• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Laura Bailey out here playing so many comic book characters and makes them all seem different

Shroob

Sup?
I would pay extra money for any 2D game to be remade with 3D graphics.
Depends on the game.

A lot of games would lose their charm if updated. I adore Earthbound, but part of the reason I adore Earthbound is due to its style. Sure, a version where everything done in claymation like the models they used as their official art sources would be neat, but I'd still probably prefer the original.

It's kinda like how I've heard a lot of people react to the FF7 remake. They love the new game, but there's something about the original that they'll always adore.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Well, I purchased the Ace Attorney Trilogy on PS4. Completed Ace Attorney and Justice for All and did the first case of Trials and Tribulations.

Farewell, My Turnabout was freaking intense, man...that was one hell of a case. And I didn't think that Turnabout Big Top was that bad though it did have it's weak points...Also, Edgeworth is the best character in these games so far, especially in Justice for All. When I complete this games, I'm gonna go play Apollo Justice and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney because are the others I own. I desperately want Dual Destinies, though....and that game is hard to get.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
After a long hiatus, SMASHBOARDS AMAS ARE BACK IN STEAM, BABY! When people sign up, that is... This time, it's Us3inMN's turn!

Reminder that if y'all are interested in partaking in a future AMA, please let me know. We'll draw two names at random for two AMAs each week, assuming we'll have people enough signed up. The AMA waiting list right now is solely consisting of dormant people, so unless many people end up taking this offer, your AMA will be coming sooner rather than later.

Now, I've had many people talk to me about a potential second go at one. Talked with the staff about it, and I'm happy to report, YES! People who've already been a subject of the AMAs can go for another one! I know I will! Hopefully this rekindle interest and convince others to sign up as well. So If you're interested in going for another round of questions please let me know and i'll put you on the list
Time for AMA 2: Electric Boogaloo

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
5:30am thought. It'll get buried but it some thought.

Listening to music from a few mid 2000's EA Sports games while looking at Hyperdimension Neptunia artwork.

1588394197879.png 1588394345211.png 1588394459620.png

Man how weird it fits. These songs would oddly work in it's universe.

1588394626645.png

Or maybe this is a signal that I really should go to bed.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wonder if EVO online is still gonna have an entrance fee.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll be honest, I haven't actually seen the original Star Wars trilogy since I was pretty little. Most of what I remember, I do in part of cultural osmosis, and there was probably a lot of stuff I didn't fully understand when I watched it at the time.

I'm off on May 4th, so that seems like as good of a time as any to rewatch it on Disney+.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, I purchased the Ace Attorney Trilogy on PS4. Completed Ace Attorney and Justice for All and did the first case of Trials and Tribulations.

Farewell, My Turnabout was freaking intense, man...that was one hell of a case. And I didn't think that Turnabout Big Top was that bad though it did have it's weak points...Also, Edgeworth is the best character in these games so far, especially in Justice for All. When I complete this games, I'm gonna go play Apollo Justice and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney because are the others I own. I desperately want Dual Destinies, though....and that game is hard to get.
You can get Dual Destinies digitally I believe.

And if you can you should try the Investigations spinoffs. Edgeworth is amazing in them. The first one is alright, but the sequel is easily the second best AA game imo.

Shroob

Sup?
You can get Dual Destinies digitally I believe.

And if you can you should try the Investigations spinoffs. Edgeworth is amazing in them. The first one is alright, but the sequel is easily the second best AA game imo.
I love Edgeworth's game.......until the end.

God that ending is such a trainwreck of legal proportions lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Playing Minecraft for the first time in about a year. Even last year and the year prior, I didn't boot it up very often, so I'm pretty rusty.

I actually just died to a Creeper in a full suit of iron armor. That hasn't happened to me in years :laugh:.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smashboards Gothic:

"I'd like to see Sora in Smash," you mumble to yourself, sitting in front of your computer late at night. At the edge of your peripheral vision, you see something crawling under your bed. You hold your breath and close your eyes, childishly telling yourself it will go away if you can't see it. Footsteps get closer. You hold your breath when you feel a presence just by your back. You don't need your senses to know its hands are inches away from your neck. A terrifying voice whispers to your ear:

"No solo females?"

You woke up, sweaty and breathless. It was just a dream. Or was it?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Playing Minecraft for the first time in about a year. Even last year and the year prior, I didn't boot it up very often, so I'm pretty rusty.

I actually just died to a Creeper in a full suit of iron armor. That hasn't happened to me in years :laugh:.
Creeper?! Awww man.

Was the creeper wearing the armor or were you? :dazwa:

Nice to know things haven't changed much here :'v

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Smashboards Gothic:

"I'd like to see Sora in Smash," you mumble to yourself, sitting in front of your computer late at night. At the edge of your peripheral vision, you see something crawling under your bed. You hold your breath and close your eyes, childishly telling yourself it will go away if you can't see it. Footsteps get closer. You hold your breath when you feel a presence just by your back. You don't need your senses to know its hands are inches away from your neck. A terrifying voice whispers to your ear:

"No solo females?"

"And I have just the solo female to offer..."

"Isn't she bootifool?" :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
Smashboards Gothic:

"No solo females?"

I think I know what this means and I chuckled.

D

Deleted member

After a long hiatus, SMASHBOARDS AMAS ARE BACK IN STEAM, BABY! When people sign up, that is... This time, it's Us3inMN's turn!

Reminder that if y'all are interested in partaking in a future AMA, please let me know. We'll draw two names at random for two AMAs each week, assuming we'll have people enough signed up. The AMA waiting list right now is solely consisting of dormant people, so unless many people end up taking this offer, your AMA will be coming sooner rather than later.

Now, I've had many people talk to me about a potential second go at one. Talked with the staff about it, and I'm happy to report, YES! People who've already been a subject of the AMAs can go for another one! I know I will! Hopefully this rekindle interest and convince others to sign up as well. So If you're interested in going for another round of questions please let me know and i'll put you on the list
Count me in! :)

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm interested, it was fun the first one.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Ooh! Very nice! I’ll have a crack at another round! Go and add me to the list. Thank you!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Sign me up :yoshi:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I'd love to do another one! Count me in.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’m up for round two!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I just watched the Venom movie. I was hesitant after seeing the trailers, and the pre-release footage, and Woody Harrelson in this terrible wig, but it was all right. I'm more familiar with Venom through cartoons and Spider-Man 3 than I am with the comics, (though it seemed a lot like what I've seen of mid-90's Venom in terms of writing), but it was better than I thought it would be. (my concern is that it would be Fant4stic or Amazing Spider-Man 2 levels of bad)
I felt that Tom Hardy's decent performance as Eddie Brock was the main highlight and as for the rest, I'm not particularly a fan of the story plot and Riz Ahmed's underwhelming portrayal of an antagonist.

With the Fantastic Four back in the helm of Marvel Studios, I really hope they can do it much better than Josh Trank's version.

Other than that, I'm half-way through watching the 3rd season of Agents of SHIELD and I cannot believe that Andrew is the Lash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Sure sign me up dawg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii and... wow there’s a difficulty spike in world 2. And I’m already getting sick of the motion controls.
Depends on the game.

A lot of games would lose their charm if updated. I adore Earthbound, but part of the reason I adore Earthbound is due to its style. Sure, a version where everything done in claymation like the models they used as their official art sources would be neat, but I'd still probably prefer the original.

It's kinda like how I've heard a lot of people react to the FF7 remake. They love the new game, but there's something about the original that they'll always adore.
Let me put it this way, there are entire games I haven’t played and am reluctant to play because of the spite/low poly graphics

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
beat Uncharted 1...buy being a massive wuss and changed the difficulty to explorer so I could have auto aim...gonna do the same thing for 2 and 3 because the powers of being a wimp compels me

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
beat Uncharted 1...buy being a massive wuss and changed the difficulty to explorer so I could have auto aim...gonna do the same thing for 2 and 3 because the powers of being a wimp compels me
I care for having the experience, not proving myself. I play easy mode and I’m proud of it.

Except for platformers. If your not testing your skill at platforming with a Platformer then you’re not really having an experience.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I felt that Tom Hardy's decent performance as Eddie Brock was the main highlight and as for the rest, I'm not particularly a fan of the story plot and Riz Ahmed's underwhelming portrayal of an antagonist.

With the Fantastic Four back in the helm of Marvel Studios, I really hope they can do it much better than Josh Trank's version.

Other than that, I'm half-way through watching the 3rd season of Agents of SHIELD and I cannot believe that Andrew is the Lash.
Even if the Fantastic Four was included in the MCU through a low-budget TV show, it would still be an improvement over Josh Trank's version. Out of the superhero movies that I've seen, I have a tough time deciding what's worse between that, Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, or maybe Batman & Robin. (I haven't seen that movie in a while, so I'm not sure how accurate my memories of it are, and at least Arnold Schwarzenegger's dialogue as Mr. Freeze was (unintentionally?) hilarious)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Even if the Fantastic Four was included in the MCU through a low-budget TV show, it would still be an improvement over Josh Trank's version.
True. I'm just interested to see who will direct the movie and who will be cast.

Out of the superhero movies that I've seen, I have a tough time deciding what's worse between that, Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, or maybe Batman & Robin. (I haven't seen that movie in a while, so I'm not sure how accurate my memories of it are, and at least Arnold Schwarzenegger's dialogue as Mr. Freeze was (unintentionally?) hilarious)
Personally for me, my worst superhero films that I have seen so far is pretty much a tie between Batman Vs Superman due to a number of issues which include Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor and Suicide Squad due to its messy plot and underdeveloped characters such as Katana in which I feel Karen Fukuhara deserved better.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Even if the Fantastic Four was included in the MCU through a low-budget TV show, it would still be an improvement over Josh Trank's version. Out of the superhero movies that I've seen, I have a tough time deciding what's worse between that, Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, or maybe Batman & Robin. (I haven't seen that movie in a while, so I'm not sure how accurate my memories of it are, and at least Arnold Schwarzenegger's dialogue as Mr. Freeze was (unintentionally?) hilarious)
I at least found Batman and Robin to be "so bad it's good" and hilariously quotable. QfP though has nothing for me. It's both very boring AND very aggravating due to how bad it is, which is the worst blend to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom