• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Today would've been the day I go and see the Black Widow movie, but alas due to the coronavirus pandemic its been postponed to November.

Anyways, I have the patience to wait and I still believe health and safety is a top priority as of now. Hopefully by then, the coronavirus situation will ease.
I'm personally excited for the BW movie. It will given insight into a character I've enjoyed for a while, and we're finally getting an origin story for her. She's part of the OG 6 Avengers, so seeing an origins movie for her is more than deserved.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We are now at least 31 days away from the release of the DLC for both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon Sword/Shield.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The visuals are a huge upgrade for me since I was stuck with the 3DS port, but I do agree that it could've been a bit more of a graphical leap with the Switch's hardware. I think the game still looks beautiful, though.
I've looked at the graphic comparisons and yeah it looks fantastic having been stuck with the 3DS port as well. Just thinking they could have used a different lighting and particle system to make it stand out more.

Someone recommend me some Vita games that aren't P4G, pls.
I typically prefer fighting games, RPGs, and platformers.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3, Muramasa Rebirth.

They're DEFINITLY going to remake that scene. Like they already changed Alvis design to make it clear he is Ontos, and the remake is the perfect opportunity to make both game more connected, so if it doesn't happen, remind me to change my avi to Big the Cat
Where? Now you got me very curious....

Finally got around to watching Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s trailer.
Only problem with the whole Mythology take with Assassin’s Creed is that games do it all the time. Specifically God of War tackled Greek and Nordic mythology well before AC did. Egyptian mythology I had seen a lot in movies and other games as well. I hope they take it back to history, times that were well recorded, and kind of flip them on their head. I know millions of fans want a Sengoku period Japan set Assassin’s Creed game and I think that’s a good idea. Either that or a warring states China period.

I’m looking forward to it but I hope they go back to their parkour centric, pseudo historic roots in the following games. Unless they explore Japanese, Chinese, or; most controversial, Christian, mythology I don’t really want to see another one in that vein.
Have had a look at the team who is working on it including the Director of Origins and Black Flag for example working on the game, I can see about hoping this game is a high point. And yeah I want less mythology for now.

For me though, above all I just want lesser explored places and time periods visited that haven't really been talked much in media. Ancient India and 19th Century Hawaii for example.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Today would've been the day I go and see the Black Widow movie, but alas due to the coronavirus pandemic its been postponed to November.
...you didn’t have to mention it...now I cry bloody tears and PB&J sandwiches again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently on SpaceBattles and AlternateHistory discussing what the world would be like if mammals went extinct alongside the dinosaurs.

So far concluded that land would be dominated by birds (And reptiles just not as variable as birds) and oceans still teeming with marine reptiles (Evolving from lizards and crocodiles becoming essentially mosasaurids and pliosaurids as well as maybe cetacean-like reptiles) or sharks reclaiming their throne as top predator.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idea for Crash Bandicoot in Smash, if he successfully KO's an opponent with his spin attack, he is guaranteed a screen or star KO, as a reference to the ricocheting enemies from the Crash series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
3 more days until my Birthday...and the closest thing to Black Widow I'll have will be Apokolips War, Harley Quinn, the rest of Rick & Morty season 4, more Ducktales, continue on through the Uncharted games (**** those unholy monsters), replay through P5R, watch more Marvel shows, and replay through MUA3

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I took some sleeping pills last night to catch up on sleep, yet I woke up slightly earlier than normal and I'm feeling very tired even after coffee.

Bruh.

D

Deleted member

Someone wanted me to record a rap battle between two characters I voice, so I did it.

I love what I do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've looked at the graphic comparisons and yeah it looks fantastic having been stuck with the 3DS port as well. Just thinking they could have used a different lighting and particle system to make it stand out more.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3, Muramasa Rebirth.

Where? Now you got me very curious....

Have had a look at the team who is working on it including the Director of Origins and Black Flag for example working on the game, I can see about hoping this game is a high point. And yeah I want less mythology for now.

For me though, above all I just want lesser explored places and time periods visited that haven't really been talked much in media. Ancient India and 19th Century Hawaii for example.
This image

It was released a few months after the mini-direct. See that Aegis crystal? That wasn't here in XB1, they was a key instead, and it's pretty much here to say that, yes, Alvis is Ontos

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Throw away all possibilities and rules and floodgates and implications and just rate this Smash Pass 2 and post pass content.
Fighter Pack 6: Arms
  • Character: Dr. Coyle
  • Stage: Arms Grand Prix
  • Arms Series Spirits and Music
Fighter Pack 7: League of Legends
  • Character: Ahri
  • Stage: Summoner's Rift
  • League of Legends Spirits and Music
Fighter Pack 8: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Character: Geno
  • Stage: Forrest Maze
  • Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi Music and Super Mario RPG Spirits
Fighter Pack 9: Crash
  • Character: Crash Bandicoot
  • Stage: N. Sanity Beach
  • Crash Series Music and Spirits
Fighter Pack 10: Tekken
  • Character: Kazuya/Devil Kazuya
  • Stage: Devil's Pit
  • Tekken Series Music and Spirits
Fighter Pack 11: Doom
  • Character: DoomSlayer/DoomGuy
  • Stage: Phobos Base
  • Doom Series Music and Spirits
Fighter Pack 12: Mario Tennis (Distributed Free to anyone who bought both Fighters Passes)
  • Character: Waluigi
  • Stage: Waluigi Court
  • Waluigi related Music and Spirits
Fighter Pack 13: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Sold A La Carte)
  • Character: Rillaboom
  • Stage: Wyndon Stadium
  • Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Music and Spirits
Fighter Pack 14: Ninjala (Sold A La Carte)
  • Character: Van (Berecca, Ron, Lucy, Burton, Emma, and Kappei selectable as alternate costumes)
  • Stage: WNA Academy
  • Ninjala Music and Spirits
Fighter Pack 15: DragonBall Z (Sold A La Carte)
  • Character: Son Goku
  • Stage: World Martial Arts Tournament
  • DragonBall Z Music and Spirits

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

This image

It was released a few months after the mini-direct. See that Aegis crystal? That wasn't here in XB1, they was a key instead, and it's pretty much here to say that, yes, Alvis is Ontos

Damn. Needs to be really explained now.

This is why there has to be new cutscenes, showing what Alvis's relationship would be with Malos and Mythra, maybe if he could sense the formers death since the final battles took place at roughly the same time.

Also it will be a major annoyance about if Zanza is not redesigned. Really needs explained or redone. More about Klaus and his two sides, the better, cause depending on the way the series goes, "The Decision" is where it all began.

Guess he found the key he lost.
...Or lost the key he found.
Don't give Nomura ideas for Kingdom Hearts 4.
Unlike his mentor, Nomura can't make a proper story in one entry.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Summer game fest thing could be kind of cool I guess. X-Box has some thing coming out soon. And since it's general 3rd party stuff, even if you only like Playstation or Nintendo, there's probably a couple things to look out for. If Capcom announces something good, WE MOVE!

I dunno what WB games is gonna do. It's been a hot minute since the last Batman Arkham game. But I'd stab someone for a game for The Flash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
AndreaAC AndreaAC Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

Yeah I think I’m ready for a lesser explored time like mentioned. Another thing I was hoping for was possibly a remake of AC1 in time for Assassin’s Creed 15th anniversary. That would mean 2022. I don’t even think they have to stage it as a full remake but I do REALLY want to explore a better fleshed our Holy Land than what we got in 2007. I would hope they’d also add the Altair Chronicles and Bloodlines stories in since a lot of people missed those.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Yeah I think I’m ready for a lesser explored time like mentioned. Another thing I was hoping for was possibly a remake of AC1 in time for Assassin’s Creed 15th anniversary. That would mean 2022. I don’t even think they have to stage it as a full remake but I do REALLY want to explore a better fleshed our Holy Land than what we got in 2007. I would hope they’d also add the Altair Chronicles and Bloodlines stories in since a lot of people missed those.
That sounds like a really good idea, I mean, I know more people give credit to Ezio's Trilogy for being innovative and stuff...but come on, Altair was THE ONE that started it all. After all the advancement the series has got ever since, I feel he really deserves a full remaster and add the tiny pieces of his story that are scattered around.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wario's and Peach's games kind of hit different. They've got their own gimmicks, so it'd be nice if they ever got sequels. Well, Wario got a few, but it's been more than decade since his last one. At least Pizza Tower exists.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Damn. Needs to be really explained now.

This is why there has to be new cutscenes, showing what Alvis's relationship would be with Malos and Mythra, maybe if he could sense the formers death since the final battles took place at roughly the same time.

Also it will be a major annoyance about if Zanza is not redesigned. Really needs explained or redone. More about Klaus and his two sides, the better, cause depending on the way the series goes, "The Decision" is where it all began.

Unlike his mentor, Nomura can't make a proper story in one entry.
'don't know if Alvis have a big relationship with the other Aegis when he doesn't know what they become and what they were doing. Plus Malos is dead at the time both world could cross over, so that's a bit late for that.

Also, what's the problem with Zanza that need to be explainded? He is the bad side of Klaus, or at the very least the side of him who become corrupted with godhood, forgetting the memories of his old life & wanted to live forever and in control of the XB1 universe. All of that is made clear by XB2 ending and connecting the dots. Klaus before "the Decision" was a man who lose faith in humanity and tried to become a god to resolve all of it's problems, and paid the price for it as his XB2 half show, the one who kept his memories & empathy.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Honestly that would be a great idea to remake 1 but I don't know.
The thing as well that made AC play its strongest hand was making certain periods far more known. Italian Renaissance and The Golden Age of Piracy for example. Pirates are a staple of pop culture and the Renaissance was a key time period for innovation that to where we are but to most it's they know more the name and a few facts. History is our playground indeed.

And also as someone who been to the exact places at the former (I actually teared when I saw the Florence Cathedral in real life having jump off it in ACII) it felt so satisfying to see it.

To ask you and AndreaAC AndreaAC what lesser known time periods would want to see in AC?

Don't know if Alvis have a big relationship with the other Aegis when he doesn't know what they become and what they were doing. Plus Malos is dead at the time both world could cross over, so that's a bit late for that.
Also, what's the problem with Zanza that need to be explainded? He is the bad side of Klaus, or at the very least the side of him who become corrupted with godhood, forgetting the memories of his old life & wanted to live forever and in control of the XB1 universe. All of that is made clear by XB2 ending and connecting the dots. Klaus before "the Decision" was a man who lose faith in humanity and tried to become a god to resolve all of it's problems, and paid the price for it as his XB2 half show, the one who kept his memories & empathy.
Was hoping more of a short prequel idea and why Klaus became that. Not to mention his world that became the way it was. Who were the Saviourites as well and all?
Meant far more on the redesign that needs to be done anyways. Like how did Zanza get a new half back. I know logic man says game writers didn't think about all this back then, but not here for that. If so with his body in two wouldn't the Bionis be basically a half giant continent?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is that a good introduction to the series?
Symphonia or Vesperia would be a better intro, but Hearts R IS a JRPG on Vita. most of the other JRPGs that come to mind save for that and the obvious P4G have been ported to other platforms

ps DEAR BAMCO AND SEGA (RESPECTIVELY) PORT HEARTS R AND P4G TO PC/PS4/XB1/SWITCH ALREADY AND LOCALIZE INNOCENCE R WHILE UR AT IT BAMCO

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly that would be a great idea to remake 1 but I don't know.
The thing as well that made AC play its strongest hand was making certain periods far more known. Italian Renaissance and The Golden Age of Piracy for example. Pirates are a staple of pop culture and the Renaissance was a key time period for innovation that to where we are but to most it's they know more the name and a few facts. History is our playground indeed.

And also as someone who been to the exact places at the former (I actually teared when I saw the Florence Cathedral in real life having jump off it in ACII) it felt so satisfying to see it.

To ask you and AndreaAC AndreaAC what lesser known time periods would want to see in AC?

Was hoping more of a short prequel idea and why Klaus became that. Not to mention his world that became the way it was. Who were the Saviourites as well and all?
Meant far more on the redesign that needs to be done anyways. Like how did Zanza get a new half back. I know logic man says game writers didn't think about all this back then, but not here for that. If so with his body in two wouldn't the Bionis be basically a half giant continent?
That's a story for another game entirely, which I won't go here since I'm not that interested about that.

The Zanza half was reborn as the Bionis, which then took over Arglas via the Monado, the giant that was Egil friend and became Zanza new body. Which muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch later on, used Shulk as a vessel to come back with a more human body (even making him similar to who he was before he became a god). In other news, he cheated and used his own creations to gain a new body that was much more desirable for his ego, instead of the XB2 half who decided to stay the way he was because he didn't have reasons to gain a new body when he is all alone & hate himself.

For why the Bionis wasn't half a titan, does that kind of detail really matter? The titans were created for two person, Klaus & his assistant. The accident caused only half of Klaus soul taking over the Bionis, but it's all it needed to work. Plus as you say it, retcon happen, XB1 wasn't made with XB2 in mind or any future plans beside reference to Xenogear, so sometime when you connect two story that weren't, you just gotta accept some things weren't planned and work with what you have. Sure, I like them to expand a bit more on Zanza & the connection between XB1 & XB2 world, but I prefer if they use the new campaign to dwell on that instead of cramming XB1 endgame with even more cutscenes that break the pacing. Like I said, expect some scenes to be changed to reflect better the connection to 2 (Like Alvis saving Shulk ala Pyra saving Rex by sharing her lifeforce), but don't expect too much brand new cutscenes that goes in detail over the why & how of Zanza creation

On that said, thanks for coming to my ted talk, have a nice day.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 2.31.26 PM.png

I like how the Pokemon Twitter account's wallpaper makes it seem that Greninja is now an official mascot of the franchise alongside Pikachu and Eevee, pretty significant status for the ninja frog.​

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Summer game fest thing could be kind of cool I guess. X-Box has some thing coming out soon. And since it's general 3rd party stuff, even if you only like Playstation or Nintendo, there's probably a couple things to look out for. If Capcom announces something good, WE MOVE!

I dunno what WB games is gonna do. It's been a hot minute since the last Batman Arkham game. But I'd stab someone for a game for The Flash.
I could be wrong but wasn’t it stated Nintendo and Ubisoft weren’t apart of summer fest atm?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I could be wrong but wasn’t it stated Nintendo and Ubisoft weren’t apart of summer fest atm?
X-Box has something next week. But its stated most of the content will be third party. That's why I mentioned Nintendo. Some of those titles might also have Switch ports, and plenty of people here probably have a Switch if they play Ultimate.

I'm aware Nintendo isn't officially apart of the Summer Game Fest's Phase 1(I dunno what the other phases have in store). So the Nintendo comments were strictly about the potential 3rd party titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom