• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know that the remaining Fighters Pass characters are almost certainly going to be third-party, but at this point I want more first-parties than anything else.

Skull Kid and Waluigi are out of the running, so the only ones left that I really want on a personal level would be Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong and Tetra. Toon Zelda would also be acceptable.
I still find it weird that we have no characters debuted in Switch, when Smash 4 had multiple from 3DS. I guess that'd be one good thing about getting a character from Three Houses or Sword & Shield.

I'd love Dixie and Bandana Dee in Smash, but I'd rather have rest of Fighters Pass to focus on new stuff.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'all ever think about how everything you ever think, feel or do is just the product of neurons firing off electrons in your brain like some sort of biological computer code? How your brain is just an over complicated bundle of cells that'll never truly understand the complexities of the universe it exists in?

Because I'm having one of those days.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So pretty much decided to rally up the rest of the movies I've decided to see left this year.

Theaters:
Hobbs & Shaw
47 Meters Down: Uncaged
Angel Has Fallen
It: Chapter Two
Ad Astra
Abominable
The Hunt
Gemini Man
Midway

Internet or at home:
Escape Room
Breakthrough
Midsommar

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'all ever think about how everything you ever think, feel or do is just the product of neurons firing off electrons in your brain like some sort of biological computer code? How your brain is just an over complicated bundle of cells that'll never truly understand the complexities of the universe it exists in?

Because I'm having one of those days.
With great knowledge comes many “what the ****” moments

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As for how I rate movies I've seen so far this year IMO.

Best (10):
Shazam!
Missing Link
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Crawl

Good (7-9):
The Lego Movie: The Second Part
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Us
Pokemon Detective Pikachu
Child's Play

Okay (4-6):
Cold Pursuit
Avengers: Endgame
Stuber

Meh (1-3):
Glass
Hellboy
Brightburn

Bad (0):
Captain Marvel
Pet Sematary

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So pretty much decided to rally up the rest of the movies I've decided to see left this year.

Theaters:
Hobbs & Shaw
47 Meters Down: Uncaged
Angel Has Fallen
It: Chapter Two
Ad Astra
Abominable
The Hunt
Gemini Man
Midway

Internet or at home:
Escape Room
Breakthrough
Midsommar
Big list and yet no Once Upon a Time in Hollywood :ohwell:

I can hardly wait to see the movie. Why does every movie I look the most forward to get such a postponed release in Europe?

I had to wait 'till january to see Creed II while the movie released in november in the States...

StormC

Smash Hero
I still find it weird that we have no characters debuted in Switch, when Smash 4 had multiple from 3DS. I guess that'd be one good thing about getting a character from Three Houses or Sword & Shield.
Well, 3DS was already over a year old once development for Smash 4 started. Smash 4 didn't have any Wii U characters either, same with Brawl and Wii.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
While on the subject of movies...

What's ya'll favorite movie of every genre?

Mine goes roughly as follows:

Action: Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Comedy:
Airplane!

Horror:
The Fly (1986)

Romance:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Thriller:
The Departed

Drama:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Fantasy:
The Princess Bride

Sci-Fi:
Blade Runner

Adventure:
Jurassic Park

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone is always wondering why Alph wasn't upgraded to echo status, but I'm over here wondering why more Pikmin characters aren't alts.

I wanna be Captain Charlie when I decided to play r/smashbro's most hated character, danggit!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's probably because Smash 4 came out way into the 3DS lifespan, especially since Sakurai was already working on another 3DS game beforehand.
Usually Smash tends to be a generation behind in terms of character representation since it usually comes out fairly close at the beginning of a systems lifespan. We didn't get Olimar in Melee for example, and the only Wii U character we had at the time was Alph who was an alternate costume for Olimar.

He did consider the Mii's though but didn't think they where suitable for Brawl at the time.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
BOOYAH!!!

Just got the term grades for both classes I’m taking. Both classes are A’s and for the first time ever, I have a 4.0 GPA

I now need to celebrate

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'd love Dixie and Bandana Dee in Smash, but I'd rather have rest of Fighters Pass to focus on new stuff.
That's kinda how I feel as well. I know we'll get a few Switch characters in the next Smash game regardless, but there's still gonna be this big gap following Incineroar and Hero. If we don't get any first-party DLC characters, I have a feeling any Switch game between 2017 and 2019 may have missed the mark.

That's one luxury Dixie and BWD have. Unlike FE and Pokemon, relevancy is never an issue for them. They'll never have to worry about a revolving cast.

D

Deleted member

So, these characters speak in a foreign language. It's proving to be extremely painful, but I really hope this'll pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom