• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
House is a national treasure

Wasn’t he playing a Metroid game in one episode?
I have not watched the show in a long time(And I wasn't exactly an avid watcher then), but I always love using that clip.

Would not be shocked. I recall that he often plays on a DS in the show.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Most likely then not fake but figured you guys would like a good laugh given its agreed Spirits deconfirm at this point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Most likely then not fake but figured you guys would like a good laugh given its agreed Spirits deconfirm at this point.

There’s not really a complete agreement.

I.e. Shantae could’ve gotten a spirit and then they decided on making her playable later tbh, but kept the spirit. Feels unlikely, I know...

Anyway, I’d love if this was real for Steve alone (Shantae is cool but I don’t really care much), but I don’t know...

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Back from Overwatch.

If anyone else wants to have a session later, I'll be up for it this evening (9:45ET and after). Festivities got cut short for the afternoon.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There’s not really a complete agreement.

I.e. Shantae could’ve gotten a spirit and then they decided on making her playable later tbh, but kept the spirit. Feels unlikely, I know...

Anyway, I’d love if this was real for Steve alone (Shantae is cool but I don’t really care much), but I don’t know...
They could always rename the spirit to “Character (Source of artwork)”. Example “Shantae (Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse)”

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most likely then not fake but figured you guys would like a good
Correct me if I'm wrong but, weren't the Shantae devs trying to get support for Shantae as DLC before Sakurai's tweet of all the content being decided?

Anyways, given how info was handled I really doubt that anyone has the last 2 dlc fighters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
They could always rename the spirit to “Character (Source of artwork)”. Example “Shantae (Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse)”
Alternatively, they could just give her her Ultimate artwork like they did with Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighters, and Cloud.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I immediately call bull**** on any leak that says they're announcing the remaining Fighter's Pass characters. There's no goddamn reason for Nintendo to do that other than to satisfy a few impatient fans who are somehow upset even with Hero and Banjo Kazooie revealed and clearly planned out for the next couple of months, and especially not going all in in ****ing August when characters will be another 6+ months away from release.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Any leak with Shantae or any other spirit as playable is fake in my book, since it's pretty clear spirits are consolation prizes & trophies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If she's in, then her spirit would probably be labelled something like "Shantae (1/2 Genie Hero)"

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

In addition to spirits not being playable, they won’t have gameplay for a February character in August. That’s a good 6 months ahead. Sakurai said they didn’t have gameplay for Joker to show at the Game Awards, which was 6 months ahead of Joker’s release. They only reason they revealed him at the Game Awards was because Nintendo insisted they do.

I think Banjo-Kazooie will have the longest reveal-release period because he was pushed out as a huge E3 announcement. His model looks a bit off at some points, and I’d bet that’s because they really wanted him at E3 (which I agree was a very good move). If E3 wasn’t a huge thing in gaming culture, or didn’t even exist at all, we’d probably be seeing Banjo announced in August.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Banjo-Kazooie will have the longest reveal-release period because he was pushed out as a huge E3 announcement. His model looks a bit off at some points, and I’d bet that’s because they really wanted him at E3 (which I agree was a very good move). If E3 wasn’t a huge thing in gaming culture, or didn’t even exist at all, we’d probably be seeing Banjo announced in August
This might also be why Hero has a page on the Smash Bros. website but not Banjo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you guys think Smash is bad when it comes to DPC droughys, look at FighterZ, almosy every DLC there has so little buildup, with it somehow getting leaked or just mentioned with no gameplay (sometimes internally) and the payoff is like a 10 second trailer so you can't analyze anything.

GT Goku's reveal was horrendous.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's no realistic way they'd announce the last two characters this early. It's the only thing that remotely kills the leak for me. Rest feels two fan rules-based for me to consider it a poor leak. I don't believe Spirits disconfirm whatsoever. I don't believe in the silly idea a 3rd party company can't get two DLC. I especially don't consider 4chan impossible to have real leaks(not when it's had countless ones in the past). But the early announcement? That's vastly unrealistic. November/December is when I would expect the announcement for Fighters 4 and 5 and at the earliest. This way Hero and Banjo are both out(or Banjo is almost out) and the timing makes more sense. They've taken time in announcements, which is what appears to be up to 3 months or more earlier than the actual release. August is just too early for their announcements, imo.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why exactly would Nintendo reveal the last two fighters this early? With that much time inbetween, no way would I expect any good gameplay to show off. That looks like a clear wishlist.

And just imagine the drought complaints if that happened. Not again.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Anyone else notice that Paper Mario is trending on twitter?

View attachment 232652

I’d love to see Paper Mario 64 + Paper Mario TTYD remastered.
I wouldn't mind a remaster, but I'd prefer if they made a new game that captures the old classic style of the Paper Mario games. Unless the game has a new twist with it's gameplay like how the Resident Evil remakes turned out then I probably won't be interested in purchasing the same game that I already have.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
guys i have new exclusive information

the fighter's pass is as follows

- joker (persona 5)
- erdrick (dragon quest 12 s symphonic switch extravaganza edition)
- banjo-tooie (yes the entire game)
- jane hairbones (persona 5 the repurchase)
- the spot on youtube trending that always seems to be reserved for jimmy fallon

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
guys i have new exclusive information

the fighter's pass is as follows

- joker (persona 5)
- erdrick (dragon quest 12 s symphonic switch extravaganza edition)
- banjo-tooie (yes the entire game)
- jane hairbones (persona 5 the repurchase)
- the spot on youtube trending that always seems to be reserved for jimmy fallon
For the last character, nobody actually plays as him, but for some reason, his icon takes up 75% of the Character Select Screen.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
on that note i am now formally requesting masahiro sakurai adds three houses stuff to smash because i have been playing this game for 29 hours already and all i can think about is how they put dubstep in a fire emblem game while somehow making it work

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just heard that Russi Taylor's passed away. She was the voice of Minnie Mouse from 1986 to this very same year, and among other Disney characters was also the voice of Donald's nephews on several occasions.

I'm kind of at a loss for words right now...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just heard that Russi Taylor's passed away. She was the voice of Minnie Mouse from 1986 to this very same year, and among other Disney characters was also the voice of Donald's nephews on several occasions.

Additionaly, she was also Martin Prince from The Simpsons, who has starred in some great episodes like Bart Gets an F.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Geez, she’s been Minnie my whole life.

That really sucks.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Interesting piece of trivia: She was actually married to Wayne Allwine, who was the voice of Mickey Mouse from 1977 up until his death in 2009.

Mickey and Minnie were actually married in real life.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom