• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo possibly not doing a June Direct sucks but I can understand.

But on the bright side, we can still look forward to the Smash Ultimate and Pokémon Sword/Shield DLC.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
my dad keeps telling me to file for this stimulus bill as if Im not a dependent

1) thats lying and Im sure id get in trouble
2) Im 24. and dont do taxes because I dont have a house, dont have a job, ect therefore not even eligible in the first place even if he took me off as a dependent

So either way, I lose

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1255870801686872071

We could still get an Smash representation of the ARMS rep. Doubtful on FP7 though.
Isn't that just a rumor, though?

I could go on, and say, "That user is annoying others by lying about that to others", but considering what Sabi said a while ago, I'm slightly worried it could be that. If that is true, I want to at least see something about a May Direct, otherwise the rest of the year may be very dry...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Nintendo possibly not doing a June Direct sucks but I can understand.

But on the bright side, we can still look forward to the Smash Ultimate and Pokémon Sword/Shield DLC.
Whilst it is disappointing to hear the possibilty of a no Nintendo Direct happening in June, for me it is still understandable considering what has been going lately with the Covid-19 situation.

But I do agree that on the bright side, we can still speculate on Smash Ultimate's season 2 pass content as time goes by.

a perfect opportunity to insert Iron Fist into the movie side of the MCU (and of course Daredevil for Spider-Man...maybe the rest for that matter since he’s the only street hero in the movies atm)
Iron Fist is something that I would like to see Shang Chi face off in a tournament. Anyways, after doing a bit of thinking, here is my wishlist of opponents I would like to see participate in the tournament:

- Razor Fist
- Moving Shadow
- Ghost Maker
- Leiko Wu (possibly to act as an undercover agent)
- Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird - Would love to see Adriane Pallicki retain her role.
- Korg & Miek
- Aleta Ogord (since there is a possibilty that Michelle Yeoh is in talks for the film)
- Batroc the Leaper
- Someone from the Masters of the Mystic Arts (from Dr. Strange)
- A Kree/Skrull fighter
- A fighter from Wakannda
- Karnak
- Iron Fist

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I'm hearing the US opening its states and border again.

Is that a good idea? Tbh I'd wait a little longer before deciding so in case the virus hasn't slowed down.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Is that a good idea? Tbh I'd wait a little longer before deciding so in case the virus hasn't slowed down.
It seems that the Economy of the US is almost collapsing because of this thing so, they probably feel they don't have the luxury to wait much longer. We cannot really know. Hopefully people will still take the necessary cautions.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Whilst it is disappointing to hear the possibilty of a no Nintendo Direct happening in June, for me it is still understandable considering what has been going lately with the Covid-19 situation.

But I do agree that on the bright side, we can still speculate on Smash Ultimate's season 2 pass content as time goes by.

Iron Fist is something that I would like to see Shang Chi face off in a tournament. Anyways, after doing a bit of thinking, here is my wishlist of opponents I would like to see participate in the tournament:

- Razor Fist
- Moving Shadow
- Ghost Maker
- Leiko Wu (possibly to act as an undercover agent)
- Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird - Would love to see Adriane Pallicki retain her role.
- Korg & Miek
- Aleta Ogord (since there is a possibilty that Michelle Yeoh is in talks for the film)
- Batroc the Leaper
- Someone from the Masters of the Mystic Arts (from Dr. Strange)
- A Kree/Skrull fighter
- A fighter from Wakanda
- Karnak
- Iron Fist
it'd be a great way to have some cameos. I still don't know what to do with Luke, Jessica, and Punisher though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It seems that the Economy of the US is almost collapsing because of this thing so, they probably feel they don't have the luxury to wait much longer. We cannot really know. Hopefully people will still take the necessary cautions.
I imagine that as people crosses borders they'll be tested for the virus before doing so.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Yes, and no.

The country borders are closing, but it's up to the states to decide if they can open up or not. My state of Illinois isn't, but say a more conservative southern state like Florida will be opening up.

Mostly for economy reasons, but there are people out here protesting stay at home orders because "Muh Freedom" or something.

We don't have the brightest people.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I need to remind everyone that there’s apparently predicted to be a second wave of this virus in the Fall. So if you haven’t gotten used to this Quarantine Life yet, well, you need to.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People are already starting to come out of their homes where I live for trivial reasons and the number of infected people just began to drop.

Yeah, that's not going to end horribly at all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It be pretty bad if all we get in June is an arms rep reveal and nothing else.

I hope we can get at least fighter passes 7.

But in terms of games, was nothing really finished or close to it for this year? If all those ports of mario games are coming then how much of them is actually done I wonder?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo When you invite a villager onto your island, and it’s full, you should get the option to negotiate with another villager, right? Bob wants to move in, but neither me nor my brother are getting that option.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yup, he is.
Your campsite right?

Because you should have that option. You play a game and if you win he will suggest someone randomly to leave.

Weird that it wouldn’t be work. I would say someone invited him already but their dialog changes if that’s the case

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It be pretty bad if all we get in June is an arms rep reveal and nothing else.

I hope we can get at least fighter passes 7.

But in terms of games, was nothing really finished or close to it for this year? If all those ports of mario games are coming then how much of them is actually done I wonder?
I’m sure there are finished games ready to be released this year but other games are probably in uncertainty hence why a Direct seems out of the picture.

Games, like the 35th anniversary Mario games, will likely still be announced and released in time for holiday but others will be delayed out of 2020. We don’t know which games are effected or not.

However, at the very least, it seems like Smash is progressing rather smoothly.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I need to remind everyone that there’s apparently predicted to be a second wave of this virus in the Fall. So if you haven’t gotten used to this Quarantine Life yet, well, you need to.
I'm used to living in quarantine. The only thing I'm not used to is the slowdown of the entertainment industry. If it slows down or stops then...... I don't know what I'd do.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Your campsite right?

Because you should have that option. You play a game and if you win he will suggest someone randomly to leave.

Weird that it wouldn’t be work. I would say someone invited him already but their dialog changes if that’s the case
Yes, my campsite. And he didn’t play a game with me. He just said that he wanted to move in but that there were no available spaces.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm used to living in quarantine. The only thing I'm not used to is the slowdown of the entertainment industry. If it slows down or stops then...... I don't know what I'd do.
I've pretty much adapted too.

I can still find entertainment just watching my movies at home or them or shows on NetFlix and reading and playing my games. Given how quick this year has already flown, the sooner this could be over once an vaccine is developed. All the movies I'm looking forward to Godzilla vs. Kong notably can wait, lives are more important after all.

That and I can still go outside and do outdoor activities just keep my distance.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Go back. Play games you missed. Watch movies you missed. Just because Entertainment is slowed down doesn’t mean there’s nothing to play.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes, my campsite. And he didn’t play a game with me. He just said that he wanted to move in but that there were no available spaces.
Hmm I haven’t seen any villagers say that.

I have seen them say they want to move in but they stuff to do back home. From there if you keep talking to them eventually they will play a game with you and if you win they will want to move in without a doubt.

Only think I could say would be keeping trying to talking to him and see what happens

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Go back. Play games you missed. Watch movies you missed. Just because Entertainment is slowed down doesn’t mean there’s nothing to play.
Which is what I'm exactly doing.

I can count an number of movies I've already seen and have or on NetFlix that I could keep my occupied until this whole thing blows over.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What Michael said.

If you have enough bandwidth, you can access to a nigh unlimited source of entertainment online. If you're not against e-books, I'd recommend reading some of your backlog.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo When you invite a villager onto your island, and it’s full, you should get the option to negotiate with another villager, right? Bob wants to move in, but neither me nor my brother are getting that option.
I think one you keep talking to them, they will say the whole "Wish I could stay" stuff and when you say stay, they will ask you to play a gane of cards and if you win, they will go to resedit services and pick out a villeger at random that they will replace
edit: I see you did that and it didnt work, thats pretty weird that it didnt work

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hmm I haven’t seen any villagers say that.

I have seen them say they want to move in but they stuff to do back home. From there if you keep talking to them eventually they will play a game with you and if you win they will want to move in without a doubt.

Only think I could say would be keeping trying to talking to him and see what happens
Alrighty, will do. Also, I’m pretty sure that they play games in New Leaf, not New Horizons.

Edit: Nevermind, my bad.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Plus another bright side to this is spending more time with my dogs. Could I ask for anything more and how this whole thing is helping the earth somewhat recover, this could potentially raise more awareness and more effort once this is over.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No they play them in NH too. You have to either guess the color of a card like NL or guess the suit of the card
Hm. Not sure then. Maybe it’s because I’m player two? My brother has a lot more control over the island than I do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Although unlike New Leaf, if you lose the game a few times the villager feels sorry for you and moves in without you winning lol.

Also fun fact the campsite is programmed to give you a 60 percent chance at a villager of a personality type your island does not currently have.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Movies I want to get around watching again are

Kong: Skull Island, Rampage, The Meg, Lake Placid, Reign of Fire, etc.

Games as well.

God of War (2018) and God of War III. Currently playing Okami and Luigi's Mansion 3. Gonna try to get back to Nier: Automata as well but the fact having to start all over before defeating the first boss in the game kinda has me holding back granted I could just do easy mode.

Currently reading The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm. Not sure then. Maybe it’s because I’m player two? My brother has a lot more control over the island than I do.
I’m the second player on my island and I’m able to invite villagers still. The only things it restricts if your the second player from what I’ve seen is the building ramps, bridges, and moving buildings. So it should give you the option if you keep interacting with him

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its funny too. There are times after I see a movie I look forward to, I suddenly realize I found it more fun looking forward to it then wanting to see it.

The same will probably happen once I see Godzilla vs. Kong. Even then it definitely isn't gonna top the Heisei Gamera Trilogy which IMO will remain as the best films ever.

This is also how I'm feeling for the upcoming DLC Smash fighters as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom