• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Well, I kind of saw it coming, Activision are adding Baby Crash and Baby Coco to CTR,, what no Metal Baby Dr. Paper Electron Tanooki Crash yet? (I know, I know, it's not an original pun)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
*internal screaming*
"Oh, darn! Pokemon LGP/LGE sold over 10 million copies despite being a Gen 1 remake that incorporated Pokemon Go elements! I sure hope that doesn't mean those Sword and Shield games sell well! Game Freak needs to pay!"

Seriously, I'm just happy we have solid proof that Pokemon can survive on home consoles.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It's actually kinda funny that there were people already talking about banning him if only because character bans don't seem to stick in regards to Smash

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, I suck at teaching lol. Like there is lots of details I don't fully grasp at the moment, and I feel like it's gonig to bite me in the *** later on when I want a certain class/student/etc..

Still, I got a C-rank with Marianna, sooooo maybe I get her down the line.

Also, everyone is losing their **** and I don't know to who some of them belong too.
Until I got to the second line here I thought you meant like, real life teaching.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's absolutely mindboggling to me that Smash still doesn't sell character costumes as DLC. Those would sell like hotcakes. Dry Bowser, Helmetless Mega Man, other versions of the Triforce characters... like seriously. Are they that anal about each character having only 8 versions?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The theory hinges on that Mii costumes will stick to their reveals. So no Capcom costumes when we get Banjo. Etc
Obviously.

All the Capcom costumes will come with Jill.

Shroob

Sup?
It's absolutely mindboggling to me that Smash still doesn't sell character costumes as DLC. Those would sell like hotcakes. Dry Bowser, Helmetless Mega Man, other versions of the Triforce characters... like seriously. Are they that anal about each character having only 8 versions?
Hey man

The 2 Little Mac mains in Smash 4 complained about sore thumbs from toggling costumes.

Shroob

Sup?
Labo Mode was dropped without a character, so it's not out the question.

As well as Amiibo arenas
It's definitely not impossible, but the clock is ticking.

If Banjo is released around September or October and we still have no "Mii costume patch!" I'll write it off completely tbh

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If Jill doesn't come with her goofy beret and shoulderpads then there's no point.
Her dialogue also better be taken straight from the original game.

We could use a bit of cheese. No Jill sandwich is complete without it

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Until I got to the second line here I thought you meant like, real life teaching.
"Hi everyone, this is Professor Doctor. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik here, and today, we are going to learn about the moon and how it is a ***** ass ************."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey man

The 2 Little Mac mains in Smash 4 complained about sore thumbs from toggling costumes.
you're so high and mighty in the air

just wait until i beat you with the best costume: wireframe SNES mac

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's definitely not impossible, but the clock is ticking.

If Banjo is released around September or October and we still have no "Mii costume patch!" I'll write it off completely tbh
True, but around this time was also the same time Smash 4 got its first Costume DLC without a character tie in, as Costume wave 3 released in between the E3 trio and Cloud.

So there is a chance they may do it again, who knows.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guys, I’ve noticed something... Sakurai has a new hair style.
FAED8549-3D7C-4F72-B828-3E14DBF2C693.jpeg

30A1AE83-FF33-40E7-A01B-A7D1B03ED11B.jpeg

It’s gamers like us that notice these details. And do you all know what this means...? That’s right. Shantae is in Smash. Hair theory confirmed!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I thought you were gonna teach them about how what Shadow did to your wife.
Oh man, I would in a heartbeat...

...if it didn't mean me getting kick out of this school.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, adding two more alts to 70 characters means you have to sell 140 costumes as DLC. Also good luck with adding more costumes for Sonic or PAC-MAN.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Jill doesn't come with her goofy beret and shoulderpads then there's no point.
If she's in, Sakurai will do the shoulder pads. He's all about the OG design.

I'd imagine her P2 costume would be her Revelations look rather than her RE3 or RE5 looks. It's more closely affiliated with Nintendo, more recent, and in RE3's case easier to code since you no longer have to worry about the skirt in animations and movement design.

Plus the Revelations design becomes a pretty easy pallet swap for her RE5 Tricell look.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, adding two more alts to 70 characters means you have to sell 140 costumes as DLC. Also good luck with adding more costumes for Sonic or PAC-MAN.
But why not just be selective about who gets extra costumes? Who is really going to care? This wasn't an issue until now.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
But why not just be selective about who gets extra costumes? Who is really going to care? This wasn't an issue until now.
Fighting games rarely if ever try to make things even when it comes to costume choice.

SFV gave like 50% of its costumes to Chun-Li, Cammy and Juri. Who knows why.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys, I’ve noticed something... Sakurai has a new hair style.
View attachment 232978
View attachment 232979
It’s gamers like us that notice these details. And do you all know what this means...? That’s right. Shantae is in Smash. Hair theory confirmed!
nate we talked about this like 3 days before it was shown

that means your gamer level is astonishingly low

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BTW, Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is adding microtransactions in the next update.

Knowing this is Activision this doesn't surprise me

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
BTW, Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is adding microtransactions in the next update.

Knowing this is Activision this doesn't surprise me
Contrarian opinion, but:

I have no problem with microtransactions when they're optional and non-intrusive. When they're forcibly incorporated into the game's design, I hate them. When there's just a price tag on minor things that don't matter, like post-launch costumes or icons or whatever, I say let 'em. Full price games are cheaper now than they've ever been, and games' lives last so much longer due to the expected post-launch update model. We're no longer buying a finished game that'll never be touched again; we're investing in a product that the developers are going to continue to support afterward. At least for a time.

If they want to add price tags to some of those updates, and if not paying for them doesn't hurt your experience in any way, I say let 'em.

D

Deleted member

Remember that Switch game I auditioned for?

The team got back to me saying I was denied, but they liked my voice and added me to their list of go-to voice actors. That is for sure a surprised, but a welcome one!

Tagging Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs ’cause you asked in PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom