• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
literally any game: comes out on switch

smash players who can't wait 1 month for information:

1564154147998.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Back to watching through Persona 5. Just got to the beach scene.....

That swimsuit is not appropriate for someone Futaba’s age! I mean really. I get that Japan is more sexually liberated than us and for the most part I’m all for it. Just not on literal children!

Edit: It just keeps getting worse! How long are they gonna stretch this out?!?
Media happens to stretch out fan service like that. People eat that stuff up.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
M!Byleth has a new VO for Heroes!

-yeet-

$10 says they’ll Day One Patch 3H to replace Kirbopher’s voice with Aguilar’s
Wasn’t Chris bragging about voicing Byleth since it could lead him to possibly voice him in Smash?

It‘s hella funny thinking about how that blew up on his face, since it seems Zach would be taking that role instead. KARMA!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wasn’t Chris bragging about voicing Byleth to possibly voice him in Smash?

It‘s hella funny thinking about how that blew up on his face, since it seems Zach would be voicing Byleth now.
Oh no. That’s not what blew up in his face. That’s not it in the slightest. He confessed to abuse.

D

Deleted member

I’m a sucker for VO stuff.

Turns out Zack voices in a lot of anime. Some Jojo and Hunter x Hunter specificly.

I... Think so? Don’t quote me on that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
didnt niosi make those brawl cartoons on newgrounds or am i thinking about a different guy with the last name niosi

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
didnt niosi make those brawl cartoons on newgrounds or am i thinking about a different guy with the last name niosi
Nah that’s def Kirbopher who did Brawl Taunts

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

It‘s hella funny thinking about how that blew up on his face, since it seems Zach would be voicing Byleth now.
Talk about cruel irony.

I still don't want any more FE characters for now, but at least Byleth would be a huge slap in the face to Chris.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’m a fan of Byleth’s new VA. I watched the subs for JoJo and One Punch Man, but I have seen clips of the dub and thought he did a pretty good job of Koichi and Genos respectively for the most part.

He also seems to care about and be a fan of the franchises he works on, whether or not he goes in as a fan or develops a love for the show while working on it, which is always good.

ACC97701-3C6E-47AE-B9EA-0DF4E62944E2.jpeg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was trying to say Kirbopher was Niosi but ok
it wasnt a very good message compared to "yes, the voice actor christopher edwin niosi, who is an american, is the same as internet moniker kirbopher"

D

Deleted member

I’m a fan of Byleth’s new VA. I watched the subs for JoJo and One Punch Man, but I have seen clips of the dub and thought he did a pretty good job of Koichi and Genos respectively for the most part.

He also seems to care about and be a fan of the franchises he works on, whether or not he goes in as a fan or develops a love for the show while working on it, which is always good.
I love VAs who are as active as they can be in communities. I always try my best to chat with fans of things I voice in. (The fact that things I voice in have fans, even if it’s a small amount, astounds me.)

Also, I don’t typically want FE characters, but I just want Byleth in Smash so we can laugh at this Chris chump.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ahem

WE INTERRUPT THIS NIOSI ROASTING FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

4.0 Video at the very least tonight??

...and now back to your scheduled programming

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You see, to me, it looks like fancy shading on generic 3D movie models. That new Sony animated spies in disguise movie that’s coming out? Same art style. Just without the shading filter. Aside from a fancy texture pack, it’s the same method of character design every 3D movie uses and there are so many moments when that’s all I see. Not to mention, neon lights look horrible with this shaded, but that really is a nitpick.
I know we have different opinions and such, but there is very little remotely similar about those movies artstyles, the character proportions in Spies is way more exaggerated and slim while Spiderverse is still a bit exaggerated but still resembles more human proportions. Spies is more polished and smooth like every other film where Spiderverse as a rough, grounded style embracing imperfections that make it look more natural. I’m not saying you have to like the style but I don’t understand how you’re able to say it looks like every other animated film just with different lighting. I don’t feel like we watched the same movie.
A0E4C6EF-4492-4934-B7A8-C3EA4A903F39.jpeg
31F0FE53-371D-4B20-BD2C-CF1C98470D94.jpeg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Back to watching through Persona 5. Just got to the beach scene.....

That swimsuit is not appropriate for someone Futaba’s age! I mean really. I get that Japan is more sexually liberated than us and for the most part I’m all for it. Just not on literal children!

Edit: It just keeps getting worse! How long are they gonna stretch this out?!?
I don’t really know a lot of people that would call a yellow swimsuit with a strawberry pattern and lots of frills and a big skirt “sexually liberating”...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You see, to me, it looks like fancy shading on generic 3D movie models. That new Sony animated spies in disguise movie that’s coming out? Same art style. Just without the shading filter. Aside from a fancy texture pack, it’s the same method of character design every 3D movie uses and there are so many moments when that’s all I see. Not to mention, neon lights look horrible with this shaded, but that really is a nitpick.
Hey um... I hate to be that guy, but Spies in Disguise isn't Sony. It's Blue Sky, Fox's animation division that gave us stuff like Rio and Ice Age.

Sorry, I just wanna make sure the wrong studios aren't getting credit for someone else's work.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Nope, it’s been done:
-yeet-
I’ve listened to some of Byleth’s voice lines from both the previous actor and the recent one, and I have to say that I like Zach’s interpretation of Byleth better.

His Byleth is much more younger, which sounds better overall since Byleth has been mentioned several times as either a child or very young man. Chris’s Byleth however, sounds much older, like late 20’s early 30’s, and it sounds off putting as a result.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
> DOOM I, II, and III shadow dropped on Switch.

Yeah, I’m thinking he’s in. Half joking, but random drop for sure. Cool either way.
So DOOM 1-3 are apparently getting a surprise release on the Switch today

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

The two events are unrelated, but it doesn't seem unrealistic at this point if a certain someone got into Smash
It's QUAKE-CON today as well, so they're probably going to be announced then. IT also seems like the perfect time to announce Doom Guy if he's in, so if he's not announced today, he's not gonna be in, in my book.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, I don’t typically want FE characters, but I just want Byleth in Smash so we can laugh at this Chris chump.
Broke: Wanting more FE to spite Smash fans
Joke: Wanting more FE because you like a character from the series that isn't playable
Woke: Wanting more FE to spite an FE character's former VA

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's QUAKE-CON today as well, so they're probably going to be announced then. IT also seems like the perfect time to announce Doom Guy if he's in, so if he's not announced today, he's not gonna be in, in my book.
Even then, why would they announce a Smash character outside of a Nintendo Direct? That Minecraft convention came and went after all and no Steve for Smash there...

Yes I know about Robin/Lucina but in this case I’m talking about events for other companies

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Until I get payed next week I’m gonna have to do backflips to avoid Fire Emblem spoilers

At least Hero should be coming soon.

D

Deleted member

Broke: Wanting more FE to spite Smash fans
Joke: Wanting more FE because you like a character from the series that isn't playable
Woke: Wanting more FE to spite an FE character's former VA
Hahaha, I'm teasing, of course. I don't want that.

only a part of me does

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Until I get payed next week I’m gonna have to do backflips to avoid Fire Emblem spoilers

Nobody:
TH Spoilers:
I know we have different opinions and such, but there is very little remotely similar about those movies artstyles, the character proportions in Spies is way more exaggerated and slim while Spiderverse is still a bit exaggerated but still resembles more human proportions. Spies is more polished and smooth like every other film where Spiderverse as a rough, grounded style embracing imperfections that make it look more natural. I’m not saying you have to like the style but I don’t understand how you’re able to say it looks like every other animated film just with different lighting. I don’t feel like we watched the same movie.
While we are on the topic of Into The Spider-Verse, this movie is straight up fantastic. It never gets old.

D

Deleted member

The gameplan is to avoid them and stay safe, then when Hero comes around no one will care about Three Houses anymore. :secretkpop:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Ugh..I am freaking myself out now..I'm supposed to be able to pick up my Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Special Edition today but it still hasn't even shown as being out for delivery..it left the shipping facility last night alongside the amiibo for :ultpichu: :ultpokemontrainer: and :ultisabelle: yet those three are shown as having arrived at the store while Fire Emblem: Three Houses SE still only shows that it left said facility..it still says its supposed to arrive today, but I'm getting really worried that it got lost or destroyed....hopefully its only that the scanning label got too damaged to scan and its still alongside the other three.
how the **** is he a professor
I mean, it is medieval era fantasy anime game..and becoming a professor was just a thing that happened to Byleth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom