• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I hope we get more info on the PS5 soon. I only really need to know three things about it to be satisfied:

1. Release Date (granted, this will probably change)
2. Price
3. How backwards compatible it is (ie is it 3DS style, or Xbox One style?)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
EVERYONE GIVE ME THE NAME OF YOUR FAVORITE HORROR MOVIE IMMEDIATELY, THIS IS A STICK-UP

GIVE ME YOUR FAVS AND NO ONE GETS HURT
The Conjuring, The Exorcist, Parasite, and Hereditary.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Don't know you guys heard. The newest Assassin's Creed will be involving around the vikings!
That information had leaked some months back, really. I saw a TINY part of the concept illustration stream (before my internet couldn't handle it and died) and I saw the trailer in the morning. The CGI trailers, like for other AC games, are AMAZING. So much that it makes me wish Ubi used the gorgeous looking CG all the way instead of Live Action stuff. I honestly doubt I one day might get that game, unless like other times, in the far future it is given a huge discount or as a giveaway. I have only bought 1 title full price at the time of release for PC, and I won't do that again, that one time was an special case.

I like the idea of it and of course plays to the strength of the series (being less AC and more Spartan/Pirate/Viking etc simulator) but I wish it tackled far less known periods of history.
Ancient India, Russian Conquest of Siberia, 10th century Khmer Empire, 19th century Kingdom of Hawaii etc. All would be cool to play in after having looked at them. Or even going prehistory with all the Precursor Race. Why they haven't done that by now is insane.

Gotta say though, if Ubisoft wants to get me to buy it day 1, the map hopefully will include Ireland, at least as DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Taylor F
Huh. Okay then.
'guess we couldn't end April without one last problem.

2020 continue to be weird.
> Clickteam, the creators of the ports, use a fanmade Nightmarrionne model

> FNAF HW Page goes up too early

> FNAF 2020 leaks

Lot of FNAF mishaps recently.

Tommorow, Scott is going to sleepwalk over to his computer and upload a beta build of FNAF 2020, guys.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, no direct in June?

Covid’s got everything screwed up :/. Hope we get some sort of news soon.

But anyway, that’s not what I came here for. I actually came to apologize. While I’ve only been here for almost two years in that time I’ve managed to become quite a prominent presence. That attention quickly got to my head, it caused to me to frantically try and do anything I could for more. I didn’t care if they were just fake internet points, it was the only attention I’ve ever really gotten. But I see now the error of my ways, and I really just wanna say I’m sorry for that. I’m not exactly saying I’m well out together now, but I think I’ve reached a level of self reflection that gives me the hindsight to realize where I was wrong and what I can do to try and improve myself. But right now, right here, all I can do is sincerely apologize. I am sorry.

See ya.

Dutch Raikuna

I swear, we're getting One's Justice 3 and it gonna be the exact same game for $60.

When Bandai realizes the potential that non-DBZ anime have for an actual good game is the the world ends.
If only my friend, if only. Give me a triple AAA My Hero Academia RPG. Haven't fully watched it, but hell I'd buy that.

Too many anime would work perfectly as video games. Instead most are visual novels.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If only my friend, if only. Give me a triple AAA My Hero Academia RPG. Haven't fully watched it, but hell I'd buy that.

Too many anime would work perfectly as video games. Instead most are visual novels.
If they made a spiritual successor to Jump Force but have it be an actual fighting game like FighterZ, then I'm set.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I like the idea of it and of course plays to the strength of the series (being less AC and more Spartan/Pirate/Viking etc simulator) but I wish it tackled far less known periods of history.
Ancient India, Russian Conquest of Siberia, 10th century Khmer Empire, 19th century Kingdom of Hawaii etc. All would be cool to play in after having looked at them. Or even going prehistory with all the Precursor Race. Why they haven't done that by now is insane.

Gotta say though, if Ubisoft wants to get me to buy it day 1, the map hopefully will include Ireland, at least as DLC.
I am just guessing really...but maybe that is the same reason why they are picking up historical periods that are more known? Because they would grab people's attention? I dunno, I wish them luck on whatever they decide to implement. I will look forward for the concept art later because that has been always eye catching to me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Idk why Bandai always goes for Arena Brawlers when it comes to anime. It's all the exaxt same, mash x to win, no skill, no strategy, just mash. But of course, anime fans eat that up no matter what.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Something like how they did dbz kakarot might be cool for a mha game
I haven't played kakarot yet but I thought it looked fun

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was exaggeratimg, but that game is garbo. Bad character models, the same mash x to win gameplay, wonky character choices, lame story, bad animations, bad online.

Wait for it to hit the bargain bin.
Alright. I just like crossovers and I do enjoy a good button mashing. But I guess I should probably wait until a better fighter is made (hopefully by ArcSys).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
EVERYONE GIVE ME THE NAME OF YOUR FAVORITE HORROR MOVIE IMMEDIATELY, THIS IS A STICK-UP

I haven't seen many horror movies, but I think my favourite is Halloween (1978). It does a great job at building suspense, as opposed to using over-the-top gore (I'm fairly squeamish depending on how gore is used; even Friday the 13th's Kevin Bacon kill is too much for me) or cheap jump-scares.

Alien and the Thing are also great, though those are a mix between horror and science fiction.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Idk why Bandai always goes for Arena Brawlers when it comes to anime. It's all the exaxt same, mash x to win, no skill, no strategy, just mash. But of course, anime fans eat that up no matter what.
Something like how they did dbz kakarot might be cool for a mha game
I haven't played kakarot yet but I thought it looked fun
Alright. I just like crossovers and I do enjoy a good button mashing. But I guess I should probably wait until a better fighter is made (hopefully by ArcSys).

Yeah pretty much.

Namco has got that old Tales of engine they can use now that Unreal is being used for Arise. So they could pump out JRPGs a bit quickly with that engine based off anime. Doesn't have to be perfect.

There's a lot of anime that would be so cool to see as an RPG instead of visual novels and brawlers.
Made in Abyss, That I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fire Force, Dr Stone etc. So many anime would work well.

Ah man, now I would so want a Made in Abyss game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Dodongo's cavern in my attempt at beating Ocarina of Time rather than just playing bits and pieces of it - I completely forgot that you encountered Lizalfos in that dungeon. (for whatever reason, I thought they were in the Fire Temple)

I'm going to try to beat as much of the game as possible without using a guide (not aiming for 100% completion by any means), though I am going to use a guide for the Water Temple and the temple in the desert at the very least.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The only redeemable qualities that come to mind are how certain scenes play out. They aren't good scenes because of the models and everything but I like them in concept.

I love the scene where Goku and vegeta see Deku and Bakugo arguing.

Goku: "This is pretty nostalgic, isn't it Vegeta? That kid reminds me a lot of of you when we first met!"

Vegeta and Bakugo: "That kid/oldman is nothing like me!"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only redeemable qualities that come to mind are how certain scenes play out. They aren't good scenes because of the models and everything but I like them in concept.

I love the scene where Goku and vegeta see Deku and Bakugo arguing.

Goku: "This is pretty nostalgic, isn't it Vegeta? That kid reminds me a lot of of you when we first met!"

Vegeta and Bakugo: "That kid/oldman is nothing like me!"
Vegeta's actually a decent character, so he's got a point there.

KillerCage

Smash Master

How about I give you the entire "Alien" franchise?

If that's not acceptable, then I'll just say "Alien."
EDIT: Can I also throw in the "Evil Dead" trilogy and "Godzilla" (1954)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom