• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So it's only the down special that alternates Hero's spells; that's pretty cool. As for the 4.0 version update, I think the adjustment to Final Smash meter may be my favorite part of that lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so a Midi remix of Adventure is in DQ11, but the thing is, if it was directly ported from DQ11, then it wouldn't be titled as Adventure as that's not what its called in DQ11.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but it was stated that they did pay the Orchestra for some rights to use their music, right?

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, so I did a bit of research on Hero's voice actors, and wow. Mitsuki Saiga (Eleven's voice actor) voiced both Link and Ravio in ALBW, and Yūki Kaji (Eight's voice actor) voiced Link in Hyrule Warriors. Make that seven Links in the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh right that little teaser video came ou-

>dubbed sakurai said dragon quest was iconic

aw **** now everyone is gonna use the word in arguments now

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok, so a Midi remix of Adventure is in DQ11, but the thing is, if it was directly ported from DQ11, then it wouldn't be titled as Adventure as that's not what its called in DQ11.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but it was stated that they did pay the Orchestra for some rights to use their music, right?

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about lol.
they got the rights for orchestra for DQ11 s, didnt hear that about smash

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
they got the rights for orchestra for DQ11 s, didnt hear that about smash
Hm... I swear I heard that somewhere.

Regardless, Midi or not, I do find it funny that DQ got 4x the amout of songs that FF did, considering that the composer is... pretty much the textbook definition of a "Boomer".

In fact, I find it odd that DQ just has far more content overall than FF. 4 characters (5 with Muchie) rolled into 1, actual Spirits, 8 songs, a Stage that isn't Battlefield with hazards (instead its Umbra with treasure chests lol), and actual Mii costumes as opposed to 1 hat that got removed anyway. That just doesn't feel right.

Perhaps the Enix side acts differently than the Square side.

osby

Smash Obsessed
oh right that little teaser video came ou-

>dubbed sakurai said dragon quest was iconic

aw **** now everyone is gonna use the word in arguments now
They'd be cherry picking, considering we also got Persona and Banjo-Kazooie.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Really, I think this line of thought that Crash is suddenly more likely is projection, and nothing more. If it makes him more likely, as Cosmic77 Cosmic77 said, who isn't more likely? It's flawed and too broad for it to mean anything.

As it stands, however, nothing has legitimately struck down the OG Mii Costume "Theory". I don't even know that it should be used as a "guide" for speculation, but by all means I do think it should be considered. Just, not entirely relied upon.

Basically:

Should be considered/taken into account for potential impact:
- Mii Costumes from respective companies that have not yet been revealed could, COULD, indicate a presence in a future mini-direct/reveal stream

- Spirits absolutely have the potential to disconfirm characters for challenger packs, which would rule out a sizable portion of characters. I see no reason why the development team would arbitrarily pick a particular character who was already a spirit when 3/5 of the Fighter Pass has been characters are series that weren't in Smash prior to their addition.

- Three picks of the Fighter Pass have been from 3rd party companies, with two coming from companies that were already collaborating in Smash. Not a stretch, considering the backlog of influential series from both Capcom and Namco, that one of the two or both could receive characters

- As an offshoot of this point, while there isn't anything outright saying 1st party newcomers are coming, the attention to detail that has been shown to the three we've already gotten make me, personally, consider it unlikely. However, if we were to get a Nintendo pick, it would likely be a Pokemon, Three Houses pick, or from Astral Chain.

- One final note: I don't think it's wise to assume we're getting bonus characters or bonus content outside of the Fighter Pass. The base expectation should simply be 5 characters. There is no mandate for it. If you want or hope for it, that's one thing. But expecting is something completely different. That being said, it can be surmised that the content was cut, or will not be returning.

None of these have to/should have to be the basis of any and all character speculation, but I think it would be foolish to not at least consider the validity of any of those statements.

We can focus on what we want to see, whether it's a Nintendo pick, Capcom pick, or some other unrepresented company pick like Doom Slayer. But you have to look at what's in front of you. Often, fans will say, "THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL WHAT'S NEXT", but if you at least take a look at what it around you, you just might.
My opinion at this stage is that:

- Spirits do deconfirm characters (at the very least for this Fighter Pass)

- If there are first party Nintendo characters, they won't be from any games that released after Smash.

Spirits one seems likely due to their huge focus on franchises not already in Smash (and thus have no spirits at all), like you mentioned.

Relating to both the spirits point and first parties, it's been said (implied by Sakurai and echoed by some insiders) that the DLC characters were actually chosen early on in development. That for me rules out a lot of the Nintendo speculated characters such as a Gen 8 mon, Three Houses Lord, Sylux (although this one was always a headscratcher for me), etc.

Maybe some of these characters were already prepared and shown to Sakurai for the purposes of promotion, but it makes no sense to me based on today's circumstances. If a Three Houses Lord was in Smash, they would've 100% planned their reveal and release to be as close to the game's release as possible, exactly like they did with Hero and DQ 11. I'm really not seeing Byleth/Edelgard/Dimitri or Claude as a promo pick for that reason, Sylux falls under the same pitfall, Astral Chain as well. Pokemon still has a chance for a promotional pick, I will admit that.

The timeline is also a point against first party characters with spirits, as if it was already known they'd be coming later they wouldn't necessarily need to include their spirit then. You could make the argument that if they excluded spirits of popular characters that would be a huge hint they were coming, which would make sense and therefore seems like something they wouldn't do... except they did do exactly that with Porky. So I'm really at a loss with him, it might be a hint that he's coming later on or they just completely excluded him for some reason. If we get a first party pick, I'm expecting him (I really don't think it's happening though).

I've been preaching Capcom and Bamco reps as the last two slots for a while because it just makes sense. Even excluding mii costume theory, both have a very healthy relationship with Nintendo and Smash, Capcom in particular porting a bunch of games to the Switch very recently. With the huge number of unrepresented franchises they have, it would be very simple for Nintendo to pick them as DLC reps.

and well I am biased towards them I'll admit

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember when Cloud was revealed, and people were sure that we were getting a Tifa brawler outfit, and a Barret gunner outfit, alongside the Chocobo hat.

Hahahahaha

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn

Final Fantasy keeps losing when it comes to Smash.
Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest have the same amount of songs, but Dragon Quest gets 4 sets of 2 because it's 4 characters in one.

We gotta make Zack an alternate costume for Cloud. :nifty:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, so I did a bit of research on Hero's voice actors, and wow. Mitsuki Saiga (Eleven's voice actor) voiced both Link and Ravio in ALBW, and Yūki Kaji (Eight's voice actor) voiced Link in Hyrule Warriors. Make that seven Links in the game.
You mean 8. Don't forget Lonk from Pensylvania.:4pacman:

Potato_

Smash Lord
The DQ stage might be one of the most beautiful stages in the entire game. I'm glad that it'll actually have a good amount of songs (sorry Midgar).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I just watched the Hero presentation.

And he's essentially Robin and Link put together.

**** now I wanna play him.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I dont wanna throw all my eggs in one basket here, but after today it seems like they're more than okay with just cutting some costumes outright, which answers stuff like "okay but what about the Akira costume?"

Banjo isnt gonna come with any old costumes. We can almost assuredly say that all his will be Microsoft focused.

I dunno fam. Mii Costume theory will at least survive until after Banjo now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also why is erdrick a mii costume and erdrick now has [i forgot how to spell it]

you tellin me that erdrick is in his own final smash man?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Like, I dont wanna throw all my eggs in one basket here, but after today it seems like they're more than okay with just cutting some costumes outright, which answers stuff like "okay but what about the Akira costume?"

Banjo isnt gonna come with any old costumes. We can almost assuredly say that all his will be Microsoft focused.

I dunno fam. Mii Costume theory will at least survive until after Banjo now.
They went for broke on Mii Costumes in Smash 4, they might not have sold as much as Nintendo hoped so they're being a bit more conservative now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They went for broke on Mii Costumes in Smash 4, they might not have sold as much as Nintendo hoped so they're being a bit more conservative now.
hey man you wanna see mii costumes sold you give em to me in the pass, not make me whip out 3 quarters

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'll probably already be at the theatre by the time Hero releases, so I'm not sure if I will be able to play him today.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The actual thing that annoys me is that it seems like there's not gonna be any Mii outfit bundles like there were in Smash 4 (until the end maybe). As much as I want Mercenary Yamcha, I didn't buy the Persona/Sonic outfits because you have to do so individually and convinced myself "there'll be a bundle down the line."

:drsad:

Shroob

Sup?
So ya

Mii costume theory gets to live until character 4. We're stuck with this until potentially November or December.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do find it interesting on how far alternate costumes have come. Like, aside from the Pokemon (that aren't Mewtwo) and Peach getting a Daisy alt in Melee (sorta, but her design of the dress did change), all alternate costumes were was just a color change. And then came Wario sporting both a Biker and Classic outfit.

And now here we are, where a decent chunk of the cast has a costume that gives them a whole new outfit altogether, some off which just flat out change the character.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I do find it interesting on how far alternate costumes have come. Like, aside from the Pokemon (that aren't Mewtwo) and Peach getting a Daisy alt in Melee (sorta, but her design of the dress did change), all alternate costumes were was just a color change. And then came Wario sporting both a Biker and Classic outfit.

And now here we are, where a decent chunk of the cast has a costume that gives them a whole new outfit altogether, some off which just flat out change the character.
And yet they still haven't just put sunglasses on Fox.

Seriously. How hard is that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mii Costume Theory just says we'll get costumes from previous companies.

In reality, while we may get Capcom and Namco characters like what's being predicted anyway, they could just grab a new company like they did with Microsoft, or even double dip in the same pass if they wanted to, since different characters still appeal to different demographics. I don't really understand why this theory is taken seriously.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman

I know right? Id pay hardcord money to have Samus in various different suits from the series of Metroid.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, I suck at teaching lol. Like there is lots of details I don't fully grasp at the moment, and I feel like it's gonig to bite me in the ass later on when I want a certain class/student/etc..

Still, I got a C-rank with Marianna, sooooo maybe I get her down the line.

Also, everyone is losing their **** and I don't know to who some of them belong too.

Shroob

Sup?
Mii Costume Theory just says we'll get costumes from previous companies.

In reality, while we may get Capcom and Namco characters like what's being predicted anyway, they could just grab a new company like they did with Microsoft, or even double dip in the same pass if they wanted to, since different characters still appeal to different demographics. I don't really understand why this theory is taken seriously.
Oh they absolutely could, and to be brutally honest I expect Namco to get the short end of the stick.

Not Capcom though. Capcom has way too many outfits to just nuke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At the very least, I think the odds of a Steve Mii Costume getting revealed alongside Banjo's demo trailer is less of a safe bet now. Between the two packs of Mii Costumes, the only new outfits were related to Persona and DQ.

I'm not gonna take it too seriously though, because I still say trying to find patterns with these Mii Costumes is wasted time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom