• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I tried to look it up and this is what I found, he says he still believes Minecraft content is happening. He had the chance to drop Minecraft right here and there while leaking Banjo but he still said Minecraft is getting content of some sort.

View attachment 232966
In that case, it's probably a Steve Mii costume or something...

Man, just imagine though.

Microsoft, a multi billion dollar company allows Sakurai to use content from the best selling game of all time and one of the most prestigious gaming ips in recent years, meanwhile Square over here won't even give him the rights to use a one off character from a 20 year old game as a simple mii costume

lol square

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if I don't want him at all, I do kinda feel bad for Geno fans if we saw the last of the SE content today. It's been rough for them, especially after Sakurai's comments in Smash 4 made things look so promising.

Geno supporters: "Ridley and K. Rool?! Geno's next, baby!"
Sakurai: "I'm afraid that's not the case."
Geno supporters: "The Grinch leak was fake?! Well, maybe he'll be DLC?"
Sakurai: "Square Enix and I have other plans.'
Geno supporters: "Smh! Guess we're stuck with a lame Mii Costume again.
Sakurai: "Yes, but actually, no."

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I had a feeling Mii Costumes were going to be a hot topic after today.

I'm a bit foggy on which Square costumes are missing, but if it's just Geno then yeah I don't think that's enough to kill the whole Mii Costume theory. He very obviously has other limitations that could have prevented his costume from coming back.

Can we talk about Hero though?

As a representative of Dragon Quest, he does a good job of it. His moveset really embodies the RPG genre and it's clear they really wanted to stuff as much as they could into the character.

That being said, him embodying that makes me think he's gonna be incredibly salt inducing. The MP costs didn't really seem too big, and he got quite a bit back from aerials. On top of this some of his spells seem really powerful, Snooze especially being the big one. It's fast, comes out quick, applies the sleep effect AND CAN WORK IN THE AIR. I think it's gonna be a pretty good edgeguarding tool, despite the fact it only goes straight.

The crit mechanic on smashes is something that completely caught me off guard and seems like another big salt inducer. Luigi Misfire effect on a smash is not something I thought I'd ever have to face in a Smash game.

The matchup seems like it's gonna require a lot of practice just to remember all of his spells and how to react to them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the community grow to dislike fighting against him.

Sizz and Sizzle are the only spell variant we didn't see, and it's being described as a moving pillar of fire similar to Robin's arcfire.

Whack is the weaker version of Thwack, and Boom is the weaker version of Kaboom.
Honestly, even without the RNG down B, I feel like Hero can be pretty good. His default projectiles are fast, and he has a good recovery that can also inturrupt edgeguarders wuth good timing. Plus, the random crits on what already seems to be powerful Smash attacks boosts him up for earlier kills.

As for the RNH down B, the buff effects (Oomph, Physce Up, Acceletre) and Snooze seem to be the best one, and Bounce may actually shut down some matchups. Heal might be used waiting for the opponent to respawn, or for camping purposes, Zoom is... a free recovery if you get it. I can see the Flame and Kacrackle Slash seeing some use, Thwack... if it's anything like the games, it'll suck, Hocus Pocus is for gambling, Klalang is probably useless, Metal Slash will be even more useless, Magic Burst could be absurd with high MP amounts, Kamikazee... disrespect
I can see some of these having a lot of use, others... no.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even if I don't want him at all, I do kinda feel bad for Geno fans if we saw the last of the SE content today. It's been rough for them, especially after Sakurai's comments in Smash 4 made things look so promising.

Geno supporters: "Ridley and K. Rool?! Geno's next, baby!"
Sakurai: "I'm afraid that's not the case."
Geno supporters: "The Grinch leak was fake?! Well, maybe he'll be DLC?"
Sakurai: "Square Enix and I have other plans.'
Geno supporters: "Smh! Guess we're stuck with a lame Mii Costume again.
Sakurai: "Yes, but actually, no."
I still have hope that he will show up as a Bonus character. But that's only if this is not the only pass of fighters we'll get.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One thing that I feel like people are overlooking regarding Command Selection is that the spells are randomly generated each time you use the move.

Yes, there are a few moves that could be terrifying in certain situations, but that's assuming you pull up the move you want on your first try. Otherwise, you'll either have to keep pulling up the menu until you get what you want, or just compromise and work with what you got. If you're a competitve player who's in a fast-paced battle, you probably won't have time for the former.

I'm not really convinced Hero will be crazy OP. I feel like this situation is similar to Ridley's down-special, where everyone is really impressed at first, but quickly realize how situational the move really is.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I'm a little confused

Do people want ban Hero moreso for his RNG nature, or the fact that he's probably broken as heck?

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm going to name each version of Hero myself, since being named after a number is dumb.

Elevan Hero=Mul
Three=Aaron
Four=Genn
Eight=Dan

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Tbh Command List won't be so bad as most of its moves aren't that necessary. The moves he needs are always accessible.

However, I do hope criticals only occur on his smash attacks.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly, even without the RNG down B, I feel like Hero can be pretty good. His default projectiles are fast, and he has a good recovery that can also inturrupt edgeguarders wuth good timing. Plus, the random crits on what already seems to be powerful Smash attacks boosts him up for earlier kills.

As for the RNH down B, the buff effects (Oomph, Physce Up, Acceletre) and Snooze seem to be the best one, and Bounce may actually shut down some matchups. Heal might be used waiting for the opponent to respawn, or for camping purposes, Zoom is... a free recovery if you get it. I can see the Flame and Kacrackle Slash seeing some use, Thwack... if it's anything like the games, it'll suck, Hocus Pocus is for gambling, Klalang is probably useless, Metal Slash will be even more useless, Magic Burst could be absurd with high MP amounts, Kamikazee... disrespect
I can see some of these having a lot of use, others... no.
Kamikazee is 100% a fun troll or disrespect move, I don't see it being anything else. Magic Burst had pretty good range but it seems risky to waste everything like that on one attack.

Bounce is real powerful but due to the RNG spell list it won't completely shut down matchups. It is a pretty hard counter to projectile based characters though.

Hocus Pocus we need more info on, it'll depend on how good the positive effects are.

I think he'll be good, the RNG hurts his consistency but considering most of his spells are good I don't think it's too much of an issue for him.

But judging characters' competitive viability prematurely works so well. Remember how broken K.Rool was?
I don't get this mindset at all.

As long as you're not going pure reactionary BS (OMG HE'S GONNA RUIN THE GAME WTF) then I think it's perfectly fine to discuss first impressions of a character. If you're wrong you're wrong, who the hell cares.

What else are we gonna talk about? Random theory with no real backing #57?

D

Deleted member

wait that was a joke

How was I supposed to know? lol He showed no signs of sarcasm.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Really, I think this line of thought that Crash is suddenly more likely is projection, and nothing more. If it makes him more likely, as Cosmic77 Cosmic77 said, who isn't more likely? It's flawed and too broad for it to mean anything.

As it stands, however, nothing has legitimately struck down the OG Mii Costume "Theory". I don't even know that it should be used as a "guide" for speculation, but by all means I do think it should be considered. Just, not entirely relied upon.

Basically:

Should be considered/taken into account for potential impact:
- Mii Costumes from respective companies that have not yet been revealed could, COULD, indicate a presence in a future mini-direct/reveal stream

- Spirits absolutely have the potential to disconfirm characters for challenger packs, which would rule out a sizable portion of characters. I see no reason why the development team would arbitrarily pick a particular character who was already a spirit when 3/5 of the Fighter Pass has been characters are series that weren't in Smash prior to their addition.

- Three picks of the Fighter Pass have been from 3rd party companies, with two coming from companies that were already collaborating in Smash. Not a stretch, considering the backlog of influential series from both Capcom and Namco, that one of the two or both could receive characters

- As an offshoot of this point, while there isn't anything outright saying 1st party newcomers are coming, the attention to detail that has been shown to the three we've already gotten make me, personally, consider it unlikely. However, if we were to get a Nintendo pick, it would likely be a Pokemon, Three Houses pick, or from Astral Chain.

- One final note: I don't think it's wise to assume we're getting bonus characters or bonus content outside of the Fighter Pass. The base expectation should simply be 5 characters. There is no mandate for it. If you want or hope for it, that's one thing. But expecting is something completely different. That being said, it can be surmised that the content was cut, or will not be returning.

None of these have to/should have to be the basis of any and all character speculation, but I think it would be foolish to not at least consider the validity of any of those statements.

We can focus on what we want to see, whether it's a Nintendo pick, Capcom pick, or some other unrepresented company pick like Doom Slayer. But you have to look at what's in front of you. Often, fans will say, "THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL WHAT'S NEXT", but if you at least take a look at what it around you, you just might.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Really, I think this line of thought that Crash is suddenly more likely is projection, and nothing more. If it makes him more likely, as Cosmic77 Cosmic77 said, who isn't more likely? It's flawed and too broad for it to mean anything.
I don't think anybody is actually arguing Crash is suddenly more likely now. My post was a half-joke about the common assumption that the last two characters would be Capcom and Namco.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

As it stands, however, nothing has legitimately struck down the OG Mii Costume "Theory". I don't even know that it should be used as a "guide" for speculation, but by all means I do think it should be considered. Just, not entirely relied upon.

Basically:

Should be considered/taken into account for potential impact:
- Mii Costumes from respective companies that have not yet been revealed could, COULD, indicate a presence in a future mini-direct/reveal stream

- Spirits absolutely have the potential to disconfirm characters for challenger packs, which would rule out a sizable portion of characters. I see no reason why the development team would arbitrarily pick a particular character who was already a spirit when 3/5 of the Fighter Pass has been characters are series that weren't in Smash prior to their addition.

- Three picks of the Fighter Pass have been from 3rd party companies, with two coming from companies that were already collaborating in Smash. Not a stretch, considering the backlog of influential series from both Capcom and Namco, that one of the two or both could receive characters

- As an offshoot of this point, while there isn't anything outright saying 1st party newcomers are coming, the attention to detail that has been shown to the three we've already gotten make me, personally, consider it unlikely. However, if we were to get a Nintendo pick, it would likely be a Pokemon, Three Houses pick, or from Astral Chain.

- One final note: I don't think it's wise to assume we're getting bonus characters or bonus content outside of the Fighter Pass. The base expectation should simply be 5 characters. There is no mandate for it. If you want or hope for it, that's one thing. But expecting is something completely different. That being said, it can be surmised that the content was cut, or will not be returning.

None of these have to/should have to be the basis of any and all character speculation, but I think it would be foolish to not at least consider the validity of any of those statements.

We can focus on what we want to see, whether it's a Nintendo pick, Capcom pick, or some other unrepresented company pick like Doom Slayer. But you have to look at what's in front of you. Often, fans will say, "THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL WHAT'S NEXT", but if you at least take a look at what it around you, you just might.
All I see in these walls of text is "No I swear guys, we're getting Resident Evil stuff" :grin:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so you know how DQs music seem to be the midi versions? Well, the theme from DQ3 appeared in Hero's trailer, and that was orchestrated, so...

Are some of them orchestrated and other of them midis?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
99% of the internet right now is just chatting about Hero and engaging in this integral Smash Ultimate event.

Meanwhile I'm sitting over here, not caring at all, and binge-watching Hell's Kitchen like a scrub. :p

I've been neutral about Hero since the start, in all seriousness. Dunno who they are, and I don't really care that much either.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ok, so you know how DQs music seem to be the midi versions? Well, the theme from DQ3 appeared in Hero's trailer, and that was orchestrated, so...

That’s possible. Then again, Life Will Change was in Joker’s reveal and it never appeared in the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, FusionFall probably would have done better if it was on consoles. MMO's had been done on consoles before, the target demographic would have been more likely to have a console over a fast computer, the controls are so simple that they map to a controller far better than a keyboard, and it would have been far easier to monetize than the computer version was. Especially sense they went free to play towards the end. Imagine if instead of going free to play, they had just released it for $60 on 360, PS3, and Wii U. Or even Xbox One and PS4. Those were just starting out the year the game permanently shut down. And the game didn't even have micro transactions or anything to keep it afloat. Like, when your game is struggling financially, how does making it free increase profits?

This is complete fantasy, but I would love it if CN officially endorsed FusionFall Legacy, funded the dev team, gave them access to Steven Universe content (the only new show I really feel it needs, well, maybe OK KO too), and gave it a console release where it can more easily make money.

This is probably going to get ignored among all the Hero/Speculation talk but... I don't care, FusionFall was like, 80% of my childhood from 5th-8th grade.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Not all trailer tracks have to be in the game.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Who knows who's next for Ultimate after how wild it's been? Doomguy? Leon? Ryu Hayabusa? Lloyd? Crash? Monster Hunter? Jin Kazama? Asuka from Senran Kagura? I blantly dont know who to excpet anymore at this point lol. Just gotta buckle up and see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom