• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
When a few YouTube channels you use get taken down within a few days......

I hate this. Stop taking down music that I like.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Sega being trigger happy with the copyright claims.
Good to see a friend of mine has also had to deal with this. Thought Sega was one of the good ones.

Most Persona music has went, the channel that had the best cuts of the FFVII Remake is gone and I've been trying to find a clean cut of the menu theme from Sakura Wars.
It really, really drives me up the wall.

Unless you're indie or Falcom who actually know that their music is part of their popularity, it seems the companies have really been on the march the past year and a half. Just **** off the music.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Aged like a fine wine.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I can't wait for online Evo and see how much of a cluster**** the Smash tournament will be. Ultimate has the worst online netcode compared to the other fighting games so it's gonna look real bad.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually, the whole Charmander thing is gonna bother me. All of Gen 1's starters are based on reptiles, EXCEPT for Charmander, as salamanders are amphibians.
Actually, fun fact: According to Sugimori, despite the names the Bulbasaur line was based on frogs whereas Charmander was lizards, so the former is actually the outlier. It's even clearer when you look at Venusaur's run animation:

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
EVO has been hit too? This virus is really pissing me off.
The EVO tournament for this year isn't cancelled but it's now online only.

In other news this is probably the best shot for low tier heavies to shine since online lag works for their benefit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That is really unsetteling and strange for some reason.
I think part of the issue is that Venusaur doesn't have the proper proportions to hop around like that. Its hind legs aren't nearly long enough.

They should have just had it power walk or something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would love for an Marvel vs. Capcom collection consisting of all the games.

I'd buy that ASAP...Of course after everything blows over whenever that'll be...
For the classic marvel games, I have the same attitude as I did towards Ultimate. With 2 existing.... there’s no real reason to play any of the older games. Really wish they’d do it again for the 3D games.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Anyone know a lot about League of Legends?
I played it a lot a couple of years ago but kinda dropped it. It can be a bit frustrating to play with some of the toxic players but with friends to communicate with it's really fun. It's mechanically fun and good, it might seem scary to newcomers but the tutorial is helpful and there are many guides on the different champions available to play.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I played it a lot a couple of years ago but kinda dropped it. It can be a bit frustrating to play with some of the toxic players but with friends to communicate with it's really fun. It's mechanically fun and good, it might seem scary to newcomers but the tutorial is helpful and there are many guides on the different champions available to play.
I'm more so trying to find someone to help me with deciding on spirits and music from the series for a Smash Fighters Pass.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm more so trying to find someone to help me with deciding on spirits and music from the series for a Smash Fighters Pass.
Oh I'll try to help then.

I'm gonna go assuming that the fighter is Ahri, so if that's the case then I think the spirits will be:

Annie, Ezreal, Jinx, Tristana, Caitlyn, Yasou, Teemo, Lee sin, Thresh, Lucian

As for music I don't remember that much about it lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I'm gonna go assuming that the fighter is Ahri, so if that's the case then I think the spirits will be:

Id also throw in Riven and “DEMACIA!!”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Thanks for the spirits! And you were right about the fighter. The soundtrack is huge though so I have no idea where to even begin.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched the Venom movie. I was hesitant after seeing the trailers, and the pre-release footage, and Woody Harrelson in this terrible wig, but it was all right. I'm more familiar with Venom through cartoons and Spider-Man 3 than I am with the comics, (though it seemed a lot like what I've seen of mid-90's Venom in terms of writing), but it was better than I thought it would be. (my concern is that it would be Fant4stic or Amazing Spider-Man 2 levels of bad)

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just watched the Venom movie. I was hesitant after seeing the trailers, and the pre-release footage, and Woody Harrelson in this terrible wig, but it was all right. I'm more familiar with Venom through cartoons and Spider-Man 3 than I am with the comics, (though it seemed a lot like what I've seen of mid-90's Venom in terms of writing), but it was better than I thought it would be. (my concern is that it would be Fant4stic levels of bad)
I'm personally very half-and-half on Venom. I LOVE the main storyline, with how Eddie Brock deals with the symbiote and his anti-hero journey, but all of the B plots just don't mesh right with the film for me at all, especially the villain. The antagonist was a total joke, imo.

I'd give it a 5.5/10, or... VERY average. It's got a great A plot! But unfortunately, also a crappy B plot. They cancel out and end up causing a middling movie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why does Nintendo never price drop their games? I’m interested in MK8D but it’s still $60, and it’s a port of an old Wii U game that came out three years ago! It should be $30-$40 at most by now, though I would honestly expect $20 from most companies for a game that old.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
After a long hiatus, SMASHBOARDS AMAS ARE BACK IN STEAM, BABY! When people sign up, that is... This time, it's Us3inMN's turn!

Reminder that if y'all are interested in partaking in a future AMA, please let me know. We'll draw two names at random for two AMAs each week, assuming we'll have people enough signed up. The AMA waiting list right now is solely consisting of dormant people, so unless many people end up taking this offer, your AMA will be coming sooner rather than later.

Now, I've had many people talk to me about a potential second go at one. Talked with the staff about it, and I'm happy to report, YES! People who've already been a subject of the AMAs can go for another one! I know I will! Hopefully this rekindle interest and convince others to sign up as well. So If you're interested in going for another round of questions please let me know and i'll put you on the list

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Why does Nintendo never price drop their games? I’m interested in MK8D but it’s still $60, and it’s a port of an old Wii U game that came out three years ago! It should be $30-$40 at most by now, though I would honestly expect $20 from most companies for a game that old.
Cause **** it that's why. Part of my view on the company. I mean bloody hell other games that have been out about half a year you can get for far, far less.

Saw Star Wars and Death Stranding for £25 ($30) and they aren't even 9 months old.

I wanna get Super Mario Maker 2 for example. Only when it bloody drops to £30 but nope says Nintendo with a corporate smile.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Part of the reason why games drop in price is because they miss their initial launch window, their sales drop, so they lower the price to try to get a little more life and profit out of them.

From my understanding though, Nintendo games tend to be "Evergreen" titles though - many of them keep selling well a good while after launch, so Nintendo doesn't really feel the need to drop the price. I imagine it's because their large amount of family-friendly and beginner-friendly titles keeps bringing in new audiences. It's the same reason family films do well in DVD sales, I imagine.

As for Wii U titles specifically, Nintendo is probably trying to give them second life. Most people didn't own or care to buy a Wii U, so MK8 may as well be a new Switch title to them.

The other part is probably just stubbornness, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom