• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I would like for FF to like

Have music patched in, and like maybe Spirits of the likes of Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Cid etc. and a Sephiroth Assist Trophy, that would have been PERFECT during the November 1 direct while SF got Guile and Bayonetta got Rodin
There's actually a reason as to why there's no FF7 Spirits outside of Cloud (and a reason Cloud uses his Ultimate render for his spirits.)

Tetsuya Normura actually owns the assets of their artwork, meaning that there would need to be negotiations with him to use the art ingame. A similar reason is why we didn't get more FF7 music, Nobuo Uematsu (the composer of the music in that game) owns the rights to the music, meaning separate negotiations for that as well, and it was likely not worth the effort to do so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm big on Doom Slayer but I'm not sure whether this is actually a marked positive in terms of his Smash chances. People attribute recent or high volume releases on Nintendo to increased probability, and while they certainly don't hinder chances, the actual correlation seems tenuous.
literally any game: comes out on switch

smash players who can't wait 1 month for information:

View attachment 232548
people are just impatient

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Go out fighting
Go out young
A flash of lightning
Eclipse the sun

Brace yourself......
What are you talking about? We got a PlayStation All-Stars sequel awhile back!

With special guest Coke Zero! :upsidedown:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the spirits being on the server now makes me think hero might drop tomorrow. Maybe I’m wrong but it be weird he drops say Wednesday and we have spirits put on tonight

D

Deleted member

Apparently the Doom titles that were released are versions made in Unity...

Like seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Go out fighting
Go out young
A flash of lightning
Eclipse the sun

Brace yourself......
Man I wish that were real. If we ever get a sequel these are my most wants.

-Atreus (As a duo with Kratos)
-Aloy
-Jennifer Tate
-Joel & Ellie
-Kineticlops (Would be Togera but given his electrical body and guest starring in some motor biking game. He's probably the only one that could work being re-sized to human size.
-Until Dawn rep

As far as stages go. I'd love one with War of the Monsters. My idea for a stage is this.

Name of Stage: Hekseville
First Representation: Gravity Rush (2012)
Second Representation: War of the Monsters (2003)
Background Characters: Raven, Yunica, Togera, Congar, and Preytor.
First Music: Gravity Rush Battle Theme.
Second Music: Baytown Theme.
Hazards: Any of the rubble from buildings sometimes thrown onto the stage by one of the three Monsters and any players getting caught in it will lose lot of AP and be sent flying.
Description: The Stage starts out normal as players fight. Soon though. Citizens of Hekseville will appear and start running for their lives and panicing as Togera, Congar, and Preytor appears and begins to attack the city. After a few minutes. Raven and Yunica will appear and begin to fight the Monsters trying to protect the city and the citizens and the Monsters will fight back. As Raven and Yunica fights Togera, Congar, and Preytor. One of the three Monsters will sometimes send rubble from buildings onto the stage and any players getting caught in it will lose lot of AP and be sent flying.

SonicMario

Smash Master
With the spirits being on the server now makes me think hero might drop tomorrow. Maybe I’m wrong but it be weird he drops say Wednesday and we have spirits put on tonight
Actually do we know for sure the spirits were put up today? With how someone had to kind of trial and error the link to find it, it's potentially possible the spirits were put up maybe even a few days earlier then today. And they just happened to finally get discovered today.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually do we know for sure the spirits were put up today? With how someone had to kind of trial and error the link to find it, it's potentially possible the spirits were put up maybe even a few days earlier then today. And they just happened to finally get discovered today.
Don’t know, I’d guess they probably were put up today. People are good at datamining the Eshop. Things they add to t are encrypted though so they probably had to figure it out when it went live today if I had to guess.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One more minute to see if the 4.0 video drops my dudes

EDIT: and nothing, rip

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well today is a rip.

Although from all the insider talk, next week seems to have a pretty good chance. Lets hope so.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Give us release dates for the other chaarcters after Hero is released, thanks.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Go out fighting
Go out young
A flash of lightning
Eclipse the sun

Brace yourself......
I wish it would happen, but unlike Nintendo this would require too many copyright loops too happen. Multiple third parties would have to be dealt with, and they don’t have the security of success that Smash does to invest that much in getting those expensive guest appearances.

Just for the huge ones, they’d have to deal with:

Activision for Crash and Spyro

Square-Enix for Cloud, Lara Croft, Sora (Disney for him too), and maybe even Gex

Konami for Snake and Heihachi

Capcom for Dante (classic this time please)

Smash can deal with this many third parties because they were all introduced gradually (Sakurai didn’t talk to SEGA, Konami, Capcom, Bandai-Namco, Microsoft all at once for the first time), and Smash was already known as one of the best selling fighting game series with guaranteed success and publicity for the characters.

The first PSASBR was a flop, and I feel like companies would be hesitant to lend their characters for a second go, as fantastic as it could be.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wish it would happen, but unlike Nintendo this would require too many copyright loops too happen. Multiple third parties would have to be dealt with, and they don’t have the security of success that Smash does to invest that much in getting those expensive guest appearances.

Square-Enix for Cloud, Lara Croft, Sora (Disney for him too), and maybe even Gex

Smash can deal with this many third parties because they were all introduced gradually (Sakurai didn’t talk to SEGA, Konami, Capcom, Bandai-Namco, Microsoft all at once for the first time), and Smash was already known as one of the best selling fighting game series with guaranteed success and publicity for the characters.

The first PSASBR was a flop, and I feel like companies would be hesitant to lend their characters for a second go, as fantastic as it could be.
Uhhh

Heihachi’s Namco, not Konami...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When you're the "animated" version of an ongoing live-action franchise, it suffers...

:yoshi:
When Disney ineveitably gets full control of Spidey, there's gonna be a live action remake of Spider-Verse, which will significantly out perform the original.

Sorry, but it's just business - Lord Business

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not that knowledgeable about game engines - what's wrong with Unity?
There is nothing wrong with the engine but it seems kinda unecessary apart to put DRM measures on it given that Doom is a game that is easily ported. The DRM is kinda unecessary given how easily accessible and cheap the games are but Bethesda must Bethesda.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You never know. I still believe in the idea. Even if all my ideas are probably too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom