• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theFalcoMasta

Smash Apprentice
he also went to OC2.....but im not trying to say he should be on the list. because he shouldnt. i dont even remember who he played.....but. yeah. and plus he lost to mike Y at the bi weekly. so if he was good enough to be like automatic top 10 or something he prolly should of won that match.
lol someone sure hates sos...

your comment was pretty tacky. it's already established he's not on the list because he isn't active.

nobody is saying he is "automatic top 10" people are saying he is potentially top 20. and i didn't know losing to the 5th rank in socal (mike Y) means you defintely should not be on the list. I guess nobody on that list has ever lost to mike Y then.

point is it was stupid to use that as a reason for his absence on the list. he isn't off the list because he lost to mike Y. he's off the list because he's not active.

i dont see him complaining about not being on.....so why are other people.
i guess you could attribute to the beginning of "sos discussion" to me, but I was never complaining. I was in fact complimenting socal (just in case your comment was addressed to me. if it was not then diregard this last paragraph).

nublet06

Smash Lord
?? yeah i hate sos. because everytime i try to play someone that is not luigi he like....3 stocks me with his dang counter picks. <3

he should not be on the list because he did not earn a spot like everyone else did. take a look at blitz. a lot of people dont give blitz the credit he deserves.....but he does well in some tournies and beats some good people. what do you know....he is on the list.

SOS is struggling getting his car issues taken care of as he has not been in palmdale for very long....and is getting a job and stuff like that. he simply does not have the resources to travel to any of these tournaments. so he does not deserve the spot because there is nothing but talk about him being good. he needs the opportunities to prove himself. and he has missed out on most of his chances.

SOS lost the only match he played and got disqualified after losing that match at the bi weekly. in no way am i bagging on him. SOS is amazingly good. very possibly the best in palmdale.

once he gets a fair evaluation like everyone else....he will get on.

but what do i know....its not like he lives a few miles away from me. and its not like he has majorly helped me out with character matches i struggle with every time we play together. i obviously hate him so my words mean nothing. And its not like you see a picture of his ownage falco in my sig or anything........the sig that i made....and included him in.....cause he pwns. but yeah i hate him and he suxors.

theFalcoMasta

Smash Apprentice
but what do i know....its not like he lives a few miles away from me. and its not like he has majorly helped me out with character matches i struggle with every time we play together. i obviously hate him so my words mean nothing. And its not like you see a picture of his ownage falco in my sig or anything........the sig that i made....and included him in.....cause he pwns. but yeah i hate him and he suxors.
<.< point taken

emerican

Smash Ace
But they do know. They admitted as much.
its obviously DOESNT MATTER.

they add people according to results... and all SOS has in so.cal is getting 2nd at a small *** tourney in burbank (had like 30 people or less) and then getting DQ'd at the biweekly, and then some performance at OC2.

not enough evidence to put him on.... -now say he goes next tourney and ***** everyone... then ok, that might justify him getting on.

END OF SOS discussion.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
sos likes pickles on his meatball sandwich at subway.....thats y hes not on the list

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
its obviously DOESNT MATTER.

they add people according to results... and all SOS has in so.cal is getting 2nd at a small *** tourney in burbank (had like 30 people or less) and then getting DQ'd at the biweekly, and then some performance at OC2.

not enough evidence to put him on.... -now say he goes next tourney and ***** everyone... then ok, that might justify him getting on.

END OF SOS discussion.
And that's why everyone knows the list isn't totally accurate, so it's whatever now, I already talked to Neal about it.

nublet06

Smash Lord
well its kind of impossible to have an accurate list when people cant travel.

HAHAHAHAH jay wtf....i thought you quit. get out of here with that meatball nonsence.

NEVER PICK POKEMON STADIUM AGAISNT FOX!

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
daaayyum 0_0 socal skill gotta be nuts if S.O.S. isn't good enough for top 20 ;_;

dont worry s.o.s. you're still the man!! (come back to tx plz :urg: :urg: , even tho i kno ur gonna stay in cali but we can always hope lol)

lol actually im only living in cali for 2 years or so >.> depending when i get a job dont worry ill be back pwning the south soon enuf :p dirty sowf style :p

And SOS isn't on the list because he hasn't gone to a single tourney since coming to CA. Except for a bi-weekly, from which he was disqualified for going AWOL. This in no way reflects our opinions toward SOS' skill level; we simply feel he has to prove himself before getting on.

We know he has the potential to be high on the list. We just gotta see it in action.
actually at OC2 i believe i got 17th (i lost to chu)
at BVGO3 the results were
!st DSF (alex is to good :)
2nd S.O.S. (obviously i cheated somehow :p
3rd Gabe aka strait (his fox and yoshi r to sexyyyyyyyy)
and i won teams with dsf
and then i got dq at a bi weekly becauz my love for taco bell is never ending :)

but in all honesty if im on the rankings cool if not thats cool to. i just dont have the wheels to go to tourneys so i cant prove myself so hey the panelists are right :) but please can we not have a flame war about me? lol i mean i admit i shouldnt be on the list becuz i dont get to attend tourneys.. simple as that.

and btw nublet gee your such a great crew member X_X lol jk your cool :p and jay you quit smash!?!? why!?!?

Exactly my point, and apparently it went over your head. If everyone knows it, put him in. Common sense? If PC Chris moves to So Cal, you're saying you wouldn't put him in until he attended tournies? :|

And if you haven't noticed, I don't care about the individual movements in and of themselves... I'm examining the rationale and what specifically triggers this and this. It's easy to get general, but considering this is two months' time, there should be a simple list: "Player A knocked out Player B, which is huge; he gets upgraded for this." Instead it's all general and unspecific, to the point that you may as well not have one at all.

please do not compare me to pc chris for he is supa sexy and im just fat >.>

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Preposterous, you didn't include that UCSD free for all tournament hosted by nubs, in which Pha got 2nd and should be moved into the list for! :D
hahahahahaha. Pha placing someplace other than last. Hilarious!!!!!!! i'm jp, I love u Pha :laugh:

I'm glad to see Blitz on the list. He's pretty underrated :)

I don't really agree with Ken being 1st... Isn't there a position even higher than that? :p

Wolf...is...higher...than...Edrees... :cry: :cry: :cry: hehehehe. I bash on Wolf too much ;)

I can't believe the other panelists actually got Panda off of Phantasy Star to complete the rankings. Good sh*t guys!!! :)

Aesis

Smash Ace

So I have played about 11 people on the list in tournament match.

Ken - 1-2 at Champ Combo
HugS - 0-2 at Champ Combo
DSF - 0-2 at NCT2
Wolf - 1-1 at MLG Anaheim pools, 1-2 MLG Anaheim Bracket
Knivez - 2-0 Champ Combo
Gabe - 0-2 San Bernadino 3
Champ - 0-2 FNO Tournament
Romeo - 1-1 at MLG Anaheim pools
CAOTIC - 1-2 UCSB
Ultra Luigi - 2-0 MLG LA, 2-0 (?) UCSB
Pbody - 2-0 UCSB

(Tavo - 1-2 MLG LA, 2-0 MLG Anaheim Bracket)

Looking at that, it's suffice to say I haven't even played a majority of the people on the list in tournament in recent months. I've only played Wolf, Ultra, CAOTIC, Romeo and Pbody.

So look out for me.

Give me a good bracket at the Biweekly this week, and let me prove to you guys how much I can ****.
Or not, who knows. But it's on now >_<

<3 panelists

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I still think some changes are far too drastic for the small amount of time given between this update and the original list.

I still think changes on the list should be proportional to the time given for each new voting period. More time = an allowance of major changes. Less time = more gradual changes, if any. It just seems too flimsy to skyrocket/plummet players over the course of 3/4 minor tournaments.

This is all under normal circumstances of course. However, when you are given extreme circumstances (mike Y) it becomes clear that drastice changes are due, even if there was not a massive amount of time between lists.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Hugs is right. I was talking to Neal, and he basically said, "We needed two people for the last spot. Would you rather have just had 18 people?"

My response: "Yes."

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Hugs is right. I was talking to Neal, and he basically said, "We needed two people for the last spot. Would you rather have just had 18 people?"

My response: "Yes."
ahh, Now i see which panelist was spilling the beans..... not champ~

anyhow this list would have been dramastically different if i were on the panel... Too bad I wasn't allowed to be because of my bias putting myself as 1st. :embarrass :embarrass

Arash

Smash Lord
arash - if you were to make a list ken, what would it look like?

ken - in order, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken.

ken - of course, each one is a different character that i play. 1st is marth, next is falcon, etc etc

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
arash - if you were to make a list ken, what would it look like?

ken - in order, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken, ken.

ken - of course, each one is a different character that i play. 1st is marth, next is falcon, etc etc

sad thing is i bet he could hold all the titles lol

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Let me throw some names out there. These people are good: (In no particular order)

Evil Nemesis
Squish
Aznchefi
What Is Fear
Inks

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Dude, if you guys can get at least a majority of the people on and in consideration for this list in one place, you could do ranking battles!

But lemme see how well they go this saturday in Norcal.

But you guys should do it anyway. They're RANKING BATTLES!

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
thomas sexy should be on the list too! if thomas wasn't out of practice that is he'd be up there for sure!
I think you're thinking of the 2004 top players which looked something like this:

1) Ken - Marth
2) DSF - Sheik
3) Tavo - Sheik
4) Mana - Samus
5) Arash - Jigglypuff
6) Irvine Dan - Marth
7) Nemar Pott - Dr. Mario
8) Pedro - Gannondorf
9) Sam - Various
10) ThomaSexy - Peach

Hmmm. Not a single Fox or Falco up there. I don't think I got worse. I think everyone else just got better. But this year has been so rough on my personal life. With my girl leaving me, my car repeatedly breaking down then exploding, and my best friend dying..... I've just been going through too much drama this year and I hope to get back up to par before Brawl comes out so I can take my place back in SoCal history.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think you're thinking of the 2004 top players which looked something like this:

1) Ken - Marth
2) DSF - Sheik
3) Tavo - Sheik
4) Mana - Samus
5) Arash - Jigglypuff
6) Irvine Dan - Marth
7) Nemar Pott - Dr. Mario
8) Pedro - Gannondorf
9) Sam - Various
10) ThomaSexy - Peach

Hmmm. Not a single Fox or Falco up there. I don't think I got worse. I think everyone else just got better. But this year has been so rough on my personal life. With my girl leaving me, my car repeatedly breaking down then exploding, and my best friend dying..... I've just been going through too much drama this year and I hope to get back up to par before Brawl comes out so I can take my place back in SoCal history.
Intereting..... good luck sexy!! Looks I'm gonna be history soon (1 month)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom