• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
on that note i am now formally requesting masahiro sakurai adds three houses stuff to smash because i have been playing this game for 29 hours already and all i can think about is how they put dubstep in a fire emblem game while somehow making it work

I’d be ok with Byleth under two conditions:
1. His running animation AND SPEED is the same as when exploring the monastery
2. His render is him with his arms to the side, looking directly at the camera like his in-game portrait

0F1B2A57-EDDE-490F-93F1-E82A43FD672D.jpeg

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know it’s actually pretty amazing how Disney finds perfect sound-a-likes for their characters when a VO dies

I can barely tell any differences

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually got to meet Mickey Mouse's VA. Epic guy. Real supportive.

Honestly a shame Minnie Mouse's VA passed away. Not sure what to say.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You know it’s actually pretty amazing how Disney finds perfect sound-a-likes for their characters when a VO dies

I can barely tell any differences
they actually breed clones in tubes

it's a very efficient business strategy for maintaining brand identity

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Additionaly, she was also Martin Prince from The Simpsons, who has starred in some great episodes like Bart Gets an F.
Another role I knew her as was Phantasma in one of the Scooby Doo movies.

She even went on to reprise the role when the characters made a crossover appearance in O.K. K.O. decades later.

Add that up with how long she held onto her Disney roles up until her 70s, having passed away at 75... and you can tell that she was one dedicated voice actress. Pretty amazing woman if you ask me. Disney usually does a good job at finding new voices for their most iconic characters when the originals pass away, but the loss of the previous actor/actress is no less saddening...

Geez, she’s been Minnie my whole life.

That really sucks.
Same here. This is a major loss for the world, as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting piece of trivia: She was actually married to Wayne Allwine, who was voice of Mickey Mouse from 1977 up until his death in 2009.

Mickey and Minnie were actually married in real life.

I'm not crying, you're crying.
...I actually never knew that, either that or the fact slipped my mind at some point. That's really amazing. Things like that don't happen often.

I'm gonna look at it in a more positive way. At least now, the two of them can reunite...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's pretty incredible how Russi made her voice sound so cheery and young even at the age of 75. You could watch a Mickey cartoon she voiced 25 years ago and her voice would sound almost identical to the one today.

Sad to hear she passed. May she rest in peace.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Despite the Lupin leak from a few weeks ago being fake, I’ve actually really gotten hardcore into Lupin the 3rd part 5. I love the technology focused plot of the first few episodes

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Despite the Lupin leak from a few weeks ago being fake, I’ve actually really gotten hardcore into Lupin the 3rd part 5. I love the technology focused plot of the first few episodes
Honestly, I only watched the movie. What I did see was very good, though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which would you prefer?

Joker get more costumes that he wears in P5

or

Joker gets alt costumes based on other Persona Protags. Doesn't turn him into them. He just wears their clothes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ash Paulson’s wife is black

Meaning Rob Paulson’s daughter in law is black

I don’t care that she’s completely and utterly unrelated to me in every way possible, I’m counting that one as a win.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Which would you prefer?

Joker get more costumes that he wears in P5

or

Joker gets alt costumes based on other Persona Protags. Doesn't turn him into them. He just wears their clothes.
Probably more costumes from Persona 5... I don't remember the costumes of 3 and 4 really being particularly interesting and I'm not sure they'd quite mesh with Joker's aesthetic. Meanwhile, Persona 5 has some great costumes that are tragically not part of his Alt Costumes.

Also, on the new character discussion note, are the people here expecting someone new to be shown off any time soon, or are they more in line with me thinking it'll be the September Direct at the earliest (assuming that's a thing again this year... no real reason not to have one I guess since they do practically ever year)?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I only watched the movie. What I did see was very good, though.
Lupin the 3rd Part 5 is on Adult Swim’s Toonami (dubbed) and Amazon Prime Video (subbed). Older seasons are on Crunchyroll, I think only parts 2 and 3 were dubbed which is kinda lame tbh, especially since the anime started in the 70s so the sub acting feels kinda flat in contrast to the dubs, which came out in the 2000s. I know dubs got a bad rap back then but the dub for that injects a lot of personality into it, I like the dub

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-Huh pretty nice change for once when it comes to revenge stories about family like your child being killed. I was thinking Liam Neelson's characters son was gonna be some toddler.

-Wow that was sure some speech! So moving! So inspirational! *Sarcasm*

-I don't know about you guys but Liam Neelson's characters son kinda looks like an older Tom Holland.

-...What made them think it was a good idea to put a dead body in public? Wouldn't they be worried about being traced back by police or something?

-Druggie? Seriously what kind of name is that? Why not say drug addict instead? xD

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Liam Neelson's character really!? Too soon man to think about committing suicide! You still have a wife that needs you!

-Oh ****! So Kyle's friend was doing some deal with the drug dealers? Liam Neelson's character is probably gonna give him an *** kicking for getting his son killed!

-Whelp close enough. ;P

-Sweet Jesus what a beat down! Is Liam Neelson's character gonna beat the guy to death!?

-Huh...Guess not. I wonder what's doing with him?

-Better listen to Liam Neelson's character buddy. Last thing you might not want is another beat down or worst.

-I dunno about you Liam Neelson's character but I think it'd be better not to murder. You'd be less guilty of your crimes if you just had beaten the guy up as you already have.

-Man such a chill cop there letting people smoking weed and even giving the finger and not giving any ****.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ok. Which games would you classify as having "Young Link" and which would you classify as having "toon link".
I think "Toon" Link is actually older than "Young" Link, at least in Wind Waker. So, uh, every toon game has Toon Link, and the first Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask have Young Link.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Ok. Which games would you classify as having "Young Link" and which would you classify as having "toon link".
Young Link: Zeldas I and II, a Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, 50% of Ocarina of Time, the Oracle games, Majora's Mask, and a Link Between Worlds.
Toon Link: Four Swords, the Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Tri Force Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom