• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Tin foil hat time

Like Dragon Quest itself, Square Enix made sure to specify the Hero couldn't release on a weekday so as not to have children skipping school to play him in Smash.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
as touched upon on the last page, sabi is pretty convinced hero is this coming week now

1564159909860.png

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The last Splatfest is done and Three Houses is released so yeah there should be a bit of a window next week for Hero

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
me 16 hours ago: man i can't wait to sit down and get stuck into some good old fashioned strategy and tactics

me now:

1564161184677.png

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Saaaaame

That wait’s gonna be even worse for me
I'm sure the wait will be painful for many others, too, well, sometime after Hero's been released for a while, anyway.

In my case I'm just...really not excited for The Hero. I know next to nothing about Dragon Quest, The Hero's gameplay trailer didn't sell me on them very much, and the constant "Brave" and Erdrick discussions prematurely killed any remaining hype or surprise I could've gotten from them otherwise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm sure the wait will be painful for many others, too, well, sometime after Hero's been released for a while, anyway.

In my case I'm just...really not excited for The Hero. I know next to nothing about Dragon Quest, The Hero's gameplay trailer didn't sell me on them very much, and the constant "Brave" and Erdrick discussions prematurely killed any remaining hype or surprise I could've gotten from them otherwise.
I kinda wish I recorded my E3 reactions

My dry, completely unimpressed sarcasm at the hero reveal was pretty funny I think.
Okay. Does anyone here remember Fusionfall? If you do, have you been playing FusionFall Retro? Are you gonna play FusionFall Legacy when it comes ou?
Fusionfall was the white whale of my childhood.

I always wanted to play it, but I never quite figured out how.

I was a dumb kid.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

My dry, completely unimpressed sarcasm at the hero reveal was pretty funny I think.

Fusionfall was the white whale of my childhood.

I always wanted to play it, but I never quite figured out how.

I was a dumb kid.
Look into FusionFall Retro. It’s the original game restored to full functionality. And the new fan-devs are dedicated to maintaining and updating it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

This was literally my reaction to both.

Hero - Ok so it’s Hero, cool.
Banjo - Ok so it’s Banjo, cool.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh hey, thanks for reminding me of a good song. :p

Okay. Does anyone here remember Fusionfall? If you do, have you been playing FusionFall Retro? Are you gonna play FusionFall Legacy when it comes ou?
I thought about playing it back when I was a kid. But I ultimately decided against it, never did sign up for the game.

I wasn't impressed much nor even remotely surprised, either. It was kinda like how I reacted to Simon Belmont, there was enough talk about him that I found it pretty likely that he was gonna be in, but the difference between him and The Hero's reveal is that I was actually excited to see and play as Simon. Simon's trailer impressed me, so did Incineroar's, which had the added satisfaction bonus of shutting down the Grinch leak, :ultjoker: and :ultpiranha: were both completely shocking to me for different reasons, and most of the others like :ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultbanjokazooie: had me losing my head, in a good way. By contrast, The Hero is the one unique newcomer I can honestly say I feel no real hype for. I was neither impressed nor surprised by them.

There's nothing wrong with discussing leaks for those who really want to know ahead of time who's gonna be in, but Erdrick "debates" happened so freaking much that they got oversaturated, imo. And again, that doesn't exactly help drum up excitement for someone who knows almost nothing about the character's source material. To each their own. It's a personal opinion and I think in the future I might just start stepping away from any speculation scenes should another Erdrick situation happen. If a given newcomer isn't one I was really rooting for, then I'd at least like that newcomer's reveal to surprise me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom