• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I await what datamining leakers will find upon Hero's release. At least that'll finally give us something Smash related to talk about then.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
You know, I hope there are more thab 2 tracks for DQ. It'll be BS if it gets loaded in with the same situation as FF.

Shroob

Sup?
Seriously though, what the hell happened to Hero.

How did Erdrick become the Kencineroar of the DLC cycle where he basically became common knowledge?

Striga

Smash Journeyman

How did Erdrick become the Kencineroar of the DLC cycle where he basically became common knowledge?
Power of Smash: He/She who enters the realm of Smash shall forever be immortalized.

D

Deleted member

It was until verge heard hearings of erdrick same with tansut

Speaking of, I found a funny image that sums it up
99742310-9A97-4B5A-9D75-2CEB5CA6CB42.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
I do love though how reality came back to bite everyone in June.

November: "****ing hell, Verg was right. Hail Verg....yay......"

December: "LMAO THAT'S NOT A SQUARE CHARACTER VERG BTFO'd!"

June: ".......Oh....there's.........Erdrick."

The duality of Smash.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I do love though how reality came back to bite everyone in June.

November: "****ing hell, Verg was right. Hail Verg....yay......"

December: "LMAO THAT'S NOT A SQUARE CHARACTER VERG BTFO'd!"

June: ".......Oh....there's.........Erdrick."

The duality of Smash.
Honestly, I endorse Hero into Smash. Dragon Quest looks like an interesting series.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still just sitting here wondering what the hell's going to be the follow up act to

:ulthero: and :ultbanjokazooie:

That's such a hard act to follow.

Sure it doesn't have to try to beat it(It certainly didn't with Smash4 cough cough), but there's gotta be someone shocking enough to overthrow these two left I feel....

But who? Dunno.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'm still just sitting here wondering what the hell's going to be the follow up act to

Sure it doesn't have to try to beat it(It certainly didn't with Smash4 cough cough), but there's gotta be someone shocking enough to overthrow these two left I feel....

But who? Dunno.
Give me Doomguy and Leon Kennedy. Thats all I ask.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
You ask me, I think the line up of ladies in Smash is fine as it is, but Lara Croft, Chun Li, Morrigan, 2B, Jill Valentine, and Terra Bradford would be cool to see.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

But who? Dunno.
I think most likely they don't try to top the characters. Unlike the base game (which I still feel was oddly executed), with the fighter's pass model, I would think they'd want as many people buying the pass before all of the characters are revealed--so it makes sense to front load it with as many marketable characters as possible, and leave the more niche/fan favorites towards the end. And like you said, it's not like Smash to end with a bang. From that perspective, it makes sense to reveal Joker first (mass appeal, modern character), Hero & Banjo second (high regional appeal, legacy characters), and ending on more niche characters. If Square Enix isn't done, Geno makes sense as a final character. For most people it would be a huh, while Smash fans would go crazy. I don't expect Geno, but a character of that type could be likely. The last two spots could also be their first party ad characters, like a Fire Emblem or Gen 8 Pokemon character. Don't expect it, but wouldn't be surprised.

For me, it would be Crash. As much as I love Banjo & Kazooie, and they're my dream character so I have no skin in the game going forward, I have always admitted Crash is more iconic. While Banjo & Kazooie are Nintendo icons, Crash is a gaming icon, far more well known, though it's less of a WTF moment like a Microsoft character being added. And Crash makes sense as the last character, revealed at the Game Awards, if not Sora. Iconic, broad appeal, appeal beyond the Nintendo fanbase. The one thing that makes me think it's not Crash is, perhaps with Banjo & Kazooie in, maybe they reached their Western-Owned-Animal-Mascot character limit. Hope not, though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm looking up the voice cast for Fire Emblem 3 houses and the Milf teacher is played by the actress who played Ash and May in the 4Kids dub of Pokemon.

I find this hilarious for some reason.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wait who's Sophia?:dr^_^:
The female counterpart to the male DQIV Hero (the default names being Solo/Sofia).

It's a bummer the alts of the fairer sex were excluded, but having IV and VIII represented at all wasn't anything anyone thought possible to begin with, much less thought was likely.

I'll gladly take completely separate models ala the Koopalings to 4 male/4 female palette swaps for Erdrick, or only 2 school outfit variants like Joker got.

I'm still holding out hope Banjo gets Dragon Kazooie, or even the Nuts and Bolts model to curse our timeline further.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The female counterpart to the male DQIV Hero (the default names being Solo/Sofia).

It's a bummer the alts of the fairer sex were excluded, but having IV and VIII represented at all wasn't anything anyone thought possible to begin with, much less thought was likely.

I'll gladly take completely separate models ala the Koopalings to 4 male/4 female palette swaps for Erdrick, or only 2 school outfit variants like Joker got.

I'm still holding out hope Banjo gets Dragon Kazooie, or even the Nuts and Bolts model to curse our timeline further.
Link is Verboten for me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It doesn't matter too much about the sex of the character, as long as they are cool. That said, I wouldn't mind Chun-Li or Lara Croft, but there's others like MMX, Jin Kazama or Ryu Hayabua that'd be a little bit cooler to me.

D

Deleted member

But who? Dunno.
Don't forget, the reveals for this game in general started with Ridley and King K Rool; two of the most heavily requested characters for the last 3 games and ended with Ken and Incineroar. This was stated over and over while we were waiting for the final characters to be known, but it bears reminding: they're not looking to 'top' anything or 'save the best for last'. They never have, so don't expect them to be blowing people's minds with the last 2. It'll probably be the same general appeal and hype as the rest through-out; no more, no less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I always thought someone else voiced May lol
Veronica voiced several different characters in that dub, particular May, ash and Ash's mom.

It doesn't matter too much about the sex of the character, as long as they are cool. That said, I wouldn't mind Chun-Li or Lara Croft, but there's others like MMX, Jin Kazama or Ryu Hayabua that'd be a little bit cooler to me.
I really wish Chun Li would get a playable spot in Smash despite Street fighter already 2 characters. She's the first character I always think about when I think of Street fighter, then Ryu and Ken. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Veronica voiced several different characters in that dub, particular May, ash and Ash's mom
See, now that you say that, I can hear that Ash and May are a bit similar sounding. Though it's not quite Chris Sabat voicing 1/3 of DBZ before Kai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom