• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pizza is a funny food as I find it'll always feed a room, even when there's only one person in it.

D

Deleted member

So, I just sent in some auditions for a game and I’m sending in some more soon. These are coming to the Switch which is pretty crazy. Just the thought of my voice having a little chance to be on a Switch game is wild. Let’s hope this goes well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tonight or tomorrow night will be the day for :ulthero:, mark my words

Maybe we’ll at least get the 4.0 video tonight

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, I just sent in some auditions for a game and I’m sending in some more soon. These are coming to the Switch which is pretty crazy. Just the thought of my voice having a little chance to be on a Switch game is wild. Let’s hope this goes well.
Break a leg.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's kinda how I feel as well. I know we'll get a few Switch characters in the next Smash game regardless, but there's still gonna be this big gap following Incineroar and Hero. If we don't get any first-party DLC characters, I have a feeling any Switch game between 2017 and 2019 may have missed the mark.

That's one luxury Dixie and BWD have. Unlike FE and Pokemon, relevancy is never an issue for them. They'll never have to worry about a revolving cast.
I’m almost certain the DLC will be all new franchises to Smash, and on top of that, all third parties. Sure, it could be games we don’t know about yet (new ips like Astral Chain perhaps) but nothing in the immediate future. If it was Fire Emblem, they’d be the summer character to promote Three Houses. If it was Pokémon, they’d be the fall character to promote Sword and Sheild. And any other character like BWD and DXK don’t have the pull to sell by themselves. The only way I see them show up is if either we get an echo Fighter pass (for Dixie) or more ala carte dlc (for Dee). Most Nintendo first parties just aren’t big enough to be stand alone dlc. Like, Banjo got a huge hype reaction. But I doubt the same thing would happen for Wonder Red or Saki Amamiya, even if they would be great (so would Alex Roivas).

That combined with the fact that we’re almost certainly getting another Namco character (in my opinion Dark Souls, but Digimon, Tekken, and Tales are all pretty likely). And the rising likleyhood of characters like DoomSlayer and Crash Bandicoot.

Plus, we’re likely to see some sort of new Crash Bandicoot Project next year because of Activision’s whole “one kid friendly game per year” thing. So he would make sense as the December or February character depending on announcement and release date.

Remember the Final Smash4 direct? That’s what I’m predicting here. We get a direct in October/November that starts with Crash and goes over him, then shows the Banjo trailer again and goes over him (with a release date for that day), and then a final reveal of Artorias at the end with maybe a go-over of him. I don’t really know. I hate putting a definitive stance on any one Dark Souls Character. But I feel like I have to trust my gut at this point.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have to say...Byleth in Smash would probably be pretty sweet. Really any of the characters likely would be, considering none of them use sword stuff except for Byleth...but Byleth could use his sword like a whip/chain.
-
Three Houses is a weird experience for me, as considering the age gap I had from my seniors in my first year of teaching, and the even closer in age College Writing I had to the teach the same year, it’s usually tough teaching students that are close in age to their teacher.

The battle music is excellent, the voice actors are mostly good. I almost picked Claude and the Golden Deer, but my first play through is Edelgard and the Black Eagles.

The amount of lore and detailed characters is absolutely amazing. Super cool game, but I’m only in, like, the 4th month.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’m almost certain the DLC will be all new franchises to Smash, and on top of that, all third parties. Sure, it could be games we don’t know about yet (new ips like Astral Chain perhaps) but nothing in the immediate future. If it was Fire Emblem, they’d be the summer character to promote Three Houses. If it was Pokémon, they’d be the fall character to promote Sword and Sheild. And any other character like BWD and DXK don’t have the pull to sell by themselves. The only way I see them show up is if either we get an echo Fighter pass (for Dixie) or more ala carte dlc (for Dee). Most Nintendo first parties just aren’t big enough to be stand alone dlc. Like, Banjo got a huge hype reaction. But I doubt the same thing would happen for Wonder Red or Saki Amamiya, even if they would be great (so would Alex Roivas).

That combined with the fact that we’re almost certainly getting another Namco character (in my opinion Dark Souls, but Digimon, Tekken, and Tales are all pretty likely). And the rising likleyhood of characters like DoomSlayer and Crash Bandicoot.

Plus, we’re likely to see some sort of new Crash Bandicoot Project next year because of Activision’s whole “one kid friendly game per year” thing. So he would make sense as the December or February character depending on announcement and release date.

Remember the Final Smash4 direct? That’s what I’m predicting here. We get a direct in October/November that starts with Crash and goes over him, then shows the Banjo trailer again and goes over him (with a release date for that day), and then a final reveal of Artorias at the end with maybe a go-over of him. I don’t really know. I hate putting a definitive stance on any one Dark Souls Character. But I feel like I have to trust my gut at this point.
If I'm being completely honest, it kinda sounds like you're convincing yourself to believe the best-case scenario for a character you want to get in Smash.

I'm not saying Crash won't get in Smash, but you have to at least consider the many outcomes where someone else (particularly those who are "less hype") gets in instead. Not doing so is taking a huge unnecessary gamble. Just ask Geno's supporters when they saw Ridley and K. Rool and celebrated too early.

D

Deleted member

Should I start a petition to get Nintendo and Team Ninja to add :ultlink: and :ultsamus: into Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?

osby

Smash Obsessed
You are amazing
tbh i'd actually be hyped for Byleth in Smash if S/he was outside of the fighter pass
I'd be hyped for it even if they were in the pass. Nintendo already proved that they aren't afraid of appealing to people who already purchased Smash and Three Houses likely will bring a lot of new fans.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Creeper?!

Aww man.
why the sudden
I’d the last one was a girl, you missed the chance to name her Lucina!!!
I think they are all by default chicks because whenever tbey find seeds, Malroth says "She's sniffed something out!"

But I dont really care lol plus i dont like lucina enough to name a dog after her

osby

Smash Obsessed
Should I start a petition to get Nintendo and Team Ninja to add :ultlink: and :ultsamus: into Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3?
Not to sound mean, but it'll probably be useless at best.

Plus, I'm not a fan of getting video game characters in a Marvel crossover- just like I don't like the idea of comicbook characters in Smash.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do find it intersting that the Battle Royale genre seems to be dying, while games like Minecraft and Overwatch, which were believed to be dead, made a resurgance in popularity recently.

Perhaps we can see another "dead" game get resurrected.

D

Deleted member

Not to sound mean, but it'll probably be useless at best.

Plus, I'm not a fan of getting video game characters in a Marvel crossover- just like I don't like the idea of comicbook characters in Smash.
well you're probably right about the first thing
but they were supposed to be in an earlier Ultimate Alliance game and i just want it to come true

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I do find it intersting that the Battle Royale genre seems to be dying, while games like Minecraft and Overwatch, which were believed to be dead, made a resurgance in popularity recently.

I think it's less that its dying and more that every new game is seen as a Fortnite clone and doesn't live long.

D

Deleted member

Oh no.....

It’s coming...

1564326591791.jpeg

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Since when were Minecraft and Overwatch believed to be dead? Every time I hop on there is loads of activity.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I guess I couldn't complain as much if Byleth was really unique, but FE has been treated fairly well in the past two Smash games. It's more than doubled its number of characters since Brawl, going from three to seven. For the size of FE compared to some of Nintendo's other franchises, that's a very generous number.

Personally, I'd prefer a Sw/Sh Pokemon over a Three Houses rep, though I'm afraid of the reaction one might get. I'd like to think people could set aside the National Dex controversy aside and focus on the Pokemon itself, but I feel like that's asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom