• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It just feels so weird looking at this:
While actually being able to say that's not the real him. I mean, it isn't.
There was also Pocket Tales for the GBC. It was one of the most interesting things in my childhood seeing the 180 degree change on Conker.
Those shows don't really sell themselves on shock humor though. The reason Conker gained any kind of notoriety is because it was a 3D platformer on the N64 with boobs, guns, beer, and curse words. Playing that straight wouldn't work as well.
Dunno, I think that R&M involves a lot of shock value. Horrific scenes of murder or catastrophe are played like that like the infamous ending of the love potion episode.

Plus its a different era now. Conker came when the whole adult cartoons were not popular, and while . Plus now Im remembering a recent film CGI film which I dont believe we should bring that had similar shock humor as Conker.

It will be interesting to see if there are any attempts with the IP revival, if not Conker will just remain as a product of the era.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does it have better writing than Cocoa Puffs' lore?
whats more important that nothing tops the story of Chuck E. Cheese, the orphan turned business entrepreneur

the best thing is that what i said is absolutely actually confirmed lore

Noipoi

Howdy!
whats more important that nothing tops the story of Chuck E. Cheese, the orphan turned business entrepreneur

the best thing is that what i said is absolutely actually confirmed lore
His name is Charles Entertainment Cheese

Put some respect on his name

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still remenber the Old Chuck E. Cheese before they redesigned him to make him look "cool".

2000s kids rise... up?

(Do we even have a distinct identity or do we just share it with the late 90s?)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still remenber the Old Chuck E. Cheese before they redesigned him to make him look "cool".

2000s kids rise... up?

(Do we even have a distinct identity or do we just share it with the late 90s?)
We’re the Phineas and Ferb, The Wii, Diamond and Pearl, Poptropica, Hannah Montana, Classic Ben 10, Club Penguin, Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time kids.

doesnt matter, we just all make fun of anyone who's under 15 because fortnite
That too

D

Deleted member

I've been watching all the old OW and TF2 shorts recently and holy **** Expiration Date is 5 years old. It came out during my last year of high school but somehow it feels so much more recent than that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
doesnt matter, we just all make fun of anyone who's under 15 because fortnite
Fortnite: "Exists"

Young adults of the current generation: "OnLy BaBiEs PlAy FoRtNiTe It CrInGe AnD sUcKs WaH"

(For real, I don't play Fortnite nor do I am interested in trying it out, but the hate it gets has been a little more than excessive.)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
(For real, I don't play Fortnite nor do I am interested in trying it out, but the hate it gets has been a little more than excessive.)
the day jonesy walks into smash bros is the day we have to change to a salt-free diet

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's funny, because my gen loved Minecraft and then claimed that Minecraft was cringy, and then moved to Fortnite, and declared Fortnite cringy, and then moved BACK to Minecraft.

We're reverting.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been watching all the old OW and TF2 shorts recently and holy **** Expiration Date is 5 years old. It came out during my last year of high school but somehow it feels so much more recent than that.
...Oh Lord I feel old again. Dang it, Chucklehead. Congrats. You made me feel like an old man at the age of 21.

Oh, on a lighter note, speaking of OW and TF2, have any of you ever seen those two SFMs where the Heroes and Mercs from the two games battle to the death on Payload rounds? They're friggin' awesome.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guarantee back in the day kids probably wished older gamers stopped ****ting on Minecraft.

And now those kids are older gamers ****ting on Fortnite.

Let kids enjoy things, god damn.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's funny, because my gen loved Minecraft and then claimed that Minecraft was cringy, and then moved to Fortnite, and declared Fortnite cringy, and then moved BACK to Minecraft.

We're reverting.
Your time is better spent building Golden Idols than Smashing Pink Llamas

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

We're reverting.
I mean, in Minecraft's case, the game isn't the problem, it's widely decided to be the fan base. So...

Fortnite for the most part is fine too, the only things about it that are really "cringy" are the dances and the monetization model.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hoo boy, just imagine if Sans got in, too.

While one side loses their minds, everyone else will probably be more like...well, this:
Regular crab? You mean Giant Enemy Crab? I think we should attack its weak spot for massive damage. Sans can be considered the enemy crab, by the way.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, in Minecraft's case, the game isn't the problem, it's widely decided to be the fan base. So...

Fortnite for the most part is fine too, the only things about it that are really "cringy" are the dances and the monetization model.
If I had to take a crack at it, the issue was that both were beyond oversaturated at one point, but the key difference is that Minecraft, at the time, was one of a kind (and it still kinda is), meanwhile, Fortnite is competing with a bajillion battle royales, causing people to get tired of BRs in general, where as Minecraft still has the edge of being an extremely unique gane in the market, even 1 decade later.

osby

Smash Obsessed

You don't play as bipedal animals, so it's not "wacky and charming".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
With the mining mount I created in Terraria (does anyone even play Terraria here, besides Cori?), I can now terraform the world as I see fit.

My plan is to destroy everything on the surface until I reach the very last segment that identifies itself as Surface. Then, I'll create artificial Biomes that I can keep in check, and make farming easier.

It's all coming together....

...but I have work tomorrow, so I better stop now and go to bed.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You don't play as bipedal animals, so it's not "wacky and charming".
I bet Sonic fans wish that featuring bipedal animals would stop a franchise from getting **** on.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I wish Valve made more TF2 shorts after this one.

At the very least, Just finish the comics Valve, I need closure to this story that's been going on since 2010 with Engineer Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom