• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of Bakugo, what's woth the joke that
He dies? Like I thought it was a spoiler, but apparently that's a joke in the MHA fanbase? What kinda joke is that? I thought it was a major spoiler that Trending in Japan ruined for me
I think its a meme the YTber Nuxtaku started and he loved how everyone thought it was real and so he kept doing it and it spread.

And I love it too

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of daddy issues regarding Todoroki.

In my unmade Nintendo/Smash Bros and Jump Stars crossover. I was gonna have King K. Rool nearly killing Endeavor (At this point suffering from an broken arm and three shattered ribs) in an fight to please and satisfy the hatedom towards him.

Plus I just thought it'd be a cool fight and had it being one-sided in King K. Rool's favor who outmatched Endeavor in everything. Strength, speed, durability and such and outwitting him with his trickery and strategy. Endeavor also underestimated King K. Rool who he thought to be an joke given his physique (King K. Rool telling him not to let looks deceive and what he's seeing is actually solid muscle).

Before King K. Rool could had killed him. Deku, Aoyama, Kishima, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong interfered.

Wonder how Rei and Shoto would feel about that given everything he did to them.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

In my unmade Nintendo/Smash Bros and Jump Stars crossover. I was gonna have King K. Rool nearly killing Endeavor (At this point suffering from an broken arm and three shattered ribs) in an fight to please and satisfy the hatedom towards him.

Plus I just thought it'd be a cool fight and had it being one-sided in King K. Rool's favor who outmatched Endeavor in everything. Strength, speed, durability and such and outwitting him with his trickery and strategy. Endeavor also underestimated King K. Rool who he thought to be an joke given his physique (King K. Rool telling him not to let looks deceive and what he's seeing is actually solid muscle).

Before King K. Rool could had killed him. Deku, Aoyama, Kishima, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong interfered.

This is very ambitious. And interesting. Are you planning on finishing this project?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

At what point should I be taking this scenario seriously?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is very ambitious. And interesting. Are you planning on finishing this project?
Unfortunately no since as I mentioned unmade. I felt I didn't have what it took to write such an massive crossover. Also felt like sharing the idea given the current related topic.

One of my other ideas would had also been King K. Rool and his Kremlings meeting Blackbeard and his crew fighting at first before teaming up realizing how similar they are although King K. Rool and Blackbeard continues to have an rivalry who the better captain is.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also in case you guys care for my Xeno bros here.

New trailer for the definitive edition. In Japanese though but it gives new footage of the post game.
A bit of a bummer that the Heart to Hearts aren't fully voiced this time around, but aside from that one omission, this remaster is pretty much everything that I've wanted and more. So happy that my favorite video game of all time is getting the treatment it deserves.

Also, that remix of You Will Know Our Names is ****ing fire!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wario Land Shake it has some really good tracks. More of the Wario Platformers should have gotten content in Smash, at least from a music perspective.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
A bit of a bummer that the Heart to Hearts aren't fully voiced this time around, but aside from that one omission, this remaster is pretty much everything that I've wanted and more. So happy that my favorite video game of all time is getting the treatment it deserves.

Also, that remix of You Will Know Our Names is ****ing fire!
My only real wonder now is the Xenoblade 2 issue and connecting.

And for some reason my brain can't process the graphical jump. Like it wants more.
Maybe it's the graphical lighting.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My only real wonder now is the Xenoblade 2 issue and connecting.

And for some reason my brain can't process the graphical jump. Like it wants more.
Maybe it's the graphical lighting.
The visuals are a huge upgrade for me since I was stuck with the 3DS port, but I do agree that it could've been a bit more of a graphical leap with the Switch's hardware. I think the game still looks beautiful, though.

I'm mostly curious to see if they'll bother to remake the space station scene in XC1 so it'll be more in line with XC2's version of it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I completely forgot that i have the Sakura wars anime movie.

Kinda weird how Funimation hung on to the license for this series for so long that they now distribute the new anime for Sakura wars 6.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So I was watching some Rescue Rangers recently to gear up for Ducktales, and can I just say I never realized how awesome and dynamic of a character Gadget was, especially for the time? There was a lot more good writing to her character that I noticed now as an adult. Also an excuse to share this art I recently found out one of my favorite artists did:
This is really cute looking. :> Though I'm still kind of terrified about the idea of a cult revolving around her supposedly existing somewhere.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Finally got around to watching Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s trailer.

Game looks ****ing dope. My only problem is that I kind of wish they wouldn’t have used Soul of a Man in the trailer because it had already been used in the Mad Max games trailer but eh, it was remixes enough to where only I would be the one to take trouble with it so it’s more than a nitpick. Glad the hidden blade is playing a role in the main game unlike Odyssey.

Only problem with the whole Mythology take with Assassin’s Creed is that games do it all the time. Specifically God of War tackled Greek and Nordic mythology well before AC did. Egyptian mythology I had seen a lot in movies and other games as well. I hope they take it back to history, times that were well recorded, and kind of flip them on their head. I know millions of fans want a Sengoku period Japan set Assassin’s Creed game and I think that’s a good idea. Either that or a warring states China period.

I’m looking forward to it but I hope they go back to their parkour centric, pseudo historic roots in the following games. Unless they explore Japanese, Chinese, or; most controversial, Christian, mythology I don’t really want to see another one in that vein.

I’m glad the Odyssey team went to make Gods & Monsters too. I feel like that game is going to be a hell of a new IP.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Finally got around to watching Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s trailer.

Game looks ****ing dope. My only problem is that I kind of wish they wouldn’t have used Soul of a Man in the trailer because it had already been used in the Mad Max games trailer but eh, it was remixes enough to where only I would be the one to take trouble with it so it’s more than a nitpick. Glad the hidden blade is playing a role in the main game unlike Odyssey.

Only problem with the whole Mythology take with Assassin’s Creed is that games do it all the time. Specifically God of War tackled Greek and Nordic mythology well before AC did. Egyptian mythology I had seen a lot in movies and other games as well. I hope they take it back to history, times that were well recorded, and kind of flip them on their head. I know millions of fans want a Sengoku period Japan set Assassin’s Creed game and I think that’s a good idea. Either that or a warring states China period.

I’m looking forward to it but I hope they go back to their parkour centric, pseudo historic roots in the following games. Unless they explore Japanese, Chinese, or; most controversial, Christian, mythology I don’t really want to see another one in that vein.

I’m glad the Odyssey team went to make Gods & Monsters too. I feel like that game is going to be a hell of a new IP.
I think when people were talking about China, Yves had already mentioned this one in particular?
Granted, it is not a BIG notorious release...but it's there, I guess?

xD Ok, I have to say that one thing that really made me giggle was the fact that a another friend of mine that also watched the trailer told me "Apprently you can play as a female character" and I was thinking "Oh, are they going to do the same thing like with Evie/Jacob or Alexios/Kassandra?" And when I entered Ubisoft's site, I saw Eivor (I think that's the guy's name) and then I saw the statue that comes with the "Collector's edition" and something looked off to me like "Why does his face look so weird...?" And then I realized, it was actually a female version. So, yeah, AC is using Genderbending now. That's a new one for them.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I just found out there's going to be a mass workers strike tomorrow. I've been hearing this about it but I didn't find out Walmart was supposed to be a part of it until now.

I kind of want to join in but I don't know what kind of potential consequences there might be. I also don't know how many of my co-workers are partaking, since I never talk to any of them.

My sisters are both encouraging me to, but they're much braver then I am. I'm stressing out over this.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I started and finished all of the Harley Quin show that’s out right now with my brother and it’s pretty great.

it can be incredibly funny and also hit so hard emotionally that I’m honestly impressed. It’s a lot like Rick and Morty in that regard. The latest episode in particular though:
Has Mr Freeze take a blood transfusion that kills him but saves his wife. The way the episode builds to it and the scene itself were done is really nice.

I highly recommend it although obviously it’s tv mature so consider that first

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its almost 3 in the morning and I made a suicide pact with a random Mei in Overwatch. We threw ourselves off the balcony together in a blissful end.

What my life has become to meet this fate.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The visuals are a huge upgrade for me since I was stuck with the 3DS port, but I do agree that it could've been a bit more of a graphical leap with the Switch's hardware. I think the game still looks beautiful, though.

I'm mostly curious to see if they'll bother to remake the space station scene in XC1 so it'll be more in line with XC2's version of it.
They're DEFINITLY going to remake that scene. Like they already changed Alvis design to make it clear he is Ontos, and the remake is the perfect opportunity to make both game more connected, so if it doesn't happen, remind me to change my avi to Big the Cat
also, heyo folks.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It just came to my knowledge that ignoring my problems does, in fact, not make them magically disappear.

The audacity.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It just came to my knowledge that ignoring my problems does, in fact, not make them magically disappear.

The audacity.
Ah. Yes, well that explains quite a bit on my part. I keep ignoring my cat but shes still alive. Scratching at my door at 4 in the morning to deliberately wake me up.

I guess I'll just eat her.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ah. Yes, well that explains quite a bit on my part. I keep ignoring my cat but shes still alive. Scratching at my door at 4 in the morning to deliberately wake me up.
Hold on, your cat allows you to sleep until 4 a.m.? Lucky dog.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Today would've been the day I go and see the Black Widow movie, but alas due to the coronavirus pandemic its been postponed to November.

Anyways, I have the patience to wait and I still believe health and safety is a top priority as of now. Hopefully by then, the coronavirus situation will ease.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I went on a bit of binge listen with the Sonic The Fighters ost. Now I can't stop.
Hey, at least you're not hooked on the Sonic R soundtrack like I've been before

"Never Let it Go" (Metal Sonic battle) is a pretty kickass theme.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Someone recommend me some Vita games that aren't P4G, pls.

I typically prefer fighting games, RPGs, and platformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom