• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Did the looney toons piss in your cereal? What’cha got against cartoon characters?
I don't.

I'm just nervous because a have a big exam coming up today and I'm looking for an excuse to snark. I'll just leave this place for a while to clear my head.

Sorry for acting unsightly.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't.

I'm just nervous because a have a big exam coming up today and I'm looking for an excuse to snark. I'll just leave this place for a while to clear my head.

Best of luck Osby. You got this.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't.

It’s cool. I’ve given my fair share of anti-Minecraft snark in the past. Just put out what you need to to be healthy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't.

Hey man, no worries. I was just messing with ya.

You got this exam in the bag, bro!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Just watched the whole thing. My biggest point is.... why should Microsoft care about any of this? The only thing they would care about is profit and this video isn’t going to change any of this.
Also, the franchise isn’t dead just because it’s been two years with nothing happening. A new system is coming soon. Of course they’re not saying anything. And even if they aren’t, it’s gonna be another couple years before we see ANYTHING if this campaign starts up development NOW. I just don’t wanna see constant “bring back KI” spam until MS reveals a new game. Because it’s gonna get annoying.

StormC

Smash Hero
We’ve already got Kremling Krunch, Jiggy Crisp, and Inciner-Os.

Who’s next?
Real hot take: If Incineroar was the protagonist of a beloved platformer series there would be less handwringing over his design and "ugliness."

You can't tell me with a straight face Incineroar's design is more ridiculous than like, Crash Bandicoot.

:ultbanjokazooie: profit is going straight to nintendo tho
Is that even true? For all we know Microsoft gets a cut.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wish Valve made more TF2 shorts after this one.

At the very least, Just finish the comics Valve, I need closure to this story that's been going on since 2010 with Engineer Update.
Oh he doesn't know
Also IIRC the story for comic 7 is actually finished, we're just waiting for the stars to align so the rest of the work is finished

Noipoi

Howdy!
Real hot take: If Incineroar was the protagonist of a beloved platformer series there would be less handwringing over his design and "ugliness."

You can't tell me with a straight face Incineroar's design is more ridiculous than like, Crash Bandicoot.

It’s just cuz he’s a fire starter with fighting themes.

Hell, if he wasn’t a starter he’d probably be better received in the first place.

Emboar screwed it up for everyone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think KI4 would be a great title for the upcoming gen. Given that it was pretty successful despite it's lower budget and a change in developer, I can only imagine the next title being even better if they go get the team back together.

StormC

Smash Hero
It’s just cuz he’s a fire starter with fighting themes.

Hell, if he wasn’t a starter he’d probably be better received in the first place.

Emboar screwed it up for everyone.
I hated Emboar at first but then I gradually warmed up to him to the point where he's my favorite Unova starter now. Actually having a movepool helps.

Unova still has the worst starters.

I was a little hesitant on Incineroar at first (was hoping for a quadruped Fire starter) but it wasn't long before I really dug him. Decidueye is still my favorite Alola starter but Incineroar is a close second.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One day they'll make a Minecraft cereal that tastes like the enemy mobs.

I mean, come on, I'm pretty sure we all wondered what a Creeper or and Enderman tasted like, or at least what they FELT like.

I'm sure a Creeper feels like sandpaper.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
If I had to take a crack at it, the issue was that both were beyond oversaturated at one point, but the key difference is that Minecraft, at the time, was one of a kind (and it still kinda is), meanwhile, Fortnite is competing with a bajillion battle royales, causing people to get tired of BRs in general, where as Minecraft still has the edge of being an extremely unique gane in the market, even 1 decade later.
But there's been a better minecraft available since 2016! :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think KI4 would be a great title for the upcoming gen. Given that it was pretty successful despite it's lower budget and a change in developer, I can only imagine the next title being even better if they go get the team back together.
I just hope they don’t go seasonal. Or (this would be my ideal rout) have EVERYONE from the last game ready at launch. Then expand with even more characters as the seasons go on. You could even still pick and choose who you buy like you could before.

I’m almost certain it will be revealed at next E3. I’m also hoping to see a lot more RareWare properties there. Even if I’m not as certain as I used to be.

Also please add Donkey Kong to the roster, if it’s at all possible.

I mean... he’s a little mean looking for a platformer. Maybe as the villain, but not the star.

Incineroar was actually my favorite Sun and Moon starter. I know you all would think it would be Primarina, but she just never hooked me.

D

Deleted member

I mean, come on, I'm pretty sure we all wondered what a Creeper or and Enderman tasted like, or at least what they FELT like.

I assume a Creeper would taste like gunpowder.
Endermen probably taste like black licorice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just hope they don’t go seasonal. Or (this would be my ideal rout) have EVERYONE from the last game ready at launch. Then expand with even more characters as the seasons go on. You could even still pick and choose who you buy like you could before.

I’m almost certain it will be revealed at next E3. I’m also hoping to see a lot more RareWare properties there. Even if I’m not as certain as I used to be.

Also please add Donkey Kong to the roster, if it’s at all possible.
The game going seasonal was likely part of it's success. Same with being free at a point so that players could pick and choose their characters they'd want to play, allowing them to spend how they want. Whether or not all the characters from the previous game will be available will depend on the budget, and even then, there's no guarantee it'll happen. Look at Tekken 7, a handful of characters got cut from T6, some of which have been added later, same with SF5 from SF4, MKX to MK11 and so on.

It's all dependent on the budget of KI4.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I don't want to know the answer to either of those questions, but I really don't ever want toknow what a Zombie or Zombie Pigman would taste like.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The game going seasonal was likely part of it's success. Same with being free at a point so that players could pick and choose their characters they'd want to play, allowing them to spend how they want. Whether or not all the characters from the previous game will be available will depend on the budget, and even then, there's no guarantee it'll happen. Look at Tekken 7, a handful of characters got cut from T6, some of which have been added later, same with SF5 from SF4, MKX to MK11 and so on.

It's all dependent on the budget of KI4.
I’m not saying I expect anything. I’m just saying that’s what I think they should do. They could even probably get away with reusing models and animations.

The one thing I want if they do the seasonal thing again. Is for each season to have a “season finale”. 1 didn’t have one. 2 had ARIA. and 3 had the lackluster Shadow Lords Mode (keep that far away from every other game in the series). I want each season to end with a bang.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The saddest part of me learning to drive is that I always imagined when we were older me and my best friend would hop into a car and drive off to engage in whatever shenanigans awaited us

I haven’t seen him in person in two years :upsidedown:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

People are gonna get picky with Pokemon. Not to mention all the complaints about it being on two legs even before it got into Smash. Then again, I liked his gimmick, so the goofy hands never bothered me. And I wasn't disappointed like I was with Gen 6's starters other than Greninja. I don't have much of a problem with most cartoony looking characters, though most of the Kongs, other than DK, Diddy and Dixie are pretty mid.

>people put nintendo characters in any other company's fighting game
>it's never captain falcon

View attachment 232527
Make him the guest for some Tekken game on Switch. Give Raptor Boost the same frame data as EWGF.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know what?

I think I'd like to try doing an AMA. Sign me up.

Assuming that it's fine for me to not answer questions that I deem a little too personal.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly Minecraft’s fanbase is fine from my experience, the amount of toxic people isn’t any worse than other fanbases and there’s a lot of mature people still. Using the fanbase as a reason to hate a game, or hating a game because kids like it, is just sad anyway.

(I guess when I say using the fanbase as a reason is sad, I guess it’s when they assume everyone in the fanbase is the same way or they intentionally tick people off and bash the game with this reason. It’s frickin annoying. It’s also sad if they’re mad because kids like it. I guess we should all hate Pokémon now. Don’t get me started about the dumb jerks that spew false crap out of their mouths about Minecraft and its fanbase and grasp at straws as to why Steve somehow “shouldn’t” be in Smash including assuming crap about the fanbase’s thoughts when there’s evidence against their claims (oh, this video I gave for an example doesn’t show Steve’s popularity, just Minecraft’s? It was a Steve in Smash moveset video with over 90,000 likes and only 1.4 thousand dislikes specifically, you flipping ignorant jerks with your other false crap, stop trying to somehow factually prove your opinions when you just keep making yourself look frickin ignorant and arrogant.))

Sorry, just needed to rant. It’s not about anyone in here, you’re all nice.

But there's been a better minecraft available since 2016! :p
Does it have Creepers or Steve?

I didn’t think so :shades:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am'a back. Finished getting through the Dark Dimension. The boss fights were really challenging. Got my first gameover with Doctor Strange in the second fight. Loki wasn't as challenging then got to Dormammu who was a challenge but surprisingly enough not as much as Doctor Strange's second fight.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am'a back. Finished getting through the Dark Dimension. The boss fights were really challenging. Got my first gameover with Doctor Strange in the second fight. Loki wasn't as challenging then got to Dormammu who was a change but surprisingly enough not as much as Doctor Strange's second fight.
Are you making a metaphor? Or are you talking about UA3?

StormC

Smash Hero
Got to Cinnabar Island in my HGSS replay, forgot about the new remix they added:

HGSS I feel evokes atmosphere the best of the Pokemon games, there is a lot of emphasis put in the sound design of the areas (your footsteps make different noises depending on where they are, nearby water crashing onto the shore drowns out background music) and it has a very pleasant, laidback vibe overall, largely owing to the more rural Johto setting. While I feel like the game still suffers from pacing problems regarding the levels of wild and trainer Pokemon in the lategame, it's got a ton of content and captures perfectly the nostalgic essence of the original games while expanding on them.

I'm pretty apprehensive about the inevitable DP remakes, which are my favorite gen (well, Platinum specifically). HGSS reminds me how good the remakes used to be (even if I'm somewhat of an ORAS apologist, it's no doubt a downgrade from HGSS and even the original games in some ways). I go back and forth on whether HGSS or Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game, I'm gonna replay Platinum soon too and stack them up against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom