• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** Bakugou. One of my most hated characters ever.

Character development my ***. Prick still hasn't apologized to Deku for all the **** he put him through especially pre-UA yet Deku continues to be the lover he is to him.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Todoroki has kinda got that Zuko vibe about him, well a much nicer one.
Ok, but last I checked, Zuko went HARD in TLA, and Todoroki is... Todoroki.
Todoroki is just a chinese knockoff of Zuko.
Shoot, you're not wrong. Both got fire powers, both got daddy issues, both have burn scars over their eyes, and both have insane amounts of fangirls and shippers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Todoroki has kinda got that Zuko vibe about him, well a much nicer one.
Todoroki’s what you call a Kuudere - stoic outside, sweet inside

and he deserves better than what his dad put him through

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only redeemable qualities that come to mind are how certain scenes play out. They aren't good scenes because of the models and everything but I like them in concept.

I love the scene where Goku and vegeta see Deku and Bakugo arguing.

Goku: "This is pretty nostalgic, isn't it Vegeta? That kid reminds me a lot of of you when we first met!"

Vegeta and Bakugo: "That kid/oldman is nothing like me!"
Please let Arc Sys do a game with the same concept Shuisha/Namco! FighterZ turned out great, they could do so much with these IPs! I wonder what the roster would be like?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man I love the fact that I'm not the only anime fan by far here. I can talk about anime without being feeling off.

Feels like though, my favourites are ones that few people would talk about here. Made in Abyss, A Place Further Than The Universe, Amagi Brilliant Park, Girls Last Tour, Violet Evergarden etc.

Todoroki is just a chinese knockoff of Zuko.
Todoroki is just Zuko with bi-polar temperature disorder. Really should watch TLA again, with no interruptions.

Shoot, you're not wrong. Both got fire powers, both got daddy issues, both have burn scars over their eyes, and both have insane amounts of fangirls and shippers.
Over the same eye as well. Should finish MHA as well.

Anime I have to be certain moods for to watch.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Nope. He's just a brat. Compared to most edge-y rival characters he didn't go through enough to warrant being such an asshat.
I thought the same for a while but I like him a bit more since that last episode where he fought Deku, I like that it explained a bit why he's so angry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If Waluigi were to get in, I would want them to do what ????????????? ????????????? did for his moveset and go all in on the Mario Tennis stuff. A Mario Tennis stage, the Mario Tennis victory theme, spirits specifically from Mario Tennis, potentially a series symbol unique to Mario Tennies (although Mario Kart didn't get that so that last one probably wouldn't happen).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Waluigi were to get in, I would want them to do what ????????????? ????????????? did for his moveset and go all in on the Mario Tennis stuff. A Mario Tennis stage, the Mario Tennis victory theme, spirits specifically from Mario Tennis, potentially a series symbol unique to Mario Tennies (although Mario Kart didn't get that so that last one probably wouldn't happen).
I’m gonna need to see this fully realized first.

That reminds me, a unique neutral special idea I had for :ultdaisy: us to use her tennis racket to hit a special black tennis ball that ricochets at right angles on surfaces, referencing both Mario Tennis and the Superball Power from Mario Land, her first appearance and first playable appearance

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m gonna need to see this fully realized first.

That reminds me, a unique neutral special idea I had for :ultdaisy: us to use her tennis racket to hit a special black tennis ball that ricochets at right angles on surfaces, referencing both Mario Tennis and the Superball Power from Mario Land, her first appearance and first playable appearance
I mean.... watch his video to see it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
**** Bakugou. One of my most hated characters ever.

Character development my ***. Prick still hasn't apologized to Deku for all the **** he put him through especially pre-UA yet Deku continues to be the lover he is to him.
Character development doesn't have to always mean that a person does a total 180. Sometimes, a character is effective and interesting simply by going into depth about why they are the way they are. It doesn't excuse Bakugo's poor treatment of Deku, but learning about Bakugo's inner-most thoughts does make him a more interesting character and humanize him.

Is he still a jerk? Yes, for sure. Is he as big of a jerk as he was in season 1? Well... no, but he's only slightly better so it's not the 180 turn that some may think of (and I would assume yourself included) when people think of the term "character development." But, it does make him more interesting. And, whether you love or hate a character, as long as they're well-written, that's what matters the most. Bakugo, while being a jerk, is well-written. He's got good depth and being very opposite of Deku is how he should be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what? I can't really disagree.

Tbh, I never really got the hype behind him and Todoroki.
Todoroki's got a damn good reason for acting the way he did early on, and even he was less of a brat than Bakugo. It also helped that Todoroki became less edgy real quick.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Character development doesn't have to always mean that a person does a total 180. Sometimes, a character is effective and interesting simply by going into depth about why they are the way they are. It doesn't excuse Bakugo's poor treatment of Deku, but learning about Bakugo's inner-most thoughts does make him a more interesting character and humanize him.

Is he still a jerk? Yes, for sure. Is he as big of a jerk as he was in season 1? Well... no, but he's only slightly better so it's not the 180 turn that some may think of (and I would assume yourself included) when people think of the term "character development." But, it does make him more interesting. And, whether you love or hate a character, as long as they're well-written, that's what matters the most. Bakugo, while being a jerk, is well-written. He's got good depth and being very opposite of Deku is how he should be.
Nah, my biggest issue with him is his reason for even being a prick. Someone helps him but he thinks they're mocking him and he gets his panties in a twist. For literal years on end. I don't deny the character got better, I'm saying that his concept from the jump doesn't make him sympathetic or interesting. Just bratty. There's not much going on with that to me. If was still a jerk but at least attempted to give a **** about other people, I'd have less of an issue. Cause even in the comic it feels like his development gets tossed aside/downplayed every other arc. One step forward and two back and the like.

Far cry from abusive parents like Todoroki, getting thrown out of your nation like Zuko, Losing your Job/Wife/Getting Cancer like Eddie Brock, or your thrill-seeking lifestyle biting you in the ass like Deathstroke. Or losing damn near your entire race and planet like Vegeta. And Vegeta was a huge jerk in DBZ, but he slowly integrated from being an enemy to reluctant teammate to anti-hero to a man who at least, cares about the remaining Saiyans and his new family.

Dude's got a long way to go until he gets anywhere close to "Spend most of your life, ruled by another. Watch your race dwindle to a handful...." and so on.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Nah, my biggest issue with him is his reason for even being a prick. Someone helps him but he thinks they're mocking him and he gets his panties in a twist. For literal years on end. I don't deny the character got better, I'm saying that his concept from the jump doesn't make him sympathetic or interesting. Just bratty. There's not much going on with that to me. If was still a jerk but at least attempted to give a **** about other people, I'd have less of an issue. Cause even in the comic it feels like his development gets tossed aside/downplayed every other arc. One step forward and two back and the like.

Far cry from abusive parents like Todoroki, getting thrown out of your nation like Zuko, Losing your Job/Wife/Getting Cancer like Eddie Brock, or your thrill-seeking lifestyle biting you in the ass like Deathstroke. Or losing damn near your entire race and planet like Vegeta. And Vegeta was a huge jerk in DBZ, but he slowly integrated from being an enemy to reluctant teammate to anti-hero to a man who at least, cares about the remaining Saiyans and his new family.

Dude's got a long way to go until he gets anywhere close to "Spend most of your life, ruled by another. Watch your race dwindle to a handful...." and so on.
I wasn't even refuting your points. I quoted Mike Spike instead, obviously. So why the heck are you replying to me?
Don't waste my time.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I was watching some Rescue Rangers recently to gear up for Ducktales, and can I just say I never realized how awesome and dynamic of a character Gadget was, especially for the time? There was a lot more good writing to her character that I noticed now as an adult. Also an excuse to share this art I recently found out one of my favorite artists did:

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I saw a DQ8 sale on My Nintendo, so I decided to buy it. It's the kind of game I usually try to get physical (it's file size is so big that I needed to add a new SD card), but the deal made up for it. Now I have three DQ games in my massive backlog! Maybe I'll have started playing it in three years!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So I was watching some Rescue Rangers recently to gear up for Ducktales, and can I just say I never realized how awesome and dynamic of a character Gadget was, especially for the time? There was a lot more good writing to her character that I noticed now as an adult. Also an excuse to share this art I recently found out one of my favorite artists did:
That's a good artstyle for her

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Bakugo, what's woth the joke that
He dies? Like I thought it was a spoiler, but apparently that's a joke in the MHA fanbase? What kinda joke is that? I thought it was a major spoiler that Trending in Japan ruined for me

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wasn't even refuting your points. I quoted Mike Spike instead, obviously. So why the heck are you replying to me?
Don't waste my time.
1. I thought you were replying/opening up discussion to anyone who had issues with the character.
2. Don't get a ****ing attitude with me for something fairly trivial.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also in case you guys care for my Xeno bros here.

New trailer for the definitive edition. In Japanese though but it gives new footage of the post game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also in case you guys care for my Xeno bros here.

New trailer for the definitive edition. In Japanese though but it gives new footage of the post game.
I’m actually trying to avoid all I can with DE. I love the first game so I know it front to back and I want to be surprised by every little thing I notice but that’s just me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Fine, but you can do so without being a ****.
My apologies for being so terse. Day's been tough, but that doesn't give me an excuse to be so terse as mentioned.

But, considering you're throwing profanity around, I guess we'll make amends 100% later or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom