• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The one behind the #BringBackKI made some great points and worth watching:
We never said they shouldn't do it, just that it's not hard to do or necessary to do another reboot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I mean, at least you guys are getting the SMT game on the Switch.

Eventually.
While watching Persona get anything and everything it could ever ask for.
I don’t hate Persona (except for the first one and the Q spinoffs) but I also don’t like how Atlus acts like it’s the only IP they’ve ever made.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ya know, I wonder how Conker fans are feeling, considering they usually get glossed over when it comes to Microsoft properties.
Killer Instinct: Rebooted
Battletoads: Rebooted
Banjo-Kazooie: In Smash, might get rebooted
Conker: Y O U N G C O N K E R
1564105405552.png

D

Deleted member

Ya know, I wonder how Conker fans are feeling, considering they usually get glossed over when it comes to Microsoft properties.
Conker is a interesting in that he kinda came early on the train of adult humor cartoons that became popular in Adult Swim a few years after its release, then I dunno how MS dropped the ball with Live and Reloaded in censoring swears and removing the best parts of the MP.
Killer Instinct: Rebooted
Battletoads: Rebooted
Banjo-Kazooie: In Smash, might get rebooted
Conker: Y O U N G C O N K E R
Forgot that was a thing lol. Im amazed by the general MS incompetence with Rare's franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Conker is a interesting in that he kinda came early on the train of adult humor cartoons that became popular in Adult Swim a few years after its release, then I dunno how MS dropped the ball with Live and Reloaded in censoring swears and removing the best parts of the MP.
If anything the time is now for a Conker remake/squeakuel, the adult comedy is coming back in style, it's just a different mold.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really hope that if Conker gets a reboot, they go back to his classic design and throw in a joke about this monstrosity.
the solution is to go back to his roots. his roots roots

we gotta bring back the kid friendly conker but this time make him go through a process that shows why he went from hugs to drugs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Forgot that was a thing lol. Im amazed by the general MS incompetence with Rare's franchises.
For real though aside from things like Young Conker it feels like they've been treating the old Rare IPs better than they were before the X1, especially in the last couple of years. Even Rare is back to making actual games now and not just Kinect titles, and from what I've heard Sea of Thieves has managed to see something of a turnaround. We just have to wait and see if that continues.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright social thread, and/or Marvel fans, looking for a favor.

Considering I’ve been deep into Marvel Ultimate Alliance, it’s convinced me to get back to reading my comics that I’ve yet to crack open, and venture out to get ones that are classics or newer and that I haven’t been exposed to yet.

I currently own the following:
Avengers: Civil War
Infinity Gauntlet
Age of Ultron
Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga
House of M
Spider-Man Omnibus 1, 3, Todd McFarlane, Spider-Verse, Tangled Web, Spider-Man vs. Venom, Venomnibus
Age of Apocalypse
X-Men Revolution
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Newly bought...Ms. Marvel: Omnibus 1 (Kamala Khan!)

I also have some Batman, which includes the following:
Hush
The Long Halloween
Death in the Family
The Court of Owls
The Killing Joke (amazing, absolute classic)
The Dark Knight Returns

Might be more, but can’t remember off the top of my head.

I’m super interested in reaching out to other heroes I don’t own already (Black Panther, Fantastic 4, Cap, Iron Man, etc), and classic storylines as well. But I don’t really know where to start. If you have any recommendations, I’d be more than happy to follow up on them!

Thanks in advance!

StormC

Smash Hero
So I guess my theory that they were going to show the Hero video on the last business day in Japan was bunk.

Either Hero is still coming out on the 29th or his video is, given that there seem to be a lot of maintenance updates that day.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But seriously, think about it. KI got rebooted (and demand is still high for a new game), Battletoads got rebooted, Banjo is in Smash, Cuphead is becoming a franchise, Ori's getting a sequel (eventually), Halo's making a comeback, Minecraft is... Minecraft, but Conker?

Glorified cameos for failed games.

D

Deleted member

Considering I’ve been deep into Marvel Ultimate Alliance, it’s convinced me to get back to reading my comics that I’ve yet to crack open, and venture out to get ones that are classics or newer and that I haven’t been exposed to yet.

Infinity Gauntlet
Age of Ultron
Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga
House of M
Spider-Man Omnibus 1, 3, Todd McFarlane, Spider-Verse, Tangled Web, Spider-Man vs. Venom, Venomnibus
Age of Apocalypse
X-Men Revolution

Hush
The Long Halloween
Death in the Family
The Court of Owls
The Dark Knight Returns

I’m super interested in reaching out to other heroes I don’t own already (Black Panther, Fantastic 4, Cap, Iron Man, etc), and classic storylines as well. But I don’t really know where to start. If you have any recommendations, I’d be more than happy to follow up on them!

Thanks in advance!
Nice choice with titles, Kamala's series is quite fun.

If you like Guardians of the Galaxy and Cosmic Marvel in general I recommend the mid 2000s to early 2010s runs by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning which include GotG, Nova, Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and the Thanos Imperative. The massiveness of the events scale is impressive and quite a ride. (I would love an adaptation of the Thanos Imperative, its one of my ideal ways to end the MCU for me)

If you end up liking Ms. Marvel I would recommend Vol 1 and 2 of Runaways by Brian K Vaughan.

For Spiderman, his current run is quite fun.

StormC

Smash Hero
But seriously, think about it. KI got rebooted (and demand is still high for a new game), Battletoads got rebooted, Banjo is in Smash, Cuphead is becoming a franchise, Ori's getting a sequel (eventually), Halo's making a comeback, Minecraft is... Minecraft, but Conker?

Is there really an audience for Conker in 2019? Cute animals saying rude words is a pretty played out genre.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Conker’s life is a bad fur day

D

Deleted member

Is there really an audience for Conker in 2019? Cute animals saying rude words is a pretty played out genre.
Perhaps, but who knows. Series like Rick and Morty are quite popular currently and that's pretty much on the area of Conker in regards of Adult Humor, and a few series like Bojack manage issues of depression and stuff like that using cartoon animals. I feel that Conker could find its public given that there are no games like Conker.
Any leaks, seemingly legit or obviously fake? I'm seriously jonesing for some information, real or not.
Im the next fighter for DLC but dont tell anyone.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fact we managed to achieve what was thought to had been the impossible 10 years ago anything is possible at this point. I can say an new Conker game or BattleToads reboot is certain along with remasters of the first two Banjo games or even the Threeie fans had wanted over the years.

*Eyes Nuts & Bolts*

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Infinity Gauntlet
Age of Ultron
Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga
House of M
Age of Apocalypse
X-Men Revolution

Hush
The Long Halloween
Death in the Family
The Court of Owls
The Dark Knight Returns

Thanks in advance!
Frank Miller's Daredevil run way back was excellent and also one of the few good things he wrote.
The most recent Secret Wars was really neat, lots of good moments.
Old Man Logan's revival has been great.
Tom King's Vision is excellent
Dr Strange: The Oath is one of the best Strange stories.
Planet Hulk and World War Hulk are really fun
The recent Moon Knight run is really good so far

Superman: Red Son is a great elseworlds take on the character
Blackest Night is my favourite Green Lantern story
The recent Batman/Superman double dates are excellent looks at both characters
The Button is good as a lead in to the current Doomsday Clock story
A bunch of the weird crossovers like Batman and the TMNT or Batman and Elmer Fudd, they have no right to be as good as they are

Outside of that, anything Hellboy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The fact we managed to achieve what was thought to had been the impossible 10 years ago anything is possible at this point. I can say an new Conker game or BattleToads reboot is certain along with remasters of the first two Banjo games or even the Threeie fans had wanted over the years.

*Eyes Nuts & Bolts*
Battletoads literally had a reveal at E3

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think "rude words" necessarily needs to be the draw, for me it was always more about the humour and the movie parodies. The question is if it could work without Chris Seavor and some of the other staff members who have left.

Infinity Gauntlet
Age of Ultron
Days of Future Past
Dark Phoenix Saga
House of M
Age of Apocalypse
X-Men Revolution

Hush
The Long Halloween
Death in the Family
The Court of Owls
The Dark Knight Returns

Thanks in advance!
I don't have much of a clue outside of Spider-Man, so I can really only recommend his comics and comics related to him.
- The original Spider-Man 2099 run is really interesting and fun, and from what I've seen the newer run is good too.
- Spider-Gwen is a really cool, new take on the spider formula.
- and in my opinion Spider-Man: Blue might be the best self contained comic series I've ever read, it's certainly my favourite comic of all time.

I have 3 Batman recommendations too:
- Batman: Year One
- Gotham by Gaslight (I don't know if you know much about Elseworlds, but this is one of the most well known)
- if you're looking for a fun time with a comic then anything starring Harley Quinn is usually a good bet, I personally enjoyed Harley & Ivy.

StormC

Smash Hero
Perhaps, but who knows. Series like Rick and Morty are quite popular currently and that's pretty much on the area of Conker in regards of Adult Humor, and a few series like Bojack manage issues of depression and stuff like that using cartoon animals. I feel that Conker could find its public given that there are no games like Conker.
Those shows don't really sell themselves on shock humor though. The reason Conker gained any kind of notoriety is because it was a 3D platformer on the N64 with boobs, guns, beer, and curse words. Playing that straight wouldn't work as well.

Iridium

Smash Hero

It just feels so weird looking at this:

While actually being able to say that's not the real him. I mean, it isn't.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While actually being able to say that's not the real him. I mean, it isn't.
aw ****

and they said tony the tiger couldnt get in smash cause he's not a video game character, and look what we have here

untitled.png

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I’m not the best person to talk comics because I abandoned the industry years ago, but the ones I’d recommend are Infinity Gauntlet and the Thanos Quest storyline.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
aw ****

and they said tony the tiger couldnt get in smash cause he's not a video game character, and look what we have here
Timber (that's his name): Super Smash Brothers. Iiiiiiittt's GREAT!

Sorry, just had to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom