Chaozu and Tsuru-sen’nin wear are a traditional Changshan with Shaolin pants and socks with Kung fu slippers.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's really hot, and I just found out that we're getting severe thunderstorms.

God, save me.
Stay safe.

That Martial Artist Mii Brawler costume looks like a consolation prize for Dragon Ball fans, doesn't it?
So I wasn’t the only one who saw the connection.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Like TheMightyP TheMightyP I can see it, Budohka is wearing a variant of what Yamcha is wearing. The clothes they are wearing aren't Gi, those are ancient traditional Chinese clothing, in this case a Yuanlingshan with Chinese Hanfu boots.

The clothing that Tenshinhan, Chaozu and Tsufuru-senin wear are a traditional Changshan with Shaolin pants and socks with Kung fu slippers.
Wow, someone did their research, but hey, I'm all for learning something new everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom